Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luis Aragones is thinking in resignation, if the RFEF opens an investigation file about his words, as the Comisión Nacional contra la Violencia (CNV, National Comission against Violence) ordered 2 days ago.

This decission is known by the RFEF President, Angel M. Villar. The coach told the president that he's really bothered by the unfair treatment given by the press, especially the Spanish one. He's worried about the content of these informations and the impact that has had in his family.

By now, Villar has stopped the decission. He told Luis that he won't open any investigation, not following the instructions of the CNV, because Luis' job is out of the authority of the CNV, as long as Villar says.

Despite all this, Villar has only won time, because the Consejo Superior de Deportes (Superior Sport Council, under the authority of the Spanish Government) and the CNV won't allow that this issue finishes without sanction. They think that this words were very serious and they had a chain effect in the behaviour of some fans. If the RFEF doesn't start any action, the CSDD (Sport Discipline Superior Comitee) will open the sanction file.

Villar knows that Luis' resignation would create a big problem because he links all the sectors of the Spanish football and it would leave the NT without head in the race towards the WC 06.

In Spanish:
http://www.as.com/articulo.html?xref=20041203dasdaiftb_2&anchor=dasftb&type=Tes&d_date=20041203
====================================

Interview with Rafael Blanco, Sports General Director of the Spanish Government.

What do you think about the last issues related with racism?

What has happened is very serious. There's some people that has underrated this facts, but I have to say that in a modern and democratical society, as the Spanish one, what has happened is totally unacceptable and it has damaged the international image of Spain and the candidature of Madrid 2012. We're going to take decisions about it and we're going to do specifical reports about racism in football stadiums.

What do you have to say about the words of the coach of the NT?

The declarations of Luis Aragones were unlucky, wrong and out of time. He has recognized it publically and now it's the RFEF who has to take decisions. We're going to be watching them all the time and we'll demand the RFEF to find solutions. I wish they take decisions. UEFA and FIFA have opened a file and, which is for sure, it is that we have to finish with this.

What would happen if the RFEF does not sanction the coach?

If we don't like the sanction of the RFEF, we will modificate it. There's an agreement with the CNV about it. On December 10th, their president is going to the meeting of the CNV to explain his decision. I'm for strong sanctions.

Why did not anyone act before?

The RFEF has been too relaxed. In violence cases, it's very difficult to point the guilties, but in the CSD we don't agree the "here-nothing-has-happened" policy.

In Spanish:
http://www.as.com/articulo.html?xref=20041203dasdaiftb_3&anchor=dasftb&type=Tes&d_date=20041203

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
He should nt even being considered for the job in the first place.
That senile man has been a total disaster from all angles.
Something was rotten when you have your only team star (Etoo)
heading you in a training sesion.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Alter Ego said:
He should nt even being considered for the job in the first place.
That senile man has been a total disaster from all angles.
I agree. The world has changed already. "Old school" thinkers who discriminate and are not careful with their words are done. There's no room for them in the world, let alone football.

Thing is, Spain has been known to be rather lax in its discipline and so I wonder what exactly will come of all this.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Even though our last couple of games have been wonderful and we've been finally playing like a team, its probably for the best for Aragones to go. Since he said his stupid words, too much crap has happened and whats making it worse is that hes a stubborn man and wont even apologize.

Del Bosque for the NT !

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Hala Madrid said:
Even though our last couple of games have been wonderful and we've been finally playing like a team, its probably for the best for Aragones to go. Since he said his stupid words, too much crap has happened and whats making it worse is that hes a stubborn man and wont even apologize.

Del Bosque for the NT !
Del Bosque would be amazing for the spanish NT!

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Alter Ego said:
Actually, Eto'o and Aragonés are very close friends, he always says he learnt a lot from him.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Aragones should retire from the world of football completly. Since Spain lacks really good coach I'd go for a forigner. Bianchi is a vice choise.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
fc barcelona said:
to resign is the right thing to do!!
bianchi or del bosque woud be good replacement for him
They'll proberly appoint some moron as usually. Villar might be the biggest idiot in that postion in the world. But who cares really? Spain will never win anything under our lifetime.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Robban said:
They'll proberly appoint some moron as usually. Villar might be the biggest idiot in that postion in the world. But who cares really? Spain will never win anything under our lifetime.
I agree except I think we are too talented not to win anything. We have a team for the next 10 years if you look at every position on the team and these guys have already been playing together for a good part of 3 years.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
SPANIARD said:
I agree except I think we are too talented not to win anything. We have a team for the next 10 years if you look at every position on the team and these guys have already been playing together for a good part of 3 years.
That's what everyone was saying after the victory in the Olympics '92. It didn't really turn out that way, did it?

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Robban is right somehow. Even Guardiola said something like that some years ago. Spain has never won anything, except that Euro 64.

I think that no one can say that Spain does not have quality. Xavi, Joaquin, Luque, Reyes, Torres, Puyol,... we all know that we have good players, but we all know that we underperform in the big tournaments.

For example, if you Germany in the last WC, individually, they're not better than the Spanish players. But I don't know if it's the shirt, their patriotism or their character, but they always give 100%. On the other hand, the Spanish players always do worse in the NT than in their clubs. This is the only truth.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Robban is right somehow. Even Guardiola said something like that some years ago. Spain has never won anything, except that Euro 64.
Dont the Olympics dont count?

