Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see what everyone thought of the possibility of Lyon winning the CL this year? They have a great team on paper, look to be in good form, and have played well domestically and in Europe this year.

What do you think?

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
They have a good team and it wouldn't surprise me if they won. I haven't seen any team dominate in the CL this season, or atleast not yet.

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
I'd love to see another underdog win it...

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
You must say that they sure are a Dark House for the CL. Lyon is a solid club who have had success in Ligue 1 for the past four years, and they have a tough defense and many weapons in attack. If Lyon can avoid the likes of Milan and Chelsea, they have a very good chance of going far in the CL, possibly even winning the competiton. But I think it all depends on the draw.

·
Registered
402 Posts
They're a very good team, but they're not one of the big guns yet, how far they go depends on who they draw in the next rounds, but I would like them to go as far as possible unless they play Madrid of course.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
didnt Lyon lose out last year in the quarters because of Porto's diving and dirty play?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
And Lyon have scored the most goals in the current CL. They sure know how to score. They have to defend well to go till the last stage.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
they won't in it but they are great to watch, unbelievable how they won 3-0 though, Bremen played well also in attack.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
After what happened in last season's UCL and in Euro 2004, we shouldn't dismiss the possibility of an "underdog" winning the UCL. Lyon are a very good team and play very good Football, so it's definitely possible.

·
Registered
56,257 Posts
Alexey said:
That was La Coruna, Lyon were outplayed simply.
wrong.
it was against porto and they had to face a cheating team.

·
Registered
402 Posts
mali said:
wrong.
it was against porto and they had to face a cheating team.
What I meant is that Porto relied on cheating in the semifinal against La Coruna.
Maybe they also did that against Lyon (didn't watch it live so I don't recall) but they also played good football against Lyon.

·
Registered
67,039 Posts
I don't think Lyon will win it this year, i think they'll be stopped in the quarters, but they might make it to the semis.

·
Registered
56,257 Posts
Alexey said:
What I meant is that Porto relied on cheating in the semifinal against La Coruna.
Maybe they also did that against Lyon (didn't watch it live so I don't recall) but they also played good football against Lyon.
ok, i missunderstood your post.:)

they played the same against lyon by the way.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Juninho Pernambucano is a magician, better than most playmakers that get all the recognition. Diarra too is classy, as is Govou and Nilmar. A CL win by Lyon wouldn't really shock me that much, they have some amazing players.

·
Registered
56,257 Posts
it's what i try to make understand to people. but nobody believe me!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts