Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all cule.

I know Luis Milla Aspas were former FC Barcelona-player, and I will ask why he joined to rival Real Madrid? Beacuse controversy with coach or president?

Please answar to my question.

Greeting

Motta

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Motta#23 said:
Hi all cule.

I know Luis Milla Aspas were former FC Barcelona-player, and I will ask why he joined to rival Real Madrid? Beacuse controversy with coach or president?

Please answar to my question.

Greeting

Motta
Milla became the organizer of Cruyff's Barça just before the Dream Team. Cruyff had a lot of power to establish the salaries of the players. Milla had a low contract, because he came from the youth system and he finished his contract in June 1990. Cruyff made him an offer, but Milla wanted more. In fact, many fans supported Milla, because he was the "wonder-kid" of the B team and the team wasn't doing very well. Then Cruyff decided to leave Milla out of the team and he didn't play any match in the last months of the 1989-1990 season. At the end of the season, he signed for Real Madrid. In the next season, Cruyff needed a young kid of the B team to replace Milla, Pep Guardiola.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Cruyff quite mysteriously said: "we don't need him; we've got someone much better to replace him". Nobody really knew who he was talking about but as K4 says it was Guardiola.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for their answar. Thumb up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts