Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cristiano Lucarelli has promised to stay with Parma into next season, even if the Crociati are relegated to Serie B.

The Azzurri marksman was a hero at hometown club Livorno, but left for Shakhtar Donetsk before returning to the peninsula to face a relegation dogfight with Parma.

The Ducali are in the drop zone as they travel to a Fiorentina side desperate to regain fourth place and the shadow of relegation has fallen on the Stadio Tardini.

“Sunday is a decisive game for Serie A and for all Crociati fans,” Lucarelli stressed.

“We are hoping for other results to help us, but it will be difficult. We need to do our bit and just think about winning.

“You can’t judge Fiorentina on what has happened over the last week – you need to look at them as a whole. They are a great side who haven’t had a downturn.”

If Parma were to lose their Serie A status, Lucarelli would be expected to jump ship, but the 32-year-old has pledged his future to the Emilia-Romagna outfit.

“If we did go down, I would feel responsible and wouldn’t have any problem with staying,” he claimed.

“It would be up to the club to decide those things. I have spread my wages out already, it would be tough to do so any further.”

Lucarelli concluded by discussing his beloved Livorno, who seem doomed to life in the Cadetti.

“I don’t want to pass judgement on what happened in Bergamo last weekend and now I have to think about my team, that is Parma, because we are in enough trouble,” he said.

“But if Livorno were to go down I would expect them to come straight back up.”

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
“It would be up to the club to decide those things. I have spread my wages out already, it would be tough to do so any further.”
Lucarelli is a rare breed of footballer in the modern day, and I admire that. I am still not so sure he would stay though.

I'm a little confused on what he says in the part I have underlined. Any ideas?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Lucarelli is a rare breed of footballer in the modern day, and I admire that. I am still not so sure he would stay though.

I'm a little confused on what he says in the part I have underlined. Any ideas?
If he gets the same salary in B, he will stay. I think he is not willing to accept a further cut.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if the fat man will continue to pay for him he will stay, to be honest as lkong as gihardi continues to back the club and zemanga is replaced by someone a little more savvy there is no reason that if we went down we wouldn't come straight back up.

anyway forza lucarelli

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
I agree with Valdrin.

He knows he's been a failure for us, by that I mean he has not
matched the expectation we had of him, to get around 10 goals
and help the club out of the relegation zone.

So he's making this empty gesture.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
We'll see if it is empty or not in the coming months. Do you think that even if he wanted to stay that if someone puts in a bit that the Fatman won't sell, really?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts