Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read on the Yahoo France Football section that MacManaman is being looked very closely by the Romans teams
Lazio and Roma.

Roma is believed to be the more interested but Real said that the transfer fee for Macca is 360 M Francs (around 60 M US$).

Here's the URL for the article : http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/000712/6/hy0p.html

Does anyone has more on that?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss!!! Finall our worries are over! HALA! I have nothing against Macca, but he is one of those players i can see Real Madrid without next season. 60 mln $ is a reasonable price, and I would really be delighted if the board would sell him for this much. This way the Figo transfer looks more realistic than ever. We bring in one free role for another, one better than the other. Sorry to all you Macca fans, mainly the absent pool, but this is our big chance to start minimizing te debt. Take it Sanz, or Pirri, whoever! HALA :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Macca must stay, he's finally maturing as a player with great skills. Sure he was injured most of the season but he was a big inpact in the CL.

D

·
0 Posts
real plaer is right. It wasn't Lazio nor Roma but Real Madrid who valued Macca at $60M. That only means he's staying.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I see it as very difficult for Macca to leave. Above everything, he has a huge contract with Real Madrid (as in annual income). Whichever club wishes to buy him will have to pay the transfer amount + top his fees (because otherwise I don't think he will agree, so the deal will be off).

Too expensive as I see it.

P

·
0 Posts
I'm with Real Player and Hala on this one. In fact, Real jacked up their price in response to Italian interest in him.

D

·
0 Posts
labas, would you really be happy if Macca is sold? He's was good this season, and it was just season of settling in Spain.The best is yet to come.And sell Macca to get Figo? This isn't the way the debt is getting smaller.Anyway, I would prefer Macca over that Catalan ***** Figo anyday.
HALA MADRID!!!

P

·
0 Posts
Figo is not Catalan, he's Portuguese. I don't understand this hate towards Catalanes (especially from people who don't have a drop of Spanish blood in them or have never been there) :) You can not like team without hating the people. We have a lot of little Francist running around! :D :D :D

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Oh, come on guys! I know I was happy prematurely, because the price is absurd, but why can't we even hate Catalans? I think that's normal, being a Madritista:D Of course the transfer is very unlikely, but I was just wondering if you guys delt the way i do about him leaving. I love all the players in our team, but this is probably one of the few, if not only that I don't mind leaving all that much. I guess we'll see...:D HALA!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I've always loved Macca, ever since his Liverpool days, I don't want him to leave. I wouldn't mind at all see Geremi go (it's true, I'm not just teasing you labas :) ).

I for one cannot get how can foreigners feel and have an understanding of the Castilla-Cataluna matter. It's just another cliche in my eyes. Personally, I never hated Barca, I was even supporting them ON INTERNATIONAL LEVEL OF COURSE. And why not, my love for Real Madrid made me love the spanish football as a whole. I just hated the recent van Gaal - Oranje Barca and I obviously was not supporting it at all.

The "hatred" between rival teams is a common thing in all countries. We have our own Olympiakos-Panathinaikos story. I'd find it funny though to hear a foreigner supporter of Olympiakos cursing the Panathinaikos fans. Plus, there are sensible Greek fans that support both teams ON INTERNATIONAL LEVEL I repeat, by seeing them as representatives of the Greek football. I can only assume that the same happens in Spain.

P

·
0 Posts
I would really be uspet if Macca left. I don't think this is probable though.

Re: Barca, while I didn't like Van Gaal and what he did to the team, I can support them as a team representing Spain (as long as Real isn't in them). Believe me, I wanted them to beat Chelsea! I support a Spanish team against a team from another country every time.

Some people may tell you that the Barca-Madrid thing is bull*hit, which it is to some degree, but it goes between a football thing. Some people will tell you it's bull*hit because they want to put the past behind them.

While many people who were born post 1975 even in Spain may think it just a football rivalry or a regional rivalry, I personally think it goes beyond that to a very dark point in Spanish history. Remember for starters that Franco outlawed Catalan (and Real Madrid was Franco's team as well).

As I said, I wouldn't care too much for Figo. I don't like Barca, but I certainly have no ill will towards them and I even have a few Catalan friends. Of course, we always talk about futbol and we never agree, but it's all light hearted :)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Actually it goes much further back then that Pablo. Catalans are simply a whole different people, like the Basks. Catalonia is the common name for what really goes by thename Gotolonia. These are the ancestors of the barbarians - Goths, that ivaded Spain after the fall of the Roman Empire. They dominated the whole peninsula briefly, before it all started falling apart, first signs of that were 550 and Iustinian the Greats conquest of southern Spain. After that came Tariq Ibn Zijad in 711 and the Arabs took over most of the Iberian Peninsula, the Goths were limited to the land they now occupy. In the meantime the people that had been there ven before the Goths came --> Aragonia, Castillia, Andalucia and so on, started consolidating themsleves and together, for a short time!, with the Basks started fighting against muslim occupation. it finally ended in 1492, when granda the last bastion of the Maurs fell, and the whole Iberian p. was free. But then came the wars between the different parts of the penninsula itself - Aragonia and the rest came together in 1460 or something lie that and their main enemies were now Gotolonia and the land of the Basks. The struggle went on, but was never resolved and that's why we have the situation we have today. It wasn't just some weird thing of Francos that he hated Catalonia, it had it's historical roots, you see. Now that's a short lesson of history, hope you understood something from my blathering:D

P

·
0 Posts
I'm aware of my Spanish history :D :D

However, I think that it's ridiculous to be pissed off about something from 500AD. I'm sure if you ask most Castellanos why they don't like Catalanes and vice-versa 90% won't be that well versed to give such a nice explanation (which it really was!) :)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Plus, the biggest part of this is just the good old team rivalry, nothing more. You want proof? Why the madridistas are not at war with the Espanyol fans?

P

·
0 Posts
Simple: Espanyol is the "dirty" Spanish team. The Spaniards play for Espanol and the Catalanes play for Barca. Barca fans generally do not at all like Espanol. In fact, the official name is Espanol, but Catalan doesn't read the tilde and thus spells the name a la catalan -- espanyol.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Apart from all this, the reason is that the Espanyol (or Espanol for that matter) - Barca rivalry is exactly the same as the Real - Atletico one, which means the same as Roma - Lazio, Inter - Milan, Juventus - Torino, ManU - Manchester City, Liverpool - Everton etc. Notice something in common? And it's common knowledge that my enemy's enemy is my friend, so........

1 - 20 of 30 Posts