Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luis Figo did not seem to be his old self yet he looks like he is not useing his left foot. He only started playing better in the second half when Rui came on . Then I seen a little bit of Figo magic . I hope to God that he gets back to 100% form for next game. Portugal played great as a team today not just depending on Figo which I like to see but I always love to see Figo at the top form it makes the team that much stronger. Tell me what you guys think about it and how you think he played today thanks.........................VIVA PORTUGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
With the downpour, today was always going to be a hard game to analyze.

The bright spot for me was that he started slowly, mi****ting a cross and still unable to run past past players, but in the 2nd half he showed that the magic is still there, it just might take a little longer to get it out consistently.

Setting up Pauleta's 2nd goal and then bending the ball off the bar 2 minutes later showed that in the right circumstance he is still the "Man" for us.

Your point about the team play is a good one. People see us as being too dependent on Figo, but if others can carry us until Figo gets better, then I'll be a happy camper.

I expected Sergio Conceicao to take over in the 1st round with the problems Luis and Rui are having. So far, he has yet to raise his game and show us his dribbling and scoring skills.

I think that because of this we are still a sleeping giant. If those big 3 can get their stuff together for Friday, I don't see why we can't beat Korea and still be playing on June 30;)

FORCA PORTUGAL

·
Registered
549 Posts
how nuts would it be if USA and Portugal met in teh finals?

(dream dream dream)

CMON TUGAS kick some korean ass!

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I think Figo played well. I mean he was moved down to mid-fielder so I think he played pretty well for that spot helping us get 2 of our 4 goals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts