Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After scoring 4 goals against Parma do you think the NT should start Lucagol with Gilagol upfront? or would you rather save it for Cassano?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
hard to tell.... we have to see if he's still performing this well next year...

remeber pippo inzaghi in 2003? he won the champions league almost by himself,
and a year later he was injured for almost the entire season....(and this season as wel :) )

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Great Outdoors said:
Why 2006? I say bring him on now for the qualifiers!
Good idea, play him few qualifiers and see how it goes from there. It will be tough to say what kinda of form the player will be in around the world cup time. As anything can happen injury, form dip, etc.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Well, obviously if he is to be even considered for WC 2006, Lucarelli has to be tested in a few qualifiers and I think he has to be given a chance.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Right now Italy has 3 target men in superb form (Gilardino, Lucarelli, Toni). Also another 2 who I still regard as quality as welll (Vieri and Montella)

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Well Lippi is using the idea of qualifiers for the starters and friendlies for people to see if they can cut it internationally. Since he has never been called up, maybe calling him to some friendlies would be a good idea and see how he does.

We also should consider that he is 29 almost 30 I believe.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
If he is only to be tested in friendlies, he'll have to wait until next season. The only match we have left is the WC qualifier in Norway in June.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Age is not a factor. I hate how people use it as a factor.

To win a world cup you must select your best 23 players. Or your best 2 players for every position, no matter if they are 18 or if they are 35.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i would think lippi will play a creative support striker, ie. cassano, next to gilardino, especially if he'll continue this 4-4-2 formation. we need creativity.

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Deano said:
Right now Italy has 3 target men in superb form (Gilardino, Lucarelli, Toni). Also another 2 who I still regard as quality as welll (Vieri and Montella)
Again with your Vieri ****. Terrible season, terrible matches, always benched and rightfully so. Won't feature again in the NT I believe. Montella also seems to be taking a doze of sleep as of late, and Cassano had an abysmal season, but hey - can't blame them.. what with Roma being relegated and all. Del Piero is back to his best, judging from today, that's for sure. :hopefull: :stuckup:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Yes. :thmbup:

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
No i think it should be GILA_CASSANO, that's better!!
We want young blood..

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
urrr no..we want 2 players that will do the job...youth isnt necerserraly the way..it rarely is..

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
yeah...except when you can actually play youth isnt why they are getting picked for the NT.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
No. Lucarelli is not good enough. There will always be competent scorers in every league who has a certain role within their team, and manage to score bundles.

The fact that Lucarelli has scored 6 goals in two matches characterized by atrocious defence does not make him a grade A player. He's a good tank for a small team. Sure. But that is it.

There are several better options also for back up, and Luca Toni for instance would be very much justified in having fits of rage seing Lucarelli called over him.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts