Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucarelli has Azzurri dream Thursday 16 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Livorno’s Cristiano Lucarelli admits that he hopes to win the approval of Italy boss Marcello Lippi.

"I do think about an Azzurri call but it isn’t a priority for me," said the striker who has now netted nine in 14 games.

"My first objective for this season is to make sure that I give my best to keep Livorno in Serie A."

The former Torino ace has made a sensational start to the season and scored twice in the 2-0 win over Parma on Sunday.

Meanwhile, Vincenzo Iaquinta of Udinese is also hoping to catch the eye of the former Juventus tactician.

"I’m feeling in really good shape at the minute, it is definitely the best period of my career," said the forward.

"I hope to see my name included in the squad for the next game in February because I believe that I could be a part of the set-up."

channel4

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Everyone wants to wear the blue shirt.. it can only be a good thing. :)

I think Lucarelli deserves a call-up. Iaquinta is playing well and scoring regularly but still has a bit to do I feel.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Iaquinta is playing well and scoring regularly but still has a bit to do I feel.
what?

I think here people have never saw an Udinese game this year! Iaquinta is a different player ,anymore the player that was before. He's doing great,scoring an playing for the team. What more have to do?
Going near to die so people will have compassion of him and will say he deserve to be called?

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Arianna said:
what?

I think here people have never saw an Udinese game this year! Iaquinta is a different player ,anymore the player that was before. He's doing great,scoring an playing for the team. What more have to do?
Going near to die so people will have compassion of him and will say he deserve to be called?
Ari: Don't worry I like Iaquinta too (I have him as my main striker in Toni's Fantasy League!) but I think it will be tough for Lippi to call him because his style is very similiar to Gilardino's which will make it difficult to have two attackers in the team that are so similiar. I think for the NT it's to do with styles and not how good a player is.. Lucarelli is a bit different because he is much stronger physically which might be an alternative option for Lippi?

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Many italian strikers 'showed up' this season... I mean Lucarelli, Caracciolo, Toni, Montella, Gilardino, Miccoli, Iaquinta even Cipriani, theyr all having good season, so its not that easy to pick starters...just depends which one Lippi likes more :neutral:

this is good for NT, having all those options for attack + including DelPiero, Cassano, Vieri, Totti

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It's so hard for Lippi Lucarelli and Iaquinta deserve a call up for their fantastic consistant forms this season,Not to leave out Di Natale and di Michele also.But that's why it's such a hard job fo the ct to pick the squad.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Lucarelli has always been a good goalscorer and returned back to his old ways,other's who have come back are Arturo Di Napoli and Nicola amoruso.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
The competition for places is so tight,If he got an opportunity it would be nice along with Iaquinta.

·
Registered
46,341 Posts
Right now we are full of center forwards who are from average to good. Indeed I prefer Lucarelli to both Corradi and Toni, but my favourite is Cipriani. I hope that he will score more cause my opinion is that he is by far the most skilled of all.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Toni can hold the ball up very nicely and is capable of making some good passes as seen in the Cagliari game today. Cipriani I have to see more of and to be honest I am not sure if he is better than Corradi.

·
Registered
46,341 Posts
Zangari_Italia said:
Toni can hold the ball up very nicely and is capable of making some good passes as seen in the Cagliari game today. Cipriani I have to see more of and to be honest I am not sure if he is better than Corradi.
Well, see him more then, you'll notice for sure that the ball control of Cipriani is very good, while Corradi can hardly use the feet. ;)
It's a pity that Cipriani seems to have the same goal per game ratio of Corradi, but I think he will explode sooner or later. Even Vieri had low goal per game ratio in the first part of his carreer. Cipriani is just 24 and a very bad injury stopped his growth.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
I would love to see more of Cipriani to judge. For now though he's still an unknown talent for me. I don't get to see much of him.. crap cable TV. :(

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Well, see him more then, you'll notice for sure that the ball control of Cipriani is very good, while Corradi can hardly use the feet. ;)
It's a pity that Cipriani seems to have the same goal per game ratio of Corradi, but I think he will explode sooner or later. Even Vieri had low goal per game ratio in the first part of his carreer. Cipriani is just 24 and a very bad injury stopped his growth.
very good point Tone,corradi is a good striker but not as talented with his feet.Before his Injury Cipriani was firing.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Corrardi will only be considered a good striker or at the very least good enough for Italy when he stops wasting 90% of his oppourtunities. Then and only then should he play for Italy again.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Zangari_Italia said:
Corrardi will only be considered a good striker or at the very least good enough for Italy when he stops wasting 90% of his oppourtunities. Then and only then should he play for Italy again.
kind of ike Del Piero except DP waste's 95% of his chances. :tongue:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts