Xtratime Community banner

Who will be the Blue (eww) team to move foward

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All Right,
Boca won the first match, losing a hundred chances to scoring and Cruzeiro, far from their best attacking game with Wagner and Ramirez, scored a luck goal with that ridiculous Fabricio.

Next game Mineirao.
Cruzeiro like to brag how much Copeiros they are but Boca is no less Copeiro.
But Cruzeiro is too happy with that goal... Boca took care of Sao Paulo, Santos, Palmeiras,etc playing here in Brazil. It is not the first meeting in Belo Horizonte (in 1979 it was Boca who stopped Atletico as well).

It is heard that both Fangio and Luz are doing the possible to attend this game here. We are going to bring pics and place among 1001 pictures of Rosicky in the Pics thread elsewhere.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,032 Posts
I think they got a great result, is not even the same timing as last Libertadores Boca won; the team played like there were no rivals in front...

we don't have such presence nowadays...so, I guess that after obtaining such a result, no matter the way they got it, Cruzeiro can say to themselves: "ok, wrong strategy, we barely escaped alive, let's go back to the previous very good Libertadores form we were having"..

.on the other hand Boca needed badly a BIG match with lots of goals to believe in full form again, we are playing from good to awuful with no middle term and is not the way to walk firmly in Libertadores...still Roman is like playing in his playground, but not enough when the other difference maker that is Palacio misses the easiest goals on earth even more than usually...to add to this scenario the defense are almost all subs with many kids...

In other ocassions I would feel confident, like last Libertadores we won, this time i think is a 60% against 40% for them...won't be normal that Boca continues with this sort of supremacy in this Cup, at one point it will end.

In the local championship we are loosing terrain in the last years...

anyway I will still demand this last effort..I want one more and they can later grab their bellies and drink beer for a decade if they want...

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Secadores

Glad you remembered me, JC. lol. I came here because I wanted to thank Fangio for Riquelme, he's a genius now. At least until Wednesday.
Well, secador, did you buy a Boca shirt for wednesday?

toough luck for Cruzeiro to have that rival, the worst that they could have, of course Boca is the ultimate favorite for the title, Cruzeiro needs a miracle to eliminate them, Let us hope the despite of the secadores there will be a "virada heroica" agsins the team of the genious and the woodcopper palacios
I suppose it is just my wishful thinking, que seja o que Deus quiser

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I already had one and watched the game in a bar, where I saw a hundred more. hehe

And what luck your team has, Luz. It was like that in Copa do Brasil (96 and 2000) and in the Libertadores 97. If it was Atletico, Fabricio's kick would go in the direction of the goal and someone would deflect it to the side.

·
18,032 Posts
I think it was bad defending from an unexperienced Boca backline...and hardly surprising seeing Palacio blowing chance after chance, or Palermo and his bricklayer self...of course I love the two of them, because I know what they can and what they can't...damn I'm already imagine that 1 metre tall grass of Cruzeiro land and Palermo even slower, with Palacio running like a normal being...

The odds are on your side Luz, not that I really want them to be...but, what the hell...sometime must come the end nope?...I will be a Boca fan the next morning, maybe even more...we smell too much like Euro parfum lately, some bosta team and ugly smell will take back us to our roots...I can wait anyway to next Libertadores to suck of course, I won't lie...

·
Premium Member
30,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Typical Fangio anti-Jinxing, I bet even against Once Caldas you said Boca would loss the game :tongue:

·
18,032 Posts
You are so predictable je, nah, I teased the whole last Libertadores, feeling overconfident, just giving due respect to what I expect a much harder final against Gremio (a tough team that confused too much being tough, with just being reckless in a bad version of "garra charrua")...last Copa we started already with the Cup in our hands...is not the same this time...of course I know as long as we have old warriors, we have our big chances...sthg like looking Carlitos palying the semi finals for Manu, perhaps teh only player that knew that it was a 180 minutes match and how to played it...that is sthg Battaglia, Roman, Palermo and to less extent Palacio know...sad Ibarra is injured and our backs are lacking precisly that...

·
Premium Member
30,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everyone is predictable. Usually because someone is trying to predict them. but anyways.
I am amazed by this lack of confidance. Boca have build themselves a Cartel inside Brazil that is far superior of La Bombonera Results. Boca have attacking power which is where the weekness of cruzeiro lies.A more experient team as well. Riquelme. There was a bad goal, but I do not see cruzeiro winning without allowing goals. That is the big point.

·
Premium Member
30,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As predicted since last year by Atletico,
Palacios 1 x 0 and now Palerma, 2 x 0, Bosteros ahead.

·
Premium Member
30,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And Wagner reduces, 2 x 1, let's see if the bosteros do not shake on their boots

·
18,032 Posts
a bit off topic..who else hates the double value of goals away? ridiculous measure to try to produce more offensive games...

Very good game by Boca...and the day Palacios converts half he produce, he will pass from great player to extraordinary one..I don't think there are mnany chances of this to happen, but yet he MUST improve in that aspect...

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I don't like the away goals rule too, and, sometimes (although sometimes a team has to be more offensive due to the away goals rule), a game becomes even more defensive than it should be. For example, when a team that got a 1x1 draw away starts defending in the second half to guarantee the 0x0 result.

·
18,032 Posts
...and is even unfair, like the first match of Boca against Cruzeiro, you can create a dozen ocassions, being winning in the minute 89.59 seconds...the ball slips from your keeper making an autogoal and you complicated your chances big time...a quien mierda se le ocurrio? is a rule that even provides more chances to speculate with results..al pan pan y al vino vino, gano uno a cero , me ganan 2 a 0, punto pasa el otro..estos inventos de mierda...

·
Premium Member
30,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
*reads Brazilian Cup table*

Cruzeiro isn't here... don't you mean Libertadores? :pp
Everything started last year... When Atletico Defeated Palmeiras in the last round they celebrated because we "classificated" them to Libertadores. But no, we trully eliminated them from Copa do Brasil in 2008. That is Magic. :pp

I do not like much the away goals rule eithe (and the insane European thing to count it during extra time) but I prefer them to pks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.