Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1115 Posts

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already an all time Croatian great, and he only recently turned 28! His 72 caps for the Vatreni and his guaranteed starter status at Real Madrid are proof of his undeniable talent.

HVALA LUKA

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Agree with you that he is really good player,but he's got to keep constant form and there is where he lacks. Lately he's been ok,but let's just remember his countless passing to the back for Real and Croatia and even Tottenham. Let's hold our horses and see how he does towards the end of the season? BTW,your personal feelings you've just described doesn't put him in all great. Poz

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
lately he's been "ok"?????

Majstor, have you watched him lately?

·
Registered
94 Posts
In my opinion he is already in the top 2 greatest Croatian players ever, certainly better than any other midfielder we have produced and we produced some good ones!

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
One more year like this and some good NT results, and I would put him second only to Boban in my book. He's a diferent player than Boban was though, less versatile but a genius in his own way.

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
Modric has not been as consistant with country then club. For Real he has been superb this season. During qualifiers Luka had more poor games them good games but in the second leg against Iceland he was superb.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Yea he's lacked a bit for us more often than not, but one good tournament for Luka and Croatia. would bring him immortal status.

Please God, let it be Brazil!

samba!!!!! :wee:

·
Registered
69,534 Posts
He needs to win a legit trophy (not counting HNL titles) and lead Croatia to one semi-decent run in a major tournament imo to be the best Croatian player ever

Boban won multiple Serie A titles when the league was probably the best in the world and a Champions League title. Also of course he was on the 96 and 98 teams, which other than 08 was the only time Croatia got out of their group

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
He needs to win a legit trophy (not counting HNL titles) and lead Croatia to one semi-decent run in a major tournament imo to be the best Croatian player ever
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Ero,yes...lately he is playing good,but this is just half season he is playing well. Let's not jump guns here. Like HS says,he needs to win something.Take his team to a title (either Real or NT) and then we could talk of a great player...

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
I don't care what he wins for club, I want him good for the NT so that we can win something or take some scalps. Call me selfish :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
He has played great for club this year, he has been ok for us in the qualifiers. However in my opinion he can not be cosidered as good or even better than a Boban or Robi until he does something GREAT, which they both did by taking us to 3rd place in 98, that is probably the greatest accomplishment for Croatia in our sporting history, that team those men were great!

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Already an all time Croatian great, and he only recently turned 28! His 72 caps for the Vatreni and his guaranteed starter status at Real Madrid are proof of his undeniable talent.

HVALA LUKA
You forgot he got Ozil relegated...

Cheersch

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
And this talk Modric is at all better than Boban is bogus.

Luka's not in Robi's or Suker's or even in Boka's or Boban's league, we were that good back then, but Luka is a legend, but as majstor said needs to put up more...

Cheersch

·
dinamo67
9,547 Posts
maybe he needs to perform more consistently for the NT, but he's right now Real Madrid's best player alongside Ronaldo ofcourse, probably even better than him atm. I do agree though that in order for him to be considered one of our best midfielders he needs to win some trophies and take Croatia further. And with the form he's in maybe this is the year.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
It's no coincidence that he's playing great this year as he has a great coach leading his team...Ancelotti! Mourinho is a destructive defense first coach, and that style didn't sit well with Modric. Now that he has a real offensive minded coach, he as well as Real are playing tremendously. For Croatia we've had average and sub-par coaches directing things since Ciro left. Bilic was ok, and obviously Luka played his best in the first qualifiers under him and in that Euro. I think Kovac will get the best out of Modric we've ever seen in the sacred checkered jersey:musik:

·
No pain - No gain.
4,235 Posts
Subasic?! It's a joke?

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Subasic is in sublime form, but there's only one Stipe :proud:

1 - 20 of 1115 Posts