Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a fact. He was the man of the match in the biggest club game in Europe and I think that at last he may get the role in the England team that he deserves. He plays best when he is given a free role and the way that Keegan has been talking I think that he stands a very good chance of making the first team.
He has to start for many reasons:

> He has experience in a different league and played with and against world class players.
> He will be brimming with confidence after his man of the match display versus Valencia.
> He offers something different and is the only player who will be able to get past players in midfield.
> He was superb in Euro 96 (easily forgotten by many) and will realish playing against Europes finest.
> He is a model professional who sets a good example (not in training though). He handles himself well.
> He has overcome a big hurdle and has won over the trust of the Real M fans and players.
> He can win a match single handidly.

I hope that he plays in a free role but with Wilcox dropping out I think that he is likely to play on the left (if at all).

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I see your computer is fixed pool? :)

Can't disagree with you, he's been superb recently, and is possibly the most inform player in Europe.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I agree with all pool's reasons. He's probably the most under rated english player, and it's about time for him to actually show what he made of. I remembered Pele said,'Macca is going to be instrumental in WC98' (too bad it doesn't happen). And I agree with the legend.
ciao!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My comps not fixed and I am currently on my girlfriends or next door neighbours. It's costing them and I think that they are gettin a bit annoyed at it all.

Also about the point that Pele said he would be really instremental, I found it amazing that:
a) he did not start.
b) he made limited appearance as a sub in a match that had been won already.
c) he wasn't put on during the Argentina game.
d) there was no national out cry apart from the pool fans and Noel Gallagher.

Glen Hoddle never liked him and if you read his book you see that Macca's name is mentioned twice I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts