Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The FRF are just about to propose a deal to Mircea Lucescu for the NT to replace Iordanescu. According to Romanian media we could find out tomorrow that he has been appointed, but he will most probably also stay as BJK manager aswell, until the end of the season to help them through the UEFA Cup and to win the Süperlig. This will mean much work for Lucsecu with a handful of friendly games and the Cyprus tournament next month to look forward to.

However the Cheif Executive is against the decision and wants Iordanescu to remain boss to see Romania through WC 2006 qualification.

I feel sorry for Besiktas but really really want him at Romania... :)

·
Registered
69,669 Posts
It´s very confusing. I don´t think Lucescu will be the coach of the NT, but it would be nice !

·
Registered
25,390 Posts
Fotbballwise, there's nothing that would make me more happy than to see Lucescu as Romania's coach. However, I also think he doesn't have many chances... :(

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Tolga said:
How much longer does his contract at Besiktas run?

If it doesn't expire at the end of this year, then you'll have mega problems convincing BJK to let him go..
...when I`m not mistaken he has another 2 years at BJK.

Coaching 2 teams??? that would be bad for both teams.. he wouldn`t be able to concentrate on both... although coaching the NT won`t take too much time... but it`s a bad idea

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Esperar said:
...when I`m not mistaken he has another 2 years at BJK.

Coaching 2 teams??? that would be bad for both teams.. he wouldn`t be able to concentrate on both... although coaching the NT won`t take too much time...
Won't take too much time? You don't know how much scouting NT managers do for selections. :eek:
If he is to come, it won't be now though. :(

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Raven said:
Won't take too much time? You don't know how much scouting NT managers do for selections. :eek:
If he is to come, it won't be now though. :(
of course that might take time... but the NT coach doesn`t have to spend every day with the NT players.. only some days before a match they meet and start to train...

·
*the drum drum*
42,531 Posts
NT managers go watching at least 2-3 games a week to watch how their players are performing..

If Luce took on both jobs, he wouldn't be able to was his Romanian players properly, because he'd have to be working with BJK over the weekend..

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The thing is that the president of FRF doesn't want Iordanescu to leave, unlike everyone else. People on the media have all said that Lucescu is the man to rebuild our NT and motivate our players etc. but the president isn't interested.

Lucescu's contract with Besiktas runs until the summer but he has said he is very intrested in managing the NT if a deal is presented. However he has not recieved any offers yet from the FRF (obviously).

Now Iordanescu (current boss) was reported to have signed a new deal until the end of 2005 by Mircea Sandu (FRF president) but this is a lie, Iordanescu's contract is expiring aswell, and he may move to the UAE where he has had offers.

If anybody has any sense, they should sack this lier and appoint Dumitru Dragomir (president of the league and the guy who wants Lucescu as NT boss more than all of us) as president and he will appoint Luce as manager.

There are a few possibilities:

A. Iordanescu is sacked and Lucescu takes on Romania and Besiktas in parallel until the summer, where he begins outright control of Romania so Besiktas need a new boss.
B. Iordanescu stays on until the summer until Lucescu leaves BJK and is appointed manager.
C. Iordanescu and Luce both extend their deals at their present jobs and everything stays as now.

This all depends on the FRF. If the FRF want, Lucescu will be NT boss tonight. The fact is that the guy who decides doesn't, and unless he is overpowered by the rest of the FRF option C is most likely. However if Iordanescu doesn't sign (for the same reason he hasn't signed upto now like was reported) then we will need a new boss, Lucescu hopefully being second choice.

Anything is possible... :eek:

·
*the drum drum*
42,531 Posts
IT sounds a lot like the Turkish Federation..

We have a stubborn president and NT manager, who only have the support of eachother..
The only difference is, we don't have a manager in mind to take over the NT (we have several in mind, actually :D)..

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Tolga said:
NT managers go watching at least 2-3 games a week to watch how their players are performing..
Sounds like an awesome job to me...;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts