Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Milan is offering Bayer Leverkusen Serginho, Contra or Roque Junior plus 20 Mio. Euro for defender Lucio.
_________
from sport1.de

IMO RJ + 20 Mio. is not too much!
But Lucio said he wants to play at Real Madrid, if he moves.
The most likely scenario seems, that he will stay one more year at Leverkusen and will then move to Real for big$$$

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Bayer to keep Italian target Lucio Monday 22 April, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan and Roma look set to miss out on Bayer Leverkusen star Lucio after his club confirmed he would not be sold this summer.

Reports in Germany claim that Bayer officials are unwilling to sell the 23-year-old stopper despite reported interest from the two Italian clubs and Real Madrid.

The central defender has sparkled for the German side this term both at home and in the Champions’ League.

But the Bundesliga outfit are set to have talks with Lucio in a bid to keep him until his contract expires in 2005.

Milan were set to make a £16m offer, while Roma wanted the player with Aldair, Antonio Carlos Zago and possibly Jonathan Zebina set to leave this summer.

Lucio was a transfer target for Inter last summer. He joined Leverkusen in the summer of 2000.

channel4

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
I call that offer for b...s..t.

I see better quality defenders for lower prices than that. Defenders that have realised that their job is not dribbling. ;)

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
Just saw Lucio in teh Man-lev game ... Amazing player I have to admit. Strong powerful reliable good in one on one , drible passing game ... everything. I won't be unhappy to see him in Milan I have to say ...

·
Registered
13,857 Posts
He seems to be vey goos fowhat I´ve seen. But I´d like to sse him on midfield actually. With his great dribbling and pace he reminds me of Thurama bit.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have to admit that Lucio would be a fantastic buy, he's got it all. He is an amazing player. I don't give a **** about Roque Junior...he may leave. Serginho has had his fine moments, but if we get Coco back, I can't see his place in the first team. Contra shouldn't leave IMO.

Let's get rid of that Roque Junor guy and pay some big $$$ and get some real world class defender :)

ok ;)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Buy him

He can dribble all he wants, to me he is 4 times the defender Roque is.....

LUCIO.......LUCIO

i can already hear it in the San Siro

Lav

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Real Madrid has target the Brazilian with the player and his agent making comments to the press how he would like to join the merengue.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Serginho, Contra or Roque Junior + 20 M. Euros for Lucio.

Galliani is crazy.

Trade 2 players of you our starting 11 for Lucio will be crazy.

Let's focus Cannavaro, not Lucio.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Although many of you seem to be, I'm not all that impressed by Lucio. That isn't to say I think he's a poor player, but like Rijkaard said, we should focus on Canna and if not him, than somebody else. Lucio should be at best a second target, but more realistically a third.

And I also agree that the deal is ridiculous.

·
Registered
775 Posts
ACK CONTRA IS GREAT NO WAY!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Also agree that it is ridiculous deal.

Brazil have never produced any good defender, Andre Cruz, RJ and Serginho are good examples.
I don't see how Lucio can mend the defense next season. We need a more solid defender who is reliable in Serie-A, someone like Cannavaro or Thuram.

I still remember Galliani saying a few months back that Milan wouldn't be buying any more Brazillian unless he is the quality of a Pele.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Lucio is a very good player,I have to admit.He was smashing against United both home and away and kept the dangerous RVN quiet all night.He is physically strong,very strong in the air,reads the game pretty well and his distribution is one of the finest among defenders.He's actually pretty similar to Laurent Blanc(in his prime;))and it ouldn't be bad at all ifMilan could get him but not with the deal thats beingofferd.Thats just waaay too much.Pay $10-12 million and give them that trash a.k.a Roque Junior;).That should keep the Germans happy.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
He is an quality player, but that supposed offer is not an quality offer...

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Milan must land Lucio, says Maldini

A.C. Milan star Paolo Maldini has drawn up a wish-list of defenders he wants at the San Siro next season, with Bayer Leverkusen centre-back Lucio at the top.

"I am so impressed by him. Milan must buy him immediately," he urged. "It's not easy to find experienced, talented players like Lucio and, when you do, you have to get them on board."

Maldini could be the last defender from Milan's golden era still at the club next season if Alessandro Costacurta cannot overcome his injury problems.

Franco Baresi and Mauro Tassotti are long-since retired, of course, and the Italy skipper is on the look-out for players of similar quality whom Milan can build their Serie A title tilt upon next year.

"Fabricio Coloccini is doing great things with Alaves. He is on loan from us, but has shown he is ready for AC Milan. Adama Sarr is probably a bit young. He has excellent qualities, but needs time to grow up.

"I also hope that Francesco Coco comes back from Barcelona and I still regret that we lost Christian Panucci. I believe the club were in too much of a rush to sell him," he said.

Milan are still in the running for a place in the Champions' League, despite another disappointing season, and victory on the final day would put them in a strong position to achieve that goal.

"We have to beat Lecce and that's not impossible," said Maldini. "We have made a long and tiring recovery, so it could be a pity to stop now.

"We must beat Lecce and, at the same time, support Brescia against Bologna. If we finish in fourth position, we will salvage our season," he added.

·
Registered
426 Posts
galliani says he'll try to get one of these 3: Lucio, Nesta, Cannavaro...
I hope he brings both of the Italians sweepers. that will solve all of our problems in the back !
Wishful thinking, I know...

i also heard that there could be a swap between Schevchenko and Figo... Figo in Milan ? i wish...

It looks like Collocini and Coco are back in Milan. good news.

Milan also must offload players.
I hope we get rid of Roque Junior, Umit, Ba, Seginho, Javi Moreno and Jose Mari.

Marco Simone is going back to France.
Billy's career is probably over :(

Anyone knows anything about Redondo ? ;)

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
So next season our defence will be...

Definates
Colloccini
Contra
Costacurta
Helveg
Kaladze
Maldini
Sarr

Might Leave
Chamot
Roque Junior

Might Join
Lucio
Cannavaro
Coco

What's happening with Laursen? I heard he was on loan from Parma...

Things are looking very promising now. If we can re-build our defence, then we have all the aspects of a champion team.

FORZA MILAN!!!

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Lucio is an excellent player, one that I would love to see at Milan. He has impressed me greatly almost every time I have seen him play.

Our defense will get a nice boost next season, anyway, with the return of Coloccini and probably Coco.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts