Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Official lineup:.

Donnarumma; Abate, Bonucci, Romagnoli, Calabria; Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura; Suso, Cutrone, Calhanoglu

Strong eleven, we are obviously taking this game and the competition seriously. FORZA Milan as always.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also if anyone finds a decent stream please share, no one is showing the game in the US.

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
Lucky that the game is on Eurosport 2 here. Should really win this one, but it won't be easy at all.

FORZA MILAN!

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I'll have to miss this one. Please keep us posted!

Really hoping Atalanta do well against Dortmund.

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
CUUUTROOOONEEE! With his shoulder :D

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
Not a great game, but Milan is showing glimpses here and there with some good passing.

Biglia is MoM so far, Hakan is good at finding a lot of space tonight and the defense is solid.

·
Registered
15,572 Posts
Not a great game, but Milan is showing glimpses here and there with some good passing.

Biglia is MoM so far, Hakan is good at finding a lot of space tonight and the defense is solid.

Really? I think Biglia has been average at best.

Centre back partnership has been the best thing about the first half performance. Romagnoli has made some good tackles and Bonucci has played some good balls from the back. Abate has been poor and Calabria ineffective. Rino's first change should be Abate off for Ricardo Rodriguez and move Calabria to the right.

Typical striker's goal from Cutrone thanks to a good cross from Hakan.

This is Ludogorets' first game since mid December so they may run out of steam in the second half due a lack of match fitness. Important that we up the intensity in the second half and go for the kill. No sitting back defending a one-goal lead.

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
Really? I think Biglia has been average at best.

Centre back partnership has been the best thing about the first half performance. Romagnoli has made some good tackles and Bonucci has played some good balls from the back. Abate has been poor and Calabria ineffective. Rino's first change should be Abate off for Ricardo Rodriguez and move Calabria to the right.

Typical striker's goal from Cutrone thanks to a good cross from Hakan.

This is Ludogorets' first game since mid December so they may run out of steam in the second half due a lack of match fitness. Important that we up the intensity in the second half and go for the kill. No sitting back defending a one-goal lead.
Yeah, he misplaced one pass pretty badly but otherwise he is everywhere and is always looking to make a pass forward. I like that with all the years of Montolivo passing sideways or back.

The reports before the game said that Gattuso wants to finish the fixture tonight, so lets hope they go for 1-2 goals more.

·
Registered
15,572 Posts
We must go for it. With the away goal rule it's worth the risk to push for a second as 1-1 wouldn't be a disaster (although annoying).

Besides Abate coming off I would also like to see Cutrone subbed off early. Goal aside he has not been great. Poor touch on occasion. Let Silva have a go and see if he can add to his Europa League goal tally.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Great to read that Cutrone scores and that the CB pairing is working. Interesting mixed opinions on Biglia.

On a sidenote, let's hope management get their shit together with Cutrone and we secure a long-term contract soon. His current one has several years, but it's pretty obvious his status has changed. I understand they have opened negotiations recently. The kid looks like a very different character to Donnarumma and there's not all that hype, but he actually could become more valuable both as a footballer and in terms of money, and it takes only an ambitious agent/family and some light flirting from the richer clubs to create another season of drama.

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
Abate out, Rodriguez in. Rod is Gattuso confirmed.

Wouldn't mind subbing Cutrone for Silva either. The latter would help us keep the ball better.

Reactions: Rodriguez

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
Penalty for a push on Cutrone. Rodriguez scores with a well placed penalty.

Cutrone out, Silva in.

So rod is gattuso, bono is galliani. who else?
How blessed we are with this forum having such dignitaries?

Reactions: van

·
Registered
23,874 Posts
Lol at Kessie there. Stamped on the foot of Marcelinho and directly show that he apoligize. Then he realise he wont get a freekick against him and directly point at the ball. :howler:

Footballers are disgusting creatures.

·
Registered
23,874 Posts
I did a little calculation which dont include this game. GpM = Goal per minute PoM = goal+assist per minute
This is ALL games included (not friendlies of course)

Kalinic
388 GpM
172 PoM

Cutrone
156 GpM
112 PoM

Silva
182 GpM
145 PoM

As you can see Cutrone is the one that delivered the most consistantly. Of course Silva contributed more outside Serie A, while Kalinic almost only contributed there. Kalinic have the most assists and the least goals. Both Cutrone and Kalinic have a better goal per minute in serie A (323 and 130).

1 - 20 of 48 Posts