Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
56,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lyon is leading the championnat today.
maybe it deserves his own thread.;)

1 month ago they were at 10 points behind monaco, now they lead the ligue with monaco, but still above at the goal average.

elber scored a bizarre goal against nantes, he sliced when he kicked the ball.

they will make the same trick than last year, they will finish very strong, none french team does have the same bench, i think it's the reason why they make the difference.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Lyon is my favorite french club! I think the team is ready to be counted among the big clubs in europe, at least among the 10 best. Do they have any weakness at all? The defense, the goalie, Juninho as the playmaker:), many great strikers and midfielders (enought to let gret players warm the bench). If just Lyon manages to keep them, I think Lyon could stay grow to new hights the coming years, maybe it will manage to win the CL one day, but not this year, this year they will loose against the magic Milano in the semifinal. Maybe a real superstar is what Lyon needs, Lyon has 4-5 excellent players, but no real superstar. Maybe Diouf would be a good buy, he is having a bad time in Liverpool, but is still young and could become a true superstar, he would also do alot better in the french league.

Any suggestions of how to make Lyon reach the next level?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Isn´t Elber considered a superstar??:confused: he used to be anyway... Juninho would been if he had played in Juve or Inter....or any "big" club.

·
Registered
56,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
juninho and elber will be starters in the next friendly match of brazil squad, i'm quite happy for them:)

·
Registered
859 Posts
numerodix said:
Is that because of all the Brazilians? :)
Maybe from the beginning, but I began cheering for them a long time ago, I don't think I would stop supporting Lyon when the Brazilians are gone, much like MIilan and Barcelona. My love for those clubs grow the more I follow them, talk with the fans and learn their history, I am certain Barcelona and Milan will always be my favorite clubs in the ITalian and Spannish league in my whole life no matter who plays there, now I can add Lyon to that list.

Of course, nr1 in the world for me will always be São Paulo.
:)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i think they need a real superstar striker
elber isn't one amymore and luyindula as good as he is, isn't one either.
sonny anderson was clearly a superstar.

maybe they need a great central defender as well as a good left back (but some say berthod will be great so ...)

and juninho is one of the very best midfilefer playing in europe today, everyone would see that if he were in a bigger club.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
hehe he sure is
i regret he wanted to leave one year before the end of his contract
i hoped we could have had morientes.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Lyon will get wake up call tommorrow

Porto 4 Lyon 0 and BACK to EARTH , LYON FANS..sorry:( ;)

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
The match comes at a good time for Lyon, they are in great shape at the moment. I smell a draw. This match is a very interesting one, I rate both sides approximately equal in strength. Ordinarily I would say advantage Porto but Lyon have proven they can play with the big boys this year, I think they have that extra it would take to elimiate Porto. Perhaps. We'll see. :)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Fobal klub said:
Dreeeeeeeaaamer !!!:D

are u laughing at me..ARE U LAUGHING AT ME!:eek:

Whats up with the ducky avatars:dazed: Is this a new french trend:eek: OH MY GOD! I HAVE DUCK VISION!:googly:

And oh , Porto 4 Lyon 0 :eek: No doubt about it!

·
Registered
56,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, i don't like make prediction, because i don't like sell the skin bear before have killed it.
porto won all of the match of its league i heard, so, means they are really good. i will follow the match like i follow scary movies, i will hide my eyes many time i think:)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
oh please come back this evening after the match so that we can laugh a bit :howler:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts