Xtratime Community banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

inbred amoeba
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
What was the experience like?

I could see the crowd was pretty deflated after the pen, which might have dampened what may otherwise have been good spirits.
Yeah, morale was low among the locals at the end, and not only. My seat was at Tribuna Moti, in the very heart of the Ludo 'ultras', but I shouldn't use this word when talking about Ludo fans as they were actually pretty quiet almost the whole game (apart from some 10 mins in the second half when Ludo had a brace of semi-chances wasted by the left back). Man, I shouldn't really make this comparison but I often used to be in the Spartak Moscow crowd in the nineties and it makes a difference. I remember those guys sending a flare against a wall just above the heads of the visiting fans when Spartak played (and eliminated) Maradona's Napoli in Europe; the flare almost made a hole in the wall. There would have been some casualties if it were half a meter lower.

In Bulgaria too, Ludo crowd are just lacking the fan culture of traditional teams. I can understand that, as their owners are trying hard to make going to a football game in Razgrad a family event. But still, it takes some of the charm away if you know what I mean (@Krle definitely knows).

Registered
Was it a good night out though?

Yeah, I remember reading and hearing about Spartak in the 90's (in relation to the ties with Inter). Tough team, tough crowd and tough conditions (pitch, weather). You weren't coming out of there with a win without a real struggle and fight.

Did you attend the Semi-Final in 1998? It took a wonderfully worked goal for Ronaldo to score the winner (one-two with Zamorano, after which he slinked between a couple of defenders and rounded the keeper).

inbred amoeba
Discussion Starter #47
Was it a good night out though?

Yeah, I remember reading and hearing about Spartak in the 90's (in relation to the ties with Inter). Tough team, tough crowd and tough conditions (pitch, weather). You weren't coming out of there with a win without a real struggle and fight.

Did you attend the Semi-Final in 1998? It took a wonderfully worked goal for Ronaldo to score the winner (one-two with Zamorano, after which he slinked between a couple of defenders and rounded the keeper).
I enjoyed my travel to Razgrad overall, yes. Met some old friends; the game was not boring and the most important - took some break from daily routine stuff.

On your second question - no, I was not there any longer in 1998.

Registered
2nd leg will likely be played behind closed doors.

While it is not nice to have Samp called off and be 6 points behind Juve and 4 behind Lazio, it is good that the players get some rest. And obviously good that Corona is not spread further around Lombardy

Registered
Probably a good idea

At this rate I'm not even sure Juve-Inter will happen

Registered
juve-Inter will be played behind closed doors too as confirmed

obviously gobbi fans aren't happy with this. Not that their opinions matter, it's obviously a bigger matter than this 1 match when Italy are the European country with the highest rate of people infected by Coronavirus and it's not just in Lombardy region either..

it's not unheard of that teams win home matches behind closed doors, we won all our groupstage CL games in 05-06 behind closed doors.. a juve-Inter game without fans is odd though for sure. Anyhow more importantly let's hope for fair refereeing and a functioning VAR.

May be the refs will have more balls in an empty stadium..

inbred amoeba
Discussion Starter #52
A cracking game behind closed doors is always a sad thing, but some guys do not need a crowd to do their act. I always remember Berba's phenomenal goal against Roma at the empty Olimpico back in 2004. I am sure that weirdo is so introvert that crowds were actually a demotivator to him.

Registered
I am at work so can not view twitter (or youtube) from work pc, but Berbatov was quality.

Speaking of nice goals in closed stadia, Adriano scored a great goal for us against Chievo away in 06-07. Back then matches were played behind closed doors because of the death of an Italian policeman iirc.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts