Xtratime Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Did we use our repurchase option and bought him back from Valladolid?

Luis Garcia is a former Barça B-player, he also scored in that Catalunya-friendly vs. Chile.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
His position is striker / left winger.
Don´t know if Van Gaal wants him for the next season or if we´re going to sell him.
It´d make sense to have a backup for Overmars. :undecide:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Van Gaal will take only 3 players from barca B...and Garcia is not one of them;)

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
He didn´t join us from Barça B, we bought him back from Valladolid.
It´s just that he once played in our youth, but that has nothing to do with the 3 Barça B-players Van Gaal wants to promote.

I read somewhere that we might use him for an exchange deal...

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Saviola7 said:
3 Players from the B team? who?
the three are valdes, motta and iniesta.

a further 5 (tortolero, navarro, babangida, santamaria, marcelo?)

are going to do pre season and if they do well enough some will also be promoted.

as for luis garcia, athletico are interested in him

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Victor Valdes, Andres Iniesta and Thiago Motta.
Also 2 out of Fernando Navarro, Haruna Babangida, Roberto Trashorras, Dani Tortolero and David Sanchez are said to train with the first team for the whole season.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Luis Garcia is best used as a striker. He´s this kind of goalgetter that doesn´t touch the ball one single time during 89 minutes before he scores in the 90th. Despite that he´s pretty average and this is just another popularity move by Gaspart. Garcia is better than Trashorras but worse than Dani. Garcia scored against Chile and also against Barzil so the board thinks it neccessary to sign this catalan player since he´s kind of popular now. Van Gaal will proberly use him in the first matches so the fans won´t critizaise him too hard for being an "anti-catalan" and later on bench him for the rest of the season. I can´t see how Luis Garcia is good enough for a starting eleven postion in the team.

Iniesta is born 1984 if I´m not misstaking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts