Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luxemburgo said last night on TV, that Romario is in his plans, and is on the 35 man list that he has.
He said that Romario can be called up for the friendly against Wales and England, and that it only depends of ROmario both technically and physically.

In other words: he will call Romario, Romario will score a hat trick past Wales and England (sorry natalya and pool :) ) then he Luxemburgo will say that it only depended on ROmario for being called up. Romario telles the journalists what he really is : The best of the world...and Luxemburgo will not have the balls to take him off the team! :)

Let's hope this happens, for the sake of Brazil and Luxemburgo :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

T

·
0 Posts
I hope you are right..ze...

I know you are a big rivaldo fan...but, he is not Ronaldo or Romario...To me, those two are the real stars...Of course I know a lot of you will argue with me on this one...but, Brazil need romario now...

Nothing against Rivaldo...He is the best player right now...But...He cant lead brazil to anything without Romario or Ronaldo..

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm also a big fan of Romario. It's good to see you can play at the best level as striker even if you're 34. He looked so sharp against Man Utd in the World Club Cup and scored 2 great goals. I think Romario still is one of the World's top 5 strikers.

------------------
Webmaster
http://worldcup.socceralliance.com

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jan,
He just lost a bit of his speed, but his inteligence is even greater :) Jordi Cruyff said in the Club World Cup that people in Europe talk about Ronaldo and Rivaldo, and often forget Romario..but Romario is a clerly a level above both of them, or any other football player in the world. His thining is faster than any other player I ahve seen, you cannot give him half an inch that he wil use that space to dribble or give him space to give his deadly finishes. TO me Romario is the best footballer on the planet, and the best striker ever......of course that is arguable that he is no when you talk about Gerd Muller, but for me i'd stay with Romario :)

Tony, Romario is my favourite player...I think you confused yourself in the names :(
By the way, Rivaldo can lead Brazil to victory with or without Ronaldinho or Romario. We got several great forwards ,but that is not the point.The point is that the Brazilian national team was made for the best players......so put the best players their, and not come with all this polical crap that Luxemburgo comes up with, that a player has to ass lick him to be on the field!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

T

·
0 Posts
I hate to disagree with you Ze...

Rivaldo alone will not lead brazil anywhere...If he is the focus, he can be shut down...

They need romario now...

As for the other stuff, you are right..I am sure that if the BEST players for brazil plays, they are still the best...

But I dont see how you can say Rivaldo CAN lead brazil..How has he proven that?? Yea, he played well in Copa...But, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho (little one) were there too...

Also, Rivaldo is excellent then the midfield opens up...He is spectacular to watch...But he is very easily shut down against a good midfield...He had a tremendous year at Barca..But, How has he proven that he can lead Brazil...His games at Barca have become more and more mediocre...I havent seen any of brazil games in a while...so, cant comment on his play there...

Also, People easily blame ronaldo for WC98...Whatever the reason, he played horrible...BUT..Rivaldo way out of form too..I just watched it again...Rivaldo gave the ball in midfield like 15-20 times...Ridiculous..

Anyway, I like his game when he is in form..He is spectacular...He and Romario will have to Carry Brazil for a while now..I dont see Ronaldo's comeback anytime soon..At least a meaningful one...

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tony,
Rivaldo can lead BRazil to sucess..with or without ronaldo , romario etc...
But football is a team game so he needs to have someone to rob the ball for him, and he needs someone to have a reference to make a pass....and he needs support. Even Maradona needed support (i'm not trying to say Rivaldo is/was better than Maradona cause he is not!)
Now you can put a team in attack say: Reinaldo of Flamengo and Paulo Nunes (Gremio), with Rivaldo in midfield, giving him a free role, and BRazil will still be sucessful.
Now if Rivaldo will lead Brazil alone with Ronaldo and ROmario is difficult to say, cause most of the time he will have these 2 players playing with him. Provided that Luxemburgo picks them to play. Also, against Eqaudor , Rivaldo did not have ROnaldo or Romario playing alongside him, and Rivaldo that won the game for Brazil.If it was Rivaldo was not playuing I doubt Brazil would have won the game. One of the golas he maded up after a pass from Edilson and the other he just got the rebound.

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

T

·
0 Posts
Rivaldo is good enough...I agreee...But he has not shown me he can battle alone with the great one...

As for Equador...I was disappointed...Yea, he scored 2 goals and we won..But its EQUADOR...That doesnt mean he is a good leader...Also, any new news on Emerson..How is his leg?...As you may know, he is my favorite player right now...I just idolize hi sooo much...Even when I play...Of course there no use even trying to play like ronaldo...its just not possible...I just love that role..and He is the best at it...Even Edgar Davids got his ass kicked by him..and he was the best

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tony,
Rivaldo is not a leader, nor is Ronaldo.I never said they were...but Rivaldo can decide games alone, like he does week in and week out for barcelona, like he did for La Coruna (small club), like he did for Palmeiras and like he did for Corinthians.
If Ronaldo was a leader and someone with the minimum personality, he would have not played the WC final..but as he is someone that joins the beandwagon around him...he played that final, instead of letting EDMUNDO play and give some heart for us (the only one that did!) . Having said that Luxemburgo does not call him!
You say Rivaldo has not been convincing for Brazil.....well i've never seen Ronaldo play a brilliant match for Brazil :( It's sad to say that but that is the truth!
In the Olypmics he scored some goals, in copa america 97 he was crap, in Confederation Cup 97 he was BENCHED for lack of effort and techinicall ability, and in the WC everybody knows the flop he was. Copa America 99 I give him a break cause he was returning from injury, but din't play well!
And for the last time. RIVALDO CAN DECIDE GAMES!!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

T

·
0 Posts
Ok..here it is...If you could pick just one...

Rivaldo at his best
Ronaldo at his best

Who would you pick?

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rivaldo,
He plays in midfield...and score goals. Also with Rivaldo you would have someone to put the golas in.....even if he is ten times worse than Ronaldo he would stillput the goals in. NOw to have a midfielder witht the quality of Rivaldo would be hard to find....and then you would not be able to feed him so well!
Also Rivaldo is a complete player..he makes the play, he dribbles, he headers, he score goals etc.....Ronaldo at his best scores goals and dribbles!.
Please note that i'm not underestimating Ronaldo.....and I do think like many Brazilians do...that the legend Ronaldo is bigger than the real player Ronaldo. But I do think he is a great player, specially in these days of lack of talent!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ze da fiel, for the first time in my life i have to DISAGREE with you! if the choice is between rivaldo at this best and ronaldo at his best, the answer is easy: RONALDO!!!! Ronaldo, ronaldo and more ronaldo!

sure, rivaldo is the best in the world right now. but too many times he just disappears. look how many times in the last two months barca has lost 3-0 or 4-1. like six times!! but when ronaldo was in top form, nobody could stop him in any game. he was able to decide the result of a game by himself.

i think rivaldo also can dominate a game, but ronaldo didn't only dominate a game, he decided what the final result would be. look at when ronaldo was with barca. every week, he would pick up the ball in midfield and dribble around six guys and score. these guys would be kicking his legs, grabbing his shorts, jumping on his back, and he would drag them to the goal and score.

ronaldo has many advantages over rivaldo: he is more muscular, he is stronger, he has better control with the ball close to his feet, he is much faster. ronaldo is king.

about the world cup final: if you look at it closely, you will see that EVERY brazil player had a bad game -- and rivaldo was the worst. people blame ronaldo the most because he was the biggest star of the team, but rivlado lost the ball every time he touched it. look at the tape again: he lost the ball EVERY time he touched it. it was a joke.

sorry, ze da fiel. we're still friends, right? :) (when are you moving?)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Ze da - to be honest with you I don't care if Wales lose I just want to see graet players put on a great display. Carlso is unlikely to play as he may well be in the CL cup final (hopefully).
If Romario score a hat trick I can tell my kids that I watched the great man do it and this will be enough for me :)

D

·
0 Posts
With Romario Brazil would have won the WC, think about how he would have made his presence felt in the Final, knowing Ronaldo was not human at the time, Romario would have showed all his trick right when the whoel world was watching. But too bad aout that, but soon he'll torture the English defence and score a hat-trick against them, the last person to score a hat-trcik against England was Marco Van Basten, during Euro 88, Holland own 3-1.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Ze, when are Brazil playing England???? I hope Romario scores a hat-trick too! I think he is a cool player! :)

As for England, please stuff them, and show that the defence is rubbish without Ugo Ehiough and the midfield without Taylor! :)

Pool/Amo any mentions of own goals and I'll shot you!

------------------
WESV

WESF

- Lealdade, Humildade e Procedimento

T

·
0 Posts
What made you guys think Romario is playing...Is he already selected??

Also...Ze I disagree with you on the Ronaldo issue...Just the fact that he is on the field makes a difference...The takes soo much away from the oppositions defense..Double and triple coverage.Rivaldo is almost always left alone....Since he is in the mid field he will always have space because they concentrate on strikers....

also..you said that Ronaldo never had a huge with Brazil....I dont know too much...I will take your word for it...I have watched some pretty good performances..But I havent seen any great perfomances from Rivaldo either...From what I have seen, he has choked even worse in big games....

Rivaldo can be an unstopabble force if he stops being greedy and too cute...Stop holding the damn ball every time...He he starts giving first-time passes like Zidane (I know he has the skill) he will be much more effective...He holds the ball way too much...

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok calm down guys :)

Tony you asked me to choose , and I choose! :)
All your arguments and falcao's are totally acceptable...and we can write a book on it...but my choice will still be the centopede RIVALDO :)

Romario has not been selected, but if Luxa does not call him, and we lose to Wales, England , Peru, and Uruguay...he wil need to look for a new job....cause their is a growing pressure on Luxemburgo everytime he opens his stupid mouth.,.....that only ejectes rubbish. I say this but he , to me , is stil the best manager of the world.....despite all his "professional" crap! :(
Natalya and Pool, I do hope we stuff engalnd and Wales also...but I do support you guys in Europe...but agisnt brasil I alaways go with my heart and soul! :)
We'll give england a lesson so they can learn something, and win the EURo 2000 :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Please Ze, let Brazil teach England a lesson at playing some good football...because the recent internationals have been dire!

------------------
WESV

WESF

- Lealdade, Humildade e Procedimento

1 - 18 of 18 Posts