Xtratime Community banner
41 - 60 of 1,548 Posts
Is Stipe even getting full playing time?

If Subasic sustains this kind of form... then NK will have some questions to sort... i.e. would Subasic have the mental toughness and emotional intelligence to deal with being the #1 keeper going into the WC without any WC or major tournament experience.

It's well documented on here how many of you posters complained that coaches don't give the young guys enough chances and opportunities.

WHy not Danijel???

It's well documented on here how many of you posters complained that coaches don't give the young guys enough chances and opportunities.
Danjiel is not a spring chicken. Guy will be 30 this fall.

I think you made some valid points in your post and we do need to begin look at alternatives at the GK spot, post WC. But I think the vast majority of pundits/fans want Stipe at keeper in Brazil, while the man never had an amazing club pedigree, he's continously put in big performances for the NT on the biggest stages (big qualifiers, WC, Euro). He's my clear cut choice for Brazil :thmbup:

Post WC, I think Danjiel (as long as he keeps his form in club play) is definitely the bridge between Stipe and one of our younger GK prospects who rise to the top first (Delac, Kalinic, Zelenika, Picak, Sluga, etc.)

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Luka is likely the Man of the Match in Real Madrid's Copa Del Ray Semi-Final (and derby) against Atletico Madrid, at least on WhoScored.com as he is the highest rated player by far

Luka is likely the Man of the Match in Real Madrid's Copa Del Ray Semi-Final (and derby) against Atletico Madrid, at least on WhoScored.com as he is the highest rated player by far
Then you should really forget about whoscored... He's lost so many balls and is having his worst match in weeks.

Then you should really forget about whoscored... He's lost so many balls and is having his worst match in weeks.
He had a few sloppy give aways but his work rate was terriffic and had some class dribbles in the second half which got a standing ovation from the crowd.

Discussion starter · #48 ·
I thought he played very well and was all over the pitch. His corners were pretty good too but the one giveaway was bad and the one left footed shot was pathetic. It's not just WhoScored as he got a 4.0 (tying MoM Angel Di Maria) on Goal.com

don't forget the wonderful and key save he made on the goal line (saved an away goal and gave Casillas the clean sheet)

The people who think Modric is "just having one good season" are clueless. He's been playing at a high level for YEARS. Second half of last season he was also one of Madrid's best players. At Tottenham he was chased and praised by all of the top managers (Ferguson, Mourinho, Ancelotti, etc.). There's a reason why Madrid payed so much for him. There's a reason why Tottenham played so much for him. He's been a VERY Good player for a LONG time. He's just FINALLY getting his due.

wtf you on about, he played bloody excellent.

The people who think Modric is "just having one good season" are clueless.
:thmbup:

Modrić oozes class with nearly every touch, every opposing player fears him on the ball no matter where they are on the pitch. Vision, skill, accuracy, dictating play and being the go-to guy nearly every attack when he's on form (and used correctly).

Defensively both him and Boban were excellent but in different ways, Boban was physically stronger but Modrić reads the game so well.

The thinking man's footballer, I love watching him lately. :thumbsup:

The people who think Modric is "just having one good season" are clueless. He's been playing at a high level for YEARS. Second half of last season he was also one of Madrid's best players. At Tottenham he was chased and praised by all of the top managers (Ferguson, Mourinho, Ancelotti, etc.). There's a reason why Madrid payed so much for him. There's a reason why Tottenham played so much for him. He's been a VERY Good player for a LONG time. He's just FINALLY getting his due.
Nicely done sir! :thmbup:

lol no need to cry :D He usually plays much better.
:cry::cry: :D

he just got voted fans mom on goal.com and from the comments im reading he played a fantastic game like usual.

You should have seen him the last few games! (before Bilbao) He was not only fighting hard and spreading the ball around nicely but was also crucial and decisive in the final quarter of the pitch around the other team's box. :thumbsup: (what Di Maria did tonight)

You should have seen him the last few games! (before Bilbao) He was not only fighting hard and spreading the ball around nicely but was also crucial and decisive in the final quarter of the pitch around the other team's box. :thumbsup: (what Di Maria did tonight)
He passed very well and dribbled past players like they weren't even there. He cleared the ball off the line from what was going to be a sure goal and fought hard. He did exactly what you said in that post in this game:D At least thats what i saw, and by the comments im reading alot of other people feel he was probably the best player on the pitch too.

I dont watch Real every week but if you say this was one of his bad games than what sort of beast are we dealing with?:D

Discussion starter · #60 · (Edited)
ok Luka officially won Goal.com's Fan Voting for Man of the Match now

but Di Maria has received MoM from WhoScored.com because they changed the 2 own goals to goals by Pepe and DiMaria which gave him another assist and a goal and a 9.5 rating

41 - 60 of 1,548 Posts