Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Greta joke sharer
22,962 Posts
Pretty awful first half. But I guess the team is satisified with a goalless draw as well.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,962 Posts
Second half has at least started a bit better than the end of the first half.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,962 Posts
Nicely struck by Eriksen.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,962 Posts
Pretty cheap penalty. I guess it might have been given because it was above the shoulder. But still...

·
Registered
43,661 Posts
I like that the celebrations were muted. The players know that this isn't some huge competition and the Ludo fans deserve some respect.

Pen incident didn't seem very intentional...that's the downside to these new rules.

We're fully capable of letting Ludo progress so it's not a write-off just yet.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
That was a trademark Eriksen goal from around or just outside the box. He is deadly when he finds space in the area as he can shoot with both left and right and already had 4-5 good shots on goal the last couple of games.
He will gain confidence from this and Conte's expects more tempo, but Eriksen will never be someone who dribbles past 2-3 players. When in run his pace is decent enough though.

·
inbred amoeba
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I like that the celebrations were muted. The players know that this isn't some huge competition and the Ludo fans deserve some respect.

Pen incident didn't seem very intentional...that's the downside to these new rules.

We're fully capable of letting Ludo progress so it's not a write-off just yet.
Inter are through, congrats. This late goal just made it impossible for Ludo to turn things around; not that they would have many chances after a 0:1 in the first leg.

@red will be happy now; you will truly play your fringe eleven in the return leg.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Cheers for your efforts, Beaux Balkans

Quality stuff.

You do realize that you are now obliged - by forum protocol - to start the thread of Inter's league match on Sunday evening against Sampdoria, right?

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
That was a trademark Eriksen goal from around or just outside the box. He is deadly when he finds space in the area as he can shoot with both left and right and already had 4-5 good shots on goal the last couple of games.
He will gain confidence from this and Conte's expects more tempo, but Eriksen will never be someone who dribbles past 2-3 players. When in run his pace is decent enough though.
His shooting looks amazing. Already hit 2 bars from great shots in the derby and last night. Glad he opened his account with us. Important goal too.

But it's not just Eriksen, the build up to the goal was very good. Good passing and several Inter players involved.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
I disagree with Nacka and Firdy about the penalty decision. The hand of the Ludogorets player was in an abnormal position. I believe Ranocchia right away knew this was a penalty as he was close to it and saw it clearly. The moment I saw the replay I said to myself, penalty. Good thing VAR noticed it and alerted the match official, as it was near impossible to see without a replay. VAR did well there. I believe there was no VAR in the EL groupstage so we are lucky it's now getting used by UEFA.

2-0 away is obviously excellent (could have been more as we hit both the post and bar, shame that Alexis back heel didn't go in), but I remember in 2012-2013 we won 3-0 in Split against Hajduk in EL qualifiers, only to lose 2-0 at home and risk elimination. Recall Samir saving our asses. Not to mention winning in Romania against Vaslui in the same season also in EL playoffs, and yet the return leg was also complicated..

It's a solid lead though and certainly means a lot of rotation in Milano especially as that second leg is only THREE days before the big juve game. Conte obviously knows that so he went for a win last night to make the 2nd leg 'easier' so to speak as we don't really need to push hard for a win. juve will have a CL game in Lyon on Wednesay and obviously they can't and won't rotate in it, while we have the advantage of resting players against Ludogorets a day later.

Lautaro getting a booking last night is actually good in hindsight, and if Esposito is fit then him and Alexis should start the 2nd leg against the Bulgarians imo. Altohugh last time I checked Esposito had an injury problem.

Moses and Biraghi were an offensive threat last night at times, Biraghi almost scored very early into the match (and was involved in our first goal) while Moses almost assisted a goal to Alexis.

Good to have a game without a proper test for our goalie. Defence didn't really make any noticeable mistakes although it was pretty much a makeshift one.

With Godin a booking away from suspension in EL I would certainly leave him out of the second leg, to both rest him for juve and to avoid a possible suspension.

At time our play in the first half was average and uninspired though for sure, but we still had a couple of chances (0 for Ludogorets), one of which Eriksen wasted with really poor control. He controls the cross from Alexis and it's a certain goal.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Thank you, man but no. I will stick to opening your EL threads if I may.
Fine by me! I think our EL chances are better than Serie A anyway :) purely because in EL only football will decide, not politics or agendas.

·
Registered
43,661 Posts
I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty by current rules. It was. In terms of whether it was intentional and fair in that respect, the dial doesn't move that far for me.

·
Registered
43,661 Posts
Inter are through, congrats. This late goal just made it impossible for Ludo to turn things around; not that they would have many chances after a 0:1 in the first leg.

@red will be happy now; you will truly play your fringe eleven in the return leg.
What was the experience like?

I could see the crowd was pretty deflated after the pen, which might have dampened what may otherwise have been good spirits.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,962 Posts
I disagree with Nacka and Firdy about the penalty decision.
I didn't mean that it wasn't a penalty. According to the rules it's a penalty since it was above the shoulder.

It still seems harsh on a moral level since I doubt it was on purpose. But on the other hand I suppose players are responsible for the placement of their limbs, kind of like how you can't flail your arms about elbowing people in the face and claim it wasn't on purpose.

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Eriksen will never be someone who dribbles past 2-3 players.
Neither was Pirlo but that’s not the point. As gifted and productive as Eriksen is, there seems to be some sort of confidence issue. If Conte can sort that out, he’s got one of the best midfielders in the world.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts