Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
inbred amoeba
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am opening this for some pre-game warmup, hope it is not against your forum rules.

Conte and Rannochia at the media conference, which ended just a few minutes ago:

Brozovic did not travel along with Handanovic. So, no Balkunts in Inter lineup tomorrow :smh:

Fun fact: Tomorrow's game will see the first use of VAR in Bulgaria :)

·
Registered
43,661 Posts
With that kind of post, who could object?

I'm good with resting them. Brozo needs it and it's better to give Samir a bit more time...he's expected to be ready for the Samp match.

I hope Agoume gets a proper run in these games.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Well we did need a change of thread starter after the Lazio loss. Fresh new faces are always nice, especially someone going to the game!

Though I guess Beaux Balkans will be rooting for the Bulgarian hosts?

Not too happy to see Brozovic left out, I would understand resting him right before the juve game (2nd leg v Ludogorets in Milano), but not tomorrow. In fact, doing well tomorrow means more room for rotation in the second leg before the juve game. If we get a bad result tomorrow we won't be able to rotate much in Milano, days before the trip to Turin.

Samir is recovering from an injury anyhow so that is understandable. As long as he gets a game or two before juve it's fine.

Going back to Brozovic, I just read what Conte said:

“Marcelo Brozovic stayed behind, as he is still feeling ankle problems, so did not train the last couple of days and is on a personalised schedule.

----

Ok, understandable to leave an unfit player out then.

Skriniar also out:

“Milan Skriniar wouldn’t have played tomorrow, so I preferred to let him stay at home and fully recover, especially as he had flu a while ago and that affected his training. Everyone else is available.”

---

I guess we'll see starts for the Frog and Borja, unless Conte goes with Godin, De Vrij and Bastoni tomorrow and then rests Godin against Samp, dunno.

Forza EL.

Forza Inter.

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Looks like pretty much a complete reserve team except for Vecino and Lautaro.

Absolutely fine by me.

·
inbred amoeba
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well we did need a change of thread starter after the Lazio loss. Fresh new faces are always nice, especially someone going to the game!

Though I guess Beaux Balkans will be rooting for the Bulgarian hosts?
I am by no means a fan of the Crazy Hillbillies but on the other hand I appreciate what their owners have been doing for Bulgarian football in general by developing a strong smartly managed club and thus breaking the long standing bipolar model of club football (Levski-CSKA) here.

I am going to the game because Ludo started playing an attractive attacking style under their new Czech manager; plus, I don't mind seeing Eriksen - Lautaru - Alexis in action live. Plus, it can't be boring watching a game with Conte in charge at one of the teams :)

Expected Ludo lineup (4-4-1-1?):

Iliev
Cicinho-Grigore-Moti-Nedyalkov
Marcelinho-Wanderson-Anicet-Dyakov
Cauly
Keseru

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Lautaro was suspended for a couple of games recently while Lukaku always plays so if Conte is going to rest 1 striker, it's Lukaku not Lautaro.

Can't we thread-ban red from EL? dude hates it.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
I am by no means a fan of the Crazy Hillbillies but on the other hand I appreciate what their owners have been doing for Bulgarian football in general by developing a strong smartly managed club and thus breaking the long standing bipolar model of club football (Levski-CSKA) here.

I am going to the game because Ludo started playing an attractive attacking style under their new Czech manager; plus, I don't mind seeing Eriksen - Lautaru - Alexis in action live. Plus, it can't be boring watching a game with Conte in charge at one of the teams :)

Expected Ludo lineup (4-4-1-1?):

Iliev
Cicinho-Grigore-Moti-Nedyalkov
Marcelinho-Wanderson-Anicet-Dyakov
Cauly
Keseru
Thanks for the info.

Anicet Andrianantenaina entered history as the first scorer in the history of Madagascar in the last ACN in Egypt. They had a nice run to the quarter finals.

I guess that Cicinho is not the former Real and Roma Brazilian RB...

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Lautaro was suspended for a couple of games recently while Lukaku always plays so if Conte is going to rest 1 striker, it's Lukaku not Lautaro.

Can't we thread-ban red from EL? dude hates it.
True.

I think it's a joke.

But I may watch this evening just to see Eriksen start.

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Starting Barella is also ridiculous.

He should be rested in EL so he can focus on Serie A

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Barella rested for whom? Sensi, Gagliardini and Brozovic are all unfit I believe so Barella has to start tonight. Absolutely. Let's see what Conte does, if it's a safe/conservative Vecino, Borja and barella midfield 3 or Eriksen instead of 1 of them.

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
I would have gone for Vecino-Borja-Eriksen

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
True.

I think it's a joke.
Not that argument again :D

Well, clubs like Manchester United, Chelsea and Atletico Madrid cared enough to win that 'joke' in recent seasons. Top footballing figures like Mourinho, Zlatan, Lampard, Diego Simeone etc.. were happy to win it. If it was a joke they would have fielded the youth teams and exited early, not go all the way til May and lift the trophy.

We are in no position to mock EL tbh, we have not won anything in years. If that drought ends with EL, great. A European trophy would be great if we can manage it.

Serie A is a nice delusion, winning it won't happen based on our faults and those of dodgy referees that cost us points. But at least we are certain of top 4 which is a nice progress compared to the past seasons.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
I would have gone for Vecino-Borja-Eriksen
Fair enough I wouldn't mind that midfield if Conte goes with it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts