Xtratime Community banner

1061 - 1079 of 1079 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I heard it was mostly Turks who did it....

Can someone send me the Punch by the Serbian GK... i wanna see it

·
Registered
1 Posts
#ThankYouSean - A Tribute to Sean Carmeli - Support Lone Soldiers

Maccabi Haifa Fans! You came to honour Sean Carmeli at his funeral in the thousands. Sean Carmeli lived as a Maccabi Haifa fan but died for his country. Come to honour him once again and support Lone Soldiers in Ra'anana on Friday 1st Of August 12pm. Tribute bracelets will be given out and donations collected to support Lone Soldiers in honour of Sean. #ThankyouSean

https://www.facebook.com/events/288926964620165/

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Maccabi Haifa Fans! You came to honour Sean Carmeli at his funeral in the thousands. Sean Carmeli lived as a Maccabi Haifa fan but died for his country. Come to honour him once again and support Lone Soldiers in Ra'anana on Friday 1st Of August 12pm. Tribute bracelets will be given out and donations collected to support Lone Soldiers in honour of Sean. #ThankyouSean

https://www.facebook.com/events/288926964620165/

May G-D bless his soul and from all the the brave fallen soldiers who have stood to defend the country and the people. My best wishes for the families and hopefully go through this tragic moment in peace.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My hat goes off to the supporters of this team. Despite having a very poor season this year they sell out their stadium every game and because of their fan base Israeli soccer attendence has gone up something like 30% this year which is an unbelievable feat for both them and the whole league.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
My hat goes off to the supporters of this team. Despite having a very poor season this year they sell out their stadium every game and because of their fan base Israeli soccer attendence has gone up something like 30% this year which is an unbelievable feat for both them and the whole league.
Totally agree. Maccabi Haifa fans are really giving a show at Sammy Ofer. Too bad the team is not following the same success.

But the fans will be really tested next season if eventually Haifa fails to reach Europe and does not fight for the title. This season they have the excuse and the curiosity to see such a high standard stadium.

The only negative incident was when Zahavi took two corners and they threw some objects. Wonder if IFA will do something about it. Probably if it were Beitar they would give a game radius and if were against Sakhnin even worse.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
27 Posts
50,000 NIS fine so far and most likely they will receive 2 radius games outside of sammi ofer. The decision will be made on sunday officially.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
50,000 NIS fine so far and most likely they will receive 2 radius games outside of sammi ofer. The decision will be made on sunday officially.
I did notice but did Zahavi do something to the Haifa fans?
At least during the game I did not see anything in this sense. Maybe a pre match interview?

·
Registered
27 Posts
As much as I dont like this team its a real bad look for Israeli soccer to have a big club like Haifa play so poorly this year. What's more if they get relegated (I highly doubt it) that would be a disaster for the league. I think they will get their act together somehow when Benayon comes back from injury. Also looks like they will sign Eliran Atar which will be a good upgrade from the strikers they have now.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
As much as I dont like this team its a real bad look for Israeli soccer to have a big club like Haifa play so poorly this year. What's more if they get relegated (I highly doubt it) that would be a disaster for the league. I think they will get their act together somehow when Benayon comes back from injury. Also looks like they will sign Eliran Atar which will be a good upgrade from the strikers they have now.
Agree with you. It would be a disaster for Israeli football but Maccabi Haifa won´t be relegated this season despite their bad form. They would need to get into a very big low.

Imagine a strong Maccabi Haifa playing at Samy Ofer in European competition. It would be great atmosphere.

Atar is a great addition to the squad but Haifa is in deep psychological shambles. They need a very big shift. They are looking like Maccabi Tel Aviv from last decade.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had a feeling they would get their first win today under Marko Balbul and they did well done 1-0 (albeit in the 94th minute) over Beer Sheva.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Laughing my ass now Im watching the highlights from the Haifa game and another fan of Haifa's ran into the field in the 85th minute. Lets see how the IFA ignores this again and doesnt punish the team.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Laughing my ass now Im watching the highlights from the Haifa game and another fan of Haifa's ran into the field in the 85th minute. Lets see how the IFA ignores this again and doesnt punish the team.
Indeed. The fans are desperate. Maccabi Haifa are also out of the State Cup after being eliminated by Kiryat Shmona.

The season is over. They will need to fight for their pride now and and at least reach the top playoff. They still have a slim chance if they finish 4th and Maccabi Tel Aviv, Hapoel Beer Sheva or Kiryat Shmona play in final.

In your opinion what is wrong with the team? Tactics? Squad is weak?

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Polish international Ludovic Obraniak is set to sign with Maccabi Haifa. For those who never saw him in action he was born in France and played almost his entire career in the country including teams such as Metz, Lille and Bordeaux. Obraniak moved to Werder Bremen but did not have much playing time and was loaned last semester to Rizespor in Turkey.

In international arena he opted to play for his forefathers country, Poland. He participated in all Euro 2012 games for his country.

·
Eli
328 Posts
Ludovic Obraniak had played for Bordeaux against Maccabi Tel -Aviv in the first leg when the yellows achieved historical win 2-1 in League Europe just couple years ago. He almost injured Omri Ben Harush as a revenge for his tough tackles. But Obraniak won French title as a Lille player and played in Champions League against teams like Milan , Manchester United , Anderlecht and AEK. His record is impressive and I hope he will add a good value to Israeli football.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Ludovic Obraniak had played for Bordeaux against Maccabi Tel -Aviv in the first leg when the yellows achieved historical win 2-1 in League Europe just couple years ago. He almost injured Omri Ben Harush as a revenge for his tough tackles. But Obraniak won French title as a Lille player and played in Champions League against teams like Milan , Manchester United , Anderlecht and AEK. His record is impressive and I hope he will add a good value to Israeli football.
That is interesting Eli, didn´t associate Obraniak to that game.

Definitely his experience and quality is above the Israeli league and if he really comes in good form he will be a very good signing for Maccabi Haifa.

Actually I am quite surprised he arrived especially since Haifa is not in the best of its moments.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A friend of mine is sorting me without with a ticket for the derby in November, how big is rivalry with Hapoel? Any tips or recommendations surrounding the game do's/dont's? They are clueless about football, but since I probably going to be in Israel for the game and it's their city they said they would treat me...

1061 - 1079 of 1079 Posts