Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so 2 years ago, there was spectacular event with having 2 arab teams get promoted to the premier ship which was pretty good.

Today, Ahi Nazareth is not only in liga leumit, but if the season was finished, they would be relagated with my beloved Zafrirnim to Liga Artzit..

did those 2 point deduction really mess them up? :googly:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,429 Posts
It's not too uncommon to see teams jump too fast too soon. Teams that aren't financially prepared for Ligat Ha'al usually end broke and crashed. A very good example is Maccabi Kiryat Gat. 3 seasons ago this team was managed by Gili Landau and although they were relegated they gave a good fight until the end, they had guys like Prohorenkovs, Dovrubin, Miki Atia etc. But relegation combined with financial mess left them with no money and a direct relegation from Leumit to Liga Alef this season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Raanan said:
It's not too uncommon to see teams jump too fast too soon. Teams that aren't financially prepared for Ligat Ha'al usually end broke and crashed. A very good example is Maccabi Kiryat Gat. 3 seasons ago this team was managed by Gili Landau and although they were relegated they gave a good fight until the end, they had guys like Prohorenkovs, Dovrubin, Miki Atia etc. But relegation combined with financial mess left them with no money and a direct relegation from Leumit to Liga Alef this season.

So do we see a new era of Teams in the Israeli Leauge that manage to go up to liga haal, but when they don't do good and relegate, than they see themselves in financial woes...

whats the point of even making it into the premier?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,771 Posts
Kappa21 said:
So do we see a new era of Teams in the Israeli Leauge that manage to go up to liga haal, but when they don't do good and relegate, than they see themselves in financial woes...

whats the point of even making it into the premier?
To get more money. A team never wants to lose. If they promote to Ligat ha Al they receive more money from TV, from sponsorship, they are more exposed in the media and with that they could acquire better players and the fans will be more intrested. The problem is that the a lot of teams don´t have a competent board to go along with the team success in the pitch , not administrating well, so consequently they get relegated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
berko said:
To get more money. A team never wants to lose. If they promote to Ligat ha Al they receive more money from TV, from sponsorship, they are more exposed in the media and with that they could acquire better players and the fans will be more intrested. The problem is that the a lot of teams don´t have a competent board to go along with the team success in the pitch , not administrating well, so consequently they get relegated.

But it hurts the team. A team like Achi Nazareth or lets say Hapoel Ashkelon are ment for Liga Leumit and Artzit. They might have the accompability to be able to go up a little bit, but they would fail and it would harm themselves.

Much like how a company harms itself when it wants 100% market share. No innovation, no choice and so much customer demand. it will fail!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
What do you expect them to do? Play badly on purpose so they don't get promoted? And you can never tell how well a team will do in a new league. (When Ahi Nazareth and Sakhnin were promoted everyone thought the latter would be relegated straight back down and that the former had a better chance...)
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top