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alter Ego said:
Dont the Olympics dont count?
Yes, it was a nice title... but it was a kind of U-23 WC. It didn't have the pressure of a real WC or Euro.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
SPANIARD said:

Doesn't mean anything. Look at the last Euro Cup, I lost complete faith in those bunch of spoiled millionaire brats. There was no excuse to play with that lack of passion and energy that we saw against Portugal. It's like they had given up the moment the game began. The fact that so many Spaniards this time went to Portugal to support them and then to play like they did was totally shameful. Sure there has been times where we have had a bit of bad luck as well. (Last WC against South Korea was pure robbery). However, the problem with us is because we have good players we think that automatically equates to winning something big. The problem is that being good is only part of winning. The Spanish national team always lacks everything else which is also needed like passion, ambition, motivation, confidence, etc.. If anything, perhaps if our players were not as good technically then they would be forced to try harder such as a team like Greece. Instead they always think that playing beautiful football will always prevail. That's just not the case.
Until I really see a Spanish side come out and play with passion like they really want to win something, I'm content not putting my hopes up anymore.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Mendieta said:
Doesn't mean anything. Look at the last Euro Cup, I lost complete faith in those bunch of spoiled millionaire brats. There was no excuse to play with that lack of passion and energy that we saw against Portugal. It's like they had given up the moment the game began. The fact that so many Spaniards this time went to Portugal to support them and then to play like they did was totally shameful. Sure there has been times where we have had a bit of bad luck as well. (Last WC against South Korea was pure robbery). However, the problem with us is because we have good players we think that automatically equates to winning something big. The problem is that being good is only part of winning. The Spanish national team always lacks everything else which is also needed like passion, ambition, motivation, confidence, etc.. If anything, perhaps if our players were not as good technically then they would be forced to try harder such as a team like Greece. Instead they always think that playing beautiful football will always prevail. That's just not the case.
Until I really see a Spanish side come out and play with passion like they really want to win something, I'm content not putting my hopes up anymore.
I agree with you but the one thing I disagree with is the game vs. Potugal when I really believe it was Saez's fault. We didn't have 1 shot on net the whole game, I think 1 run by Torres before the Potuguese goal, then like 5 minutes after we hit the post. Why? Because the 'draw' plan (this shows how intellegent Saez is) went out the window and now with 20 minutes to go we have to try scoring against the home country. We changed 4/5 players that match, 3 in midfield/attack. We didn't have a hope in hell in Potugal, but this was the preperation of the coach.

I don't know how we will perform under Aragones, but I don't think anyone will do much better. Hopefully we can build on the performance vs. England, that's my optimism speaking.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
SPANIARD said:
I agree with you but the one thing I disagree with is the game vs. Potugal when I really believe it was Saez's fault. We didn't have 1 shot on net the whole game, I think 1 run by Torres before the Potuguese goal, then like 5 minutes after we hit the post. Why? Because the 'draw' plan (this shows how intellegent Saez is) went out the window and now with 20 minutes to go we have to try scoring against the home country. We changed 4/5 players that match, 3 in midfield/attack. We didn't have a hope in hell in Potugal, but this was the preperation of the coach.

I don't know how we will perform under Aragones, but I don't think anyone will do much better. Hopefully we can build on the performance vs. England, that's my optimism speaking.
Spaniard, I agree that Saez was completely incompetent as a coach. He made many mistakes which caused us dearly. His vision was one way with no room for deviation. He could not envision playing Valeron in the midfield with Raul and Mori/Torres up front. This probably led to our own destruction, since leaving Valeron on the bench was probably the most idiotic thing he could have done. Also not bringing Reyes or leaving Xavi on the bench were further mistakes. However, weren't the players to blame as well? I'll admit until the Portugal match I was saying, "It's not the players fault, it's the coach, Saez is an idiot.". But then in the last game he started Xabi Alonso for Baraja, Joaquin for Exteberria, Torres for Morientes... It's not like these subs are amateurs. I actually thought they were good changes. I guess my point is that you can only go so far with tactics and which players you change. If the motivation to win is not there in the first place then how much difference can it make whether the coach plays a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3??? or whether you bring on Xabi Alonso for Baraja in the midfield. If these players have been brought to Portugal then they have an obligation to win and I just didn't see that mentality from any of the players in the last match against Portugal regardless of who Saez brought on the field.

In terms of Aragones. Well.. he hasn't shown any reason why he can't do that job, YET... We'll see what happens. Personally I think De Bosque or Irrureta or even a foreign coach might be better. But it's probably to early to say. I'll admit the one good thing I've seen so far is that Aragones has had the balls to start Raul on the bench as well as break from tradition like using the XX midfield combo instead of the always Abelda - Baraja combo. Or trying new things like playing Reyes upfront. I think change is good.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
completely agree with Hala Madrid. Since this stuff hes said, he lost all respect, brought spain in a difficult situation and put a dark light on footy. He should step down quickly to give the new coach enough time to prepare the wc qualifiers. Del B would be excellent!!! :angel:

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Antiviolence Comission urges the RFEF to open an investigation to Luis Aragonés for his words before the Spain-England.

Rafael Blanco said: "The Comission think that law is equal for everyone and, in this case, we think that an investigation must be opened, although we won't say how it has to finish. This attitudes can be considered serious or very serious and they can force to make punishments as permanent ban or strong economical sanctions. We will watch this process to make them to accomplish the law".

"We know that racism didn't appear for the first time in that match, they already existed previously. The real problem is not Aragones' words, but the social behaviour of some groups", he asked the LFP and the clubs help to finish with the problem.

"Racism is linked to the ultras and it's not only a Spanish problem, in this case, the impact was bigger in the media though. What it's done in other countries is an example. If we have to change the law, we'll do, we want to learn from the teams of our area".

http://www.marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,570872,00.html

1 - 20 of 25 Posts