Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
69,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marca says that Barcelona could buy him for the next season. Do you like him? Do you think that he is a good option for the left-wing?

Personally, I like him. He´s very fast, good technically, and he owns a tremendous shot. Moreover the guy loves FCB cause he´s Catalan and he played in the Barça young teams. I would buy him, especially after the missed chances of the game yesterday (he still loves us :tongue: ). And he is versatile, he can play on the left, as striker or support striker as well.

He would be good for Barça indeed, in my opinion. What do you think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
not a bad hire but depends on the price
he is a good player
but id play him as a support striker
like this

Luque---Ronaldinho
--Saviola----
we should get rid of overmars
loan quaresma
and have luis garcia as a super sub
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,880 Posts
I think if were truly looking to challenge we should aim higher than him. Although being Catalan and wanting to play for barca is a huge plus as hell put in 100% each match.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
793 Posts
Luque is a solid player and maybe one to think about, but I think we have to try and bring in a world class striker like Henry. I don't care what Arsenal fans and officials say, every player has his price.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Luque is a good option, proud barcelonista and català... but I don't think Lendoiro sells him cheap at all. He took 20 millions for Makaay, let's see how much does he want for Luque.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
you'd be better off buying Owen, he's all yours for Saviola and £10million;)
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
you'd be better off buying Owen, he's all yours for Saviola and £10million;)
...perhaps I don't understand well English... are you giving us 10 million + Owen for Saviola? :rolleyes: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,665 Posts
I'd go for Luque. I can understand how we could miss out both on him and Tristán when they left Mallorca. Luque could play on the right wing and replace Luis García. Quaresma should be send on loan and Overmars to another continent.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Robban said:
I'd go for Luque. I can understand how we could miss out both on him and Tristán when they left Mallorca. Luque could play on the right wing and replace Luis García. Quaresma should be send on loan and Overmars to another continent.
I agree 100% :D
 

·
Random Dropout
Joined
·
1,508 Posts
I don't know.Do we really need him?He's best as a left wing or a support striker right?I'd go for Rothen or VDV if it was for the first one and i don't think he will be so useful as a support striker.I believe we'll be playing with the same system next year so most likely Saviola will be benched

IMO we should be very wise and we must act very smart in the summer transfer market.We have certain emergent needs to reach the CL winning quality we all want and not enormous cash to spend.

We need to sign Davids,a striker,a left back atleast-i believe we need a right back like Trabelsi as well and a right midfielder(i hope we could find that on Quaresma,but we probably won't se that soon:( ).

Thinking the striker would be our "crack" and we'll have to spend BIG on him- i don't know if we can afford Luque,its certain Depor will ask very much for him and i have no will negotiating and giving Lendoiro money.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
23,575 Posts
Luque plays on the left? Is he left or right footed?

I think he misses to many chances and would not be an option for the left (since Ronaldinho starts on the mid and drifts mostly to the left) and for the right I think you guys have players of similar quality.

It would be just a waste of money, save it for a place you need and for a player that is much better than what you have currently.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Liternit said:
Luque plays on the left? Is he left or right footed?

I think he misses to many chances and would not be an option for the left (since Ronaldinho starts on the mid and drifts mostly to the left) and for the right I think you guys have players of similar quality.

It would be just a waste of money, save it for a place you need and for a player that is much better than what you have currently.
He's left footed and I don't think we have players with similar quality. He can play as wing and as striker. But of course, it depends on the money Depor asks for him.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
23,575 Posts
If you were to play him on position he would take the space of Ronaldinho and Oldmars.

If you were to play him off position I would take Saviola overhim as a foward and for the left spot you have too many options which might not be great but are not years behind Luque.

Gabri although he played out of position against depor did play better than Garcia and Quaresma with time may become a better player.

Just like we were trash talking Rijkaard maybe its time to give another chance to Quaresma? If not give Gabri sometime, he lost some chances but even when his shots were blocked they were going on target.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,765 Posts
Koeman4 said:
He's left footed and I don't think we have players with similar quality. He can play as wing and as striker. But of course, it depends on the money Depor asks for him.
And where would you play him in the current system, instead of Saviola or instead of Luis Garcia?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,197 Posts
In the current system, I think he would be a good replacement for Luis Garcia. However, I think we have more pressing needs right now like buying a world-class striker and selling Kluivert. I am not in favor or signing Loque because he wouldn't be more usefull then Saviola as a lone striker and at right wing, we already have Quaresma who is promising.

Thiery Henry, Christian Vieri.. these are the type of forwards that we need to be looking at. Both would be excellent in the current system. :stuckup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,765 Posts
Patrick said:
In the current system, I think he would be a good replacement for Luis Garcia. However, I think we have more pressing needs right now like buying a world-class striker and selling Kluivert. I am not in favor or signing Loque because he wouldn't be more usefull then Saviola as a lone striker and at right wing, we already have Quaresma who is promising.

Thiery Henry, Christian Vieri.. these are the type of forwards that we need to be looking at. Both would be excellent in the current system. :stuckup:
I will say it one million times: playing wingers with no goalscoring ability whatsoever is a waste in modern football. If at least Quaresma was the king of assists. Luis Garcia is doing a good job, especially in the last games but I don't think he is a player to be considered in a great Barcelona side. Luque could do a better job getting past players (not sure if played on the right side) and definitely would get more goasl. The trouble is that Luis Garcia is being asked to do a lot of defensive work and he has to cover almost all the flank up to the area of infuence of the right back and Luque probably couldn't do that job. Only if we got a more dynamic anchor man or a third midifelder with more defensive ability than Xavi we could afford to play an extraforward without handicapping our defensive ability. If Luque is played instead of Saviola...would he provide more goals than the Argentinian?
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top