1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Incredible.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan28p.html

Lucarelli's Parma 'hatred'

Cristiano Lucarelli has handed back the captain’s armband at Parma after a row with fans. “There was hostility and hatred from my first day.”

The former Livorno legend is their current top scorer in Serie B and his brother Alessandro also plays for the Ducali.

However, some sections of the crowd have accused him of dominating the locker room and Coach Francesco Guidolin’s choices.

“I had never been considered a problem within a squad or in any case a player who it is difficult to remove from the field,” slammed Lucarelli.

“Seeing as I want to make decisions easier for everyone, from now on I am no longer the captain of Parma.

“There was hostility and hatred from the first day I arrived.”

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
He makes a mistake, he came as a hero. He played bad, didn't score, he gets critics in an article which IMO was correct. Now he's pissed and says everyone is against him, where is his selfreflection?

MORRONE CAPITANO! Paloschi-Vantaggiato upfront.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Good. Now lets remove the fat fvck from our squad. Unless we can fit wheels on his boots then Lucarelli is done for Parma. I am sure we can still get a club in Serie A to take him from our hands - I heard Torino was interested.
Lets make a cheeky loan bid for Balotelli until the end of the season.

I echo Crociati's comments, Morrone for capitano!

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
He came in with huge hope and anticipation, we were all excited by his signing. He's just been utterly pish. He has no one to blame but himself.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
I think people are being very foolish and incredibly harsh on Lucarelli here. Everytime something slightly bad happens an unbelieveable amount of animosity is shown to the person in question.

E.G

Everyone went completly beserk at Beretta being manager and if it had been for the fans on XT he would be 5 foot under by now. End Result he put us the highest in the leauge we have finished in years.

Ghiro: Constantly gets criticism from the people on here about his poor decisions. Now look at it here this guy SAVED our football club, at least now we can talk about football at the weekend and not if we will be playing at the weekend. This guy has signed the likes of Rossi, Ranieri and now Seire B's top scorer in Vantagiatto, yet he would still be deemed as a poor owner and a disgrace.

Transfers:

How often have we heard for the head of Berta and Zamagna. HOW MANY? All the negative transfers get completly destroyed yet when we sign complete gems like Rossi who kept us up no one ever says "good job zamagna".

People football

It always makes me laugh how fickle people can be when making a judgement on players. For example everyone is ALWAYS asking to play a youth keeper or leandro martinez and were all devestated at the loss of DD and Ciga. Fact is they only get such good press because they are young and "exciting" if we signed a 19 year old unproven Brazilian and he scored in his first game people would be calling up tissue companys left right and center. If we sign a standard italian 28 year old striker and he scores people forget all about it.

I always remember the jokes about Kutuzov and how much of a disgrace he was for getting drunk once. Fact is he was wanted by many clubs in Serie B and their management know more about him than this whole board put together i would imagine. The guy scored goals last season in this leauge and was just completly criticised for us. Same with Ruopolo and Dedic etc all "utter shite" on this website and then do well elsewhere.

Now onto the point with Lucarelli it makes me completly sick how people just destroy him into the ground. No one likes Lucarelli for 3 reasons.

1) He is old and a bit fat
2) He has a history with Livorno
3) He is NOT Cristiano Lucarelli of 3 years ago.

This guy is 3 goals behind the top scorer in Serie B. Sure its mainly all penalties but a penalty is exactly the same as having a chance in a game. Scoring a penalty is about 60% chance you will score. Lucarelli has nailed all 7 pens this year something I would say any footballer would find hard. As captain he led this team to around 15-18 games unbeaten and has maintained the club in the top 5 of the leauge.

Yet he is worthless.

Paloschi gets NO criticism hardly at all yet he has missed sitters all season and has been a huge let down. We paid a lot of cash for him but you know why he gets no criticism? Because its easier to criticise a fat guy with a bigger reputatio than a young guy who we all want to believe in.

Im not in a great mood tonight but it always annoys me when people just constantly criticse this team. WE ARE NOT IN SERIE A, WE ARE NOT GOING TO SIGN FANCY PLAYERS.

Deal with it, this season has been awsome for us we are in a great posision and FG has been SUPERB, yet how come there is a 100 times more criticism for a guy with 10 goals and our leading scorer than praise for the best manager we have had in years?

WHY?

Because its easier to complain.

Sorry for this rant the Pittsburgh Steelers who make Bologna look like a timid *****cat made me lost out to £70 quid tonight i just get fed up with the constant negativity and insults on this board.

As for Parma

Great manager
Great transfer campaign lost no key players gained Serie B's top scorer.
Great win at weekend
Superb posistion in the leauge

Lets GO PARMA!!!!!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Excellent words by Talent, I have nothing to add to it.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
If only that could all be my signature. :D

I agree mostly with what you say but I do feel that some people have to take the blame for our relegation and whether that be the coach, players or management, some criticism surely was warranted. This season however, it's a different story as we have been proactive and you can see that we are taking the necessary steps to get promoted.

I know there may be a lot of negativity at certain points but this is just born out of sheer disappointment at Parma not being at the level we once were. I certainly think the criticism that Ghiro gets is harsh because he is obviously not the richest owner around but he has put a lot on the line for Parma and he has gone out and bought some quality players. I do feel he can be a bit quick to sack coaches though, (Di Carlo especially) and this is where he is at fault. But as you say, he effectively saved us.

On to Lucarelli. If he really did say those things in that article, then he must leave. He was our captain and as such must lead by example, regardless of any criticism received. I'm not commenting on his actual performances but rather criticising his attitude. I think we cannot be too harsh on him when it comes to his playing because he is clearly not the player he once was, yet he still tries. This cannot be questioned. His attitude, however, can.

Just another comment, I think it's alright to mock Ghirardi, Kutuzov, Lucarelli etc for being fat and all that, because it is all good-natured teasing and not supposed to be a serious insult. But most of what you say is true, we need more positivity and unity.

FORZA PARMA!

(I wrote this hungover, so if it doesn't make sense, I am sorry.)

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I wish we were all as great fans as Parma Talent and did everything the way he does.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Today Lucarelli behaved bad at the training session. Guidolin told him that he cant behave like that, so he left the training and hit the showers way before the session was over. ****. As punishment he is not in the squad for the game against Ancona tomorrow.

Fúcking big baby, we should have sold him during january.

·
Registered
24,064 Posts
Scoring a penalty is about 60% chance you will score. Lucarelli has nailed all 7 pens this year something I would say any footballer would find hard.
you must be pretty worthless to only nail 60% of penalties. Admit that you pulled that statistic from your ass.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Last year I saw him play for Parma against Genoa, one thing was obvious, the team weren't up to speed with him. Time and time again he would see the midfielder get the ball, start making a run and then despair because the ball would have gone sideways or backwards. He's shown a fighting spirit and stuck with us in B. There