Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucio in a late strike scored against Liverpool:( :( and put teh germans in the semis.

Pity for Liverpool,:( :( :( :( :( :depress:

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...dramatic game. The one going to the semis changed back and forth during the game. And then Lucio hammered it in in 84th minute to move Leverkusen into the semis. Good team, this Leverkusen and also surprising how coach Toppmöller turned them into winners. He himself was regarded kinda over and done by quite some already before he got this top job. Now he's CL semifinals coach.......

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i din't see the game. ESPN here in america seems to have stopped the coverage...at least in my TV:devil: :devil: :devil:

Although i have seen many games of Dortmund and Leverkusen and they are 2 very good teams. As Franca is joining them, next year they might get even better results! Depends how he adapts to the country, cause football wise he's up there with any center forward in the world.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Lucio scored this weekend for Leverkusen which I saw the highlight on the Fox Futbol Show and boy was it amazing! I agree with the people that say sometimes he gets forward and forgets about his defensive roles and dutys...so if he had not dribbled past the defenders they could have had a dangerous counter attack but the guy is putting the ball in the net latelly! i'm impressed! :eek:

Luico will play a vital role in our quest to lift up our fifth world cup, i hope he continues to play well and keep up this good form coming into the Copa del mundo. ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Lucio has the quality to play as striker, too!
He is the best defender in the world!
This guy is amazing, try to watch the goals!

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Don't mind me, but are you a Bayern Munich fan or a Bayern Leverkusen fan? :jester::)

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
This guy is simply incredible. He knows no fear and hammered the ball through Dudek's legs...:D
Then he showed a shirt saying "100% Jesus"...:)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Whoa, I am really starting to think differently about Lucio since I didn't know much about him back then but he's starting to really catch my eyes as a world-class striker and he was really close to signing for Roma, almost a huge mistake made by the new Selecao Brazillian superstar. :)

He's gonna become a huge prospect these days if he performs up to his potential, and if he continues to play like he is and stays on-form then I don't know why he won't be able to accomplish that aswell. :D

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Patrick,
Lucio is a reality. When i said he was teh best defender of the year 200 in south america people here in xtratime laughed at my face. Today he is a vital source of goal for a semi finalist of a CL team and is gonna help Leverkusen win the Bundesliga!

Of course he has all this class......he is from my city BRASILIA:tongue: :D :D :D

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
You always remind where the great players were originally born in. ;)

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
There goes my hope for a final between Liverpool and Real Madrid...

ESPN has been getting very lazy with its coverage of the Champions League, Ze. With the old format for the league ESPN showed two matches from one match day, one live and one the following week delayed. With the new format they started showing two matches per week, one live on Tuesday and one live on Wednesday. But now it is only one match every week or two.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
damn...this lucio dude is just incredible...everything talk about how great nesta or samuel are...but people seem to forget lucio... (of course cordoba is great too )... :cool:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I'm really sad that LFC were knocked out :( :( Lucio is a very good defender but Samuel (and this is what is well believed around the world) is amongst the top 3 defenders in the world today and certainly the best defender fromn S.America.

Ze da Fiel said:
Patrick,
Lucio is a reality. When i said he was teh best defender of the year 200 in south america people here in xtratime laughed at my face. Today he is a vital source of goal for a semi finalist of a CL team and is gonna help Leverkusen win the Bundesliga!

Of course he has all this class......he is from my city BRASILIA:tongue: :D :D :D

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...he's a *oma player, Czar, he can't be really good... ;)

CESF

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
czar said:
I'm really sad that LFC were knocked out :( :( Lucio is a very good defender but Samuel (and this is what is well believed around the world) is amongst the top 3 defenders in the world today and certainly the best defender fromn S.America.

I don't think so Czar, if Lucio would play for a hyped $-club like Real Madrid etc., it would be different, "big" clubs make "big" names, no matter if you really that good or not, and Lucio has been the best defender of this years champions-league so far, and no other defender, thats a fact.

Btw., it has been the same with Samuel, nobody talked about him when he was still playing in Argentina ;)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Czar,
my opinion is the same..Lucio is better than Samuel. As Gamarra is better than both of them put together.

But as Samulel is an argy thta played for Boca, you will say he is better!;) :eek: :D

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Lucio has been wanted by Roma ever since this summer and Leverkusen were extremelly close to losing the young Brazillian defender but i am not sure what made him stay. :confused:

Here's an article I cheded out on SoccerAge:

* 04/10/2002. Italian champions AS Roma have again been linked with a move for Bayer Leverkusen's Brazilian defender Lucio.

The attack-minded centre-back has scored two goals in his last two games, including the effort which took his side through to the Champions League semi-finals last night at the expense of Liverpool.

The 23-year-old is a long-time target of Fabio Capello and the Giallorossi actually had a large bid for his services turned down last summer.

The Italian press have also suggested that the club may make a move for Ivan Cordoba, although Inter would surely be unwilling to let the Colombian leave.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Milan must land Lucio, says Maldini

Thursday 2nd May 2002

AC Milan star Paolo Maldini has drawn up a wish-list of defenders he wants at the San Siro next season, with Bayer Leverkusen centre-back Lucio at the top.

"I am so impressed by him. Milan must buy him immediately," he urged. "It's not easy to find experienced, talented players like Lucio and, when you do, you have to get them on board."

Maldini could be the last defender from Milan's golden era still at the club next season if Alessandro Costacurta cannot overcome his injury problems.

Franco Baresi and Mauro Tassotti are long-since retired, of course, and the Italy skipper is on the look-out for players of similar quality whom Milan can build their Serie A title tilt upon next year.

"Fabricio Coloccini is doing great things with Alaves. He is on loan from us, but has shown he is ready for AC Milan. Adama Sarr is probably a bit young. He has excellent qualities, but needs time to grow up.

"I also hope that Francesco Coco comes back from Barcelona and I still regret that we lost Christian Panucci. I believe the club were in too much of a rush to sell him," he said.

Milan are still in the running for a place in the Champions' League, despite another disappointing season, and victory on the final day would put them in a strong position to achieve that goal.

"We have to beat Lecce and that's not impossible," said Maldini. "We have made a long and tiring recovery, so it could be a pity to stop now.

"We must beat Lecce and, at the same time, support Brescia against Bologna. If we finish in fourth position, we will salvage our season," he added.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts