Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is on trial with Heart of Midlothian. I'd like to ask what sort of player he is and if he is good. Thanks

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Lukasz Madej will be 23 this year but he has already won several important trophies. First, he is U-18 European Championships golden medalist from 2001 (Poland finished as the runners-up two years before, with Madej in squad). Second, he won Polish Cup and Supercup with Lech Poznan last season.

He joined the team I'm a fan of two and a half years ago, being considered as a huge talent. He adjusted quickly in new milieu. Madej can play at virtually every offensive position. When he came to Lech we were lacking right midfielder so the right wing became Madej's ;) He was probably our best player in 2002/03 season and was admired by the supporters. Good technique, spectacular dribblings, nice offensive runs.

Next months were less successful for him. He started to complain about almost everything. He was making impression of being unhappy in Poznan. Also, he didn't play too well. That's why the fans would welcome his departure. His contract expires in June and Lech are desperately looking for a buyer.

I want to clarify that Madej is, in spite of all, a player of great potential. As I mentioned, he's got high individual skills, good vision, quite accurate crosses. The problem is Lukasz's physical abilities do not predispose him to play in Scotland or England in my opinion. Two, three hard tackles and he can be easily discouraged to play. Oh, and he sometimes forgets about defence.

In a recent interview, Madej claims that Hearts' manager is satisfied with what he's shown but he also says that he needs to reconsider the move, choosing the best solution for him and his family.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kicker.

Madej sounds promising and a right winger would be an excellent addition to our squad. Perhaps a move to Scotland might strengthen him up a bit? This seems to happen to quite a lot of foreign players, but again, the Scottish league isn't quite as physical as it was 5 or so years ago, as most teams have players under 22 playing from them.

Just out of interest, how do you pronounce his second name?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Heartsfan said:
Just out of interest, how do you pronounce his second name?
Mad-ey - to pronounce it properly you need to didvide it into two parts as if "mad" was a separate word and then you continue with "ey" :D

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
There was talk of him moving to Wisla Krakow but that fell through. He's got potential and I hope he does well at Hearts.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Lukasz Madej career-stats:

03/04 Lech Poznan 24-3
02/03 Lech Poznan 27-1
01/02 Ruch Chorzow 15-0
00/01 LKS Lodz
00/01 Ruch Chorzow 10-0
99/00 LKS Lodz 15-2
98/99 LKS Lodz 3-0

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Madej won't play in Scotland. He said he was not ravished by the level of football presented in the SPL. He also admited to be unprepared to play straight away and, as a result, his move to Hearts would be pointless at the moment. Madej claims he may sign to Hearts from June, when his contract expires, but he'd rather consider a transfer to one of Polish teams.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts