Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1079 Posts

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
For those of you who are first visiting the forum, we decided to create here an exclusive thread about Maccabi Haifa merging all the posts regarding the club instead of having dipersed ones.

So this post for example made by haimrevivo1 is dated from 2007.
There club be previous ones in the forum but thought that it wouldn´t be necessary to merge so old ones.

In any case welcome to the thread and enjoy it!

berko

maybe we could sticky this thread

I will try to present you guys all latest news from the club

Lets begin:

One hour before the training today started, there was a surprising player meeting. The club management was not involve in this meeting. Yaniv Katan and Alon Harazi (both captains) organized this meeting.

One player: It was very important to have this meeting. Boccoli: It cant be worse than now. The situation at the club has been discussed.

Ya'acov Shachar: Its time that every player begins to think on the club and not on theirselves.

News for the Beitar game: Haim Magralashvili will start instead of Adoram Keisi and Ravid Gazal will be in the starting lineup. :thmbdown:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
give the gruzini a chance :D

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, Gazal will begin instead of Xavier Anderson. Anderson seemed tired the last games, so Levy wants to give Ravid the chance to prove himself.

Actually, it doesnt who begins, important is that our strikers score and our defenders defend well. I also prefer Masudi and Melixon to begin and Rafaelov, Katan, Boccoli and Colautti in front. Almadon will play instead of Davidovic and we also have to replace Dekel Keinan.

I think he will start with Olarra, Meshumar, Harazi and Magralashvili in defense. Gazal and Dirsao will problably play their defensive midfielder parts.

Lets see how Levy will handle the defense problem.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Yeah that is just the defense i pointed out in another thread, could be better for Haifa, new players on the starting line up to give a new motivation.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only 5 fans came today to support Maccabi Haifa at the training. One player: Our fans only know how to curse, its a shame and a disgrace. One fan: We dont want the championship, we dont want the cup, we only want to get back our proud and spirit.

Alon Harazi, who was injured before trained completely with the team.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Haimrevivo1 said:
Only 5 fans came today to support Maccabi Haifa at the training. One player: Our fans only know how to curse, its a shame and a disgrace. One fan: We dont want the championship, we dont want the cup, we only want to get back our proud and spirit.

Alon Harazi, who was injured before trained completely with the team.
What are the fans mad at the most: the lose to Hertzliya, Colautti wanting to leave or the fight with Dirceu and Magra?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
their mad at everything...
Maccabi fans are stuck ups!

Beitar is always selling seats..beat it that horrible 2002 season or now...
:D that is pride....

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They cant be mad at Colautti. I understand him. I dont want that he leaves.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beitar owner Arkadi Gaydamak says that Roni Levi is a great coach

Rafael Olarra wants personal training after regular training with the team. We all know he isnt in good shape like all other players in the team. The defender wants to stay another season.

Maccabi Haifa's youth beats Fiorentina 2-0 at the tournament in Reggio in Italy

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Any good youth names you wanna spill out?

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
No surprise in Haifa's youth team. They have one of the better youth academies in Europe, BASED ON THEIR RESOURCES. I don't want anyone to say that I think that Haifa have a better academy then clubs in Spain, England and England. Considering what Haifa spends compared to all of Europe, Haifa have a top notch academy.

because of Ben Sahar, clubs will start to look at Israeli youth more and more to see if there are any more Ben Sahar's. Haifa will be a prime location for European scouts.

Olarra likes Haifa. He says it reminds him of the city Vina Del Mar in Chile (what ever that means).

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
It means he scared that he's going to get thrown out. I heard some harsh words from the management about him and he's really been horrible lately. Many senseless goals have gone in due to his mistakes and he's supposed to be our best defender. I think he needs to change his form quickly or he needs to go.

ags is right to say that our youth is the greatest in the country and I hope we pull in some money from them by getting interest from Europe

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
ags said:
Olarra likes Haifa. He says it reminds him of the city Vina Del Mar in Chile (what ever that means).
it means vine of the sea, and they do resemble a little, costal/mountain cities with relax feeling

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
ירוק OLE! said:
It means he scared that he's going to get thrown out. I heard some harsh words from the management about him and he's really been horrible lately. Many senseless goals have gone in due to his mistakes and he's supposed to be our best defender. I think he needs to change his form quickly or he needs to go.
He has one more year left on his contract, right? I believe he signed a 3-year contract in 2005.

He also makes $200k a year. I doubt he can make that in Chile.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
ags said:
He has one more year left on his contract, right? I believe he signed a 3-year contract in 2005.

He also makes $200k a year. I doubt he can make that in Chile.
I really don't know what he makes or how long he has, but it shouldn't be even 200k

Today I went to go buy the paper and I read what Shlomo Sharaf has to say in the Sports section on Haifa. I'll summarize it:

Haifa need to build themselves from scratch and rid themselves from all the foreign players with the exceptions of Boccoli. One foreigner which must go is Olarra. Tamuz made a joke out of him the whole game and even put the ball between his legs. His constant mistakes are a burden to the team and a foreign player's responsibility is to actually be better then the local players, with the way he's playing its better to give one of the youth players a chance. Roni Levi is repeating the same mistakes weekend after weekend, Boccoli is useless on the sides (which is extremely true as we saw against Beitar) but Levi still puts him there, once again Levi puts only one striker rather then two, its very easy for him to "flex his muscles" to a young gun like Arbietman and to keep such a talent on the bench when he's needed. Haifa made a mistake by not trying to get a defender. Masudi is a player who is good for small club, when Colautti was in his prime Masudi complained that he wasn't getting enough action, now Colautti is out and he couldn't produce anything. He had lots of dribbling but all his runs had no intent for scoring. Katan is not and will never be a leader. A leader is supposed to make things happen but Katan didn't do that, and he didn't lead his team mates to fight for a victory. Its evident that Beitar will take the championship, and not because they are the best but because there is no one to compete with them, even the Tel-Avivians don't put up a good enough fight against them. The two best teams in this country are Beitar's field players and Beitar's bench

I couldn't agree more with Sharaf, he says alot of crap most of the time but he knows what he's talking about. We need to bring in young players, we need to get rid of almost all our foreigners, we need defense, we need more guys up front, arbietman deserves to play, and Katan needs to be a leader. Levi needs to leave because he's not making any changes...I honestly would nominate Sharaf, but since I doubt they would give him the job I think they need to snatch Shum as quickly as possible before he gets any offers from abroad and leaves.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Sharf is from the same ideology as Ivanir: no foreigners in the league. So i don't care what he has to say about getting rid of them. He might be right about Olarra, but Olarra was a main force in the defense last season. He is just not having a good season, but that could change.

Getting rid of Colautti is stupid, unless you can sell him for a lot. He has Israeli status, and it will be hard to find an Israeli that is as prodcutive as he is.

Starting from scratch is stupid. They are already rebuilding their defense. But younger is not always better. Do you want Al Madon in goal?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
i didn't say replace Davidovitch, but I think we can find better foreigners. Colautti is not a foreigner in my opinion. But i think we need to get rid of Masudi (who isn't happy at Haifa), Dirsau, Anderson, and Olarra. Haifa has a strong youth and they need to be given a chance. I'd rather see Melikson or Rafaelov on the field then Dirsau or Anderson. Sharaf knows what needs to be done. Don't get me wrong, the man is an idiot most of the times. But he knows his fair amount about Haifa and he knows what he's talking about, particularly about Boccoli who really should be playing in the center and not on the sides, and that we need to play with 2 attackers. Maybe Olarra will shape up, but I think he needs a reality check and that he needs to prove himself all over again if he ever wants to start, and the best way to do that is by putting a young hungry defender in there who may even end up proving himself to be better then Olarra and maybe even impress enough to be called up for the U-21.

1 - 20 of 1079 Posts