Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a question for botafoguenses: Flamengo has no choice since they play all their game in Maracanã, so they had to look for an alternative during the renovation period. But why didn't Botafogo simply stay in Caio Martins and play the Brasilierao there?

flamenguistas and botafoguenses: do you think playing in Ilha do Governador will harm the teams this year?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
good question

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
eugene said:
a question for botafoguenses: Flamengo has no choice since they play all their game in Maracanã, so they had to look for an alternative during the renovation period. But why didn't Botafogo simply stay in Caio Martins and play the Brasilierao there?
Caio Martins was transformed into Botafogo's youth squads development center, exclusive for the kids, so they can get better preparation. Botafogo is in negotiations with private investors to build a private stadium (fingers crossed!), and that probably was a factor in the decision to change the Caio Martins' purpose. I don't really know if this change was decided before or after the Maracana's renovation was announced (but I believe it was decided before).

eugene said:
flamenguistas and botafoguenses: do you think playing in Ilha do Governador will harm the teams this year?
I hope not, but it does worry me. However, as far as I know it's a done deal – so let's try to make the best of it. :undecide: That's what you get when you don't have a good private stadium in a city where the only decent public stadium is horribly mismanaged. If Suderj (Maracana's administrators) had their priorities in place, the Maraca should have been reformed during the State Championship, NOT during the Brasileiro (I guess it's not clear enough for them which tournament is more important). :wallbang: :doh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts