Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1363 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
i dont watch Spurs or the EPL really so i didnt really know much about Modric i only recently started watching in the Euros and checked out some youtube videos ( though those make anyone look good ) , based on those i'd have to say that he seems really skilled on the ball and can pass really well , could be very useful in a 4-3-3 alongside Khedira and Xabi or Sahin ( if Mou decides to give him confidence )

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Is something official or is this still off the comments from the Croatian players a few days ago?

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Where is this coming from? Nothing on it in any major site or news outlet.
Yeah, I spent a good ten minutes or so googling/advanced search and checking all my sites for it.

Mo playing tricks on us like they do in the Man Utd forum. :D

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
We have Xabi Alonso and Nuri Sahin, where is he going to fit in? Unless he plays next to Xabi, I do not see him coming. We need a box to box midfielder to compete with Khedira for a starting spot.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Just read this with regard to Villas Boas and his talks with Spurs:

Villas-Boas's information is also that Tottenham will sell Luka Modric to Real Madrid this summer and though that has not put him off the idea of returning to London, the former Chelsea manager is unhappy about what he perceives as mixed signals from White Hart Lane. In particular he is unimpressed the chairman, Daniel Levy, is still considering other options despite holding lengthy talks with him over the past week about taking over from the sacked Redknapp.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/20/andre-villas-boas-tottenham-manager-talks

·
Banned
9,210 Posts
Nothing is official
He was "close" to barca a few days ago :howler:

Modric's style would fit well in Spain
He's much better than Sahin and completely opposite from Xavi
More offensively oriented

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
If Modric joins, where would he play? As the attacking midfielder I would presume? Özil's place basically. Would he be able to fit in as part of the double-pivot in midfield alongside Xabi Alonso? Wouldn't that be defensively too weak?

He'll be an expensive signing.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I think Modric can play in both CM and AM positions, but he won't start in a two man midfield against tough oppositions. What I am thinking right now is that Modric might be the man Jose wants for the 4-3-3 against top teams. He is average defensively, but in front of 2 other midfielders, he would be ideal to bring in the balance for this particular system to work effectively on both ends.

In addition, last year when Di Maria was injured (not to mention his out of form performance post his injury) we struggled because Kaka was below average almost all the time and Callejon wasn't exactly what we needed to control the game.

Now, a player like Modric can be the man to give us the needed depth in midfield. He can be AM and Ozil as a RW in those circumstances.

Regardless, I think this signing is a bit tricky, and I would rather try to sign a more complete CM.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Media speculation..nothing more...

·
Registered
3,168 Posts

Luka on today's Marca cover.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
also this from Daily Mail, I know not the best reliable source around but still reporting this..

Real Madrid are prepared to pay Tottenham £30million for Luka Modric after coach Jose Mourinho has told the club to press ahead with an offer.

The Madrid giants are confident of finalising a deal ahead of rivals Manchester United who have been closely linked with the 26-year-old playmaker.

The Croatia midfielder's move to the Bernabeu would give Tottenham's new manager funds to move in the transfer market.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2162881/Real-Madrid-bid-30m-Luka-Modric.html#ixzz1yTheZdIx

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Seems like its happening. Marca says we are after him and Mourinho already talked to the player. Expecting to close the deal for 35 ME. Balague on AS says, we are closely monitoring the situation and Levy is 100% against selling to an EPL club. The offers they got so far are from Man Utd and PSG and Modric prefers Spain. His agents will meet Spurs officials this week to let them know he wants to leave and we are expected to make an official bid soon.

·
poco loco
3,657 Posts
reports in germany are saying that javi martinez is more than close to bayern.

1 - 20 of 1363 Posts