Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this should go in the rumor thread, but I could not find it :D I just saw in the paper today that Luisão has signed with Inter, so its official?

·
Registered
45,467 Posts
Haven't actually really seen Luisao play. Can anyone say how good he is?

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well they are saying he was sold from Benfica to Inter for 6M euros, RM was also interested but they lost the biding to Inter.

I think its a good deal, he is very young so he will only improve with time. Plus he is very strong and fast for his size, just the type of defender RM needed to partner with Samuel. Lets see how he does with Cordoba, probably better than Materazzi.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Matrix type defender who is not particularly fast but has good strenght, good positioning, tall and can head and win aerial battles...quick ppl like henry can give him trouble tho...like a martins type is pefect to break him down

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm I always thought he was quite fast have not seen him at Benfica, but I do remember him running toe to toe againts Henry in a friendly, Henry only beat him after pushing him, making Luisão miss a tackle.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Liternit said:
hmmm I always thought he was quite fast have not seen him at Benfica, but I do remember him running toe to toe againts Henry in a friendly, Henry only beat him after pushing him, making Luisão miss a tackle.
Yes he is fast but he's not world-class in the fast sense thats what I meant to say....don't mean by the Matrix comparision that he's slow but that his greatest strenght is strenght and height...he's fast nonetheless but not as fast as a Ferdinand or a Nesta.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
we dont need prospective players we need players who are already stars like SAMUEL
HE IS THE ONE WE NEED
OR RIO FERDINAND
smth like that
not prospects
and guyz who cant run

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:howler:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Luisao is established.

·
Registered
60,405 Posts
Liternit said:
probably better than Materazzi.
Now that part scares me a bit to be honest.

Ok, where would you rank him amongst the best centre-backs in Brazil ?

As for his pace, it's all good but when it comes to pace we've got the quickest defender out there.

Speed apart, Cordoba indeed needs a tall, solid centre-back alongside him. Personally, I like Materazzi for the mere fact that he's loyal and committed to Inter and always gives 100% whenever he plays. But he has those lapses of concentration that cost us games.

Luisão and Julio Cesar, looks like we're signing players to make Adriano feel right at home ! :D

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Ok, where would you rank him amongst the best centre-backs in Brazil ?
I rank Luisão as one of the four best Brazilian centrebacks – together with Juan (Leverkusen), Lucio (Bayern Munich) and Alex (PSV Eindhoven).

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
DAMNNNNNNNNNN

I just realized afer looking at his picture, I might have actually seen him play in the COPA

from what i could remember i didn't know who he was so when I saw him defending in the back I was surprised cuz in that game i saw him up front near the goal so much

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Luisao did play in the Copa and actually scored against Argentina in the final.

·
Registered
60,405 Posts
Garrincha said:
I rank Luisão as one of the four best Brazilian centrebacks – together with Juan (Leverkusen), Lucio (Bayern Munich) and Alex (PSV Eindhoven).
Good to know. :thumbsup:

I was afraid that any of you guys would rank him behind the mighty Roque Junior. :tongue:

Razman said:
Luisao did play in the Copa and actually scored against Argentina in the final.
...And If I remember correctly he also conceded a penalty after a late tackle on Luis Gonzalez.

Well, that Copa America was all about Alex and Adriano so I didn't give that much attention to Luisão.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Yup you're right, but his goal came after the penlaty.. So he kinda made up for his mistake.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Well, that Copa America was all about Alex and Adriano so I didn't give that much attention to Luisão.

Its kinda hard to ignore him with him and his tall goofy bald head running around

·
Registered
60,405 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Its kinda hard to ignore him with him and his tall goofy bald head running around
I didn't exactly ignore his presence, I've always thought that him and Juan formed a solid defence together. But Adriano and Alex were the stars of that team and they were the main reason why Brazil eventually won the title.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I see....I thought you meant that you didn't notice him in games...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Inter Milan strike deal for Benfica defender Luisao
tribalfootball.com - February 17, 2005

Inter Milan have struck an agreement with Benfica for defender Luisao.

After weeks of talks, it was settled on Tuesday night that the Brazil international will move to the San Siro at the end of this season. Benfica will receive cash, plus midfielder Giorgis Karagounis, who has given a tentative nod to the deal, in exchange.

Luisao's agent, Giuliano Bertolucci, said: "Luisao is desperate to try the Italian experience. He knows Inter well because they're a famous club and its his dream to play for a prestigious team.

"Anyone would be happy to play for Inter Milan."

1 - 20 of 36 Posts