Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44,343 Posts
Vietto's a really talented player but he's got two weaknesses which are holding him back. He lacks physical strength to be really decisive as a striker and he's really fragile mentally. He can be really good up until the finishing or the final pass and then he squanders everything. Confidence is such an important part of his game. He's not scored a single goal for the past year and that's why he's off. The strange part is that he actually played well in some games but the lack of quality in the final third and infront of goal has been a massive problem.

He's usually best when he gets a chance to play alongside someone who's good at combining, playing small one-two's.

Marcelino didn't really like what he saw from Vietto during his last few months at Villarreal but he's still giving him a chance at Valencia. It's probably worth it but he really needs a proper lift in terms of confidence.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is Vietto a second striker?

Thought he was like a Zaza type but I've not seen him since his Villarreal days.
I don't remember tbh but he said in an interview in superdeporte that he sees himself as a second striker

YEAH CALM THE FVCK DOWN ALRIGHT

Someone restrain him, he's out of control.
I think he'd love getting restrained :)D)

·
¡Ché we can!
5,283 Posts
He linked up well with everyone on Saturday when he came on and was definitely happy dropping in deeper (not sure that suited Rodrigo mind!).

Should have scored at the end though. Definitely the finish of a rusty striker, not even hitting the target with all that time.

·
Registered
33,508 Posts
Need to pad out the squad as well, so Coquelin might not be too bad a signing.

I heard something about Vidal from Barca, he'd be perfect and he's only 28.

Guedes is still a pipe dream I think. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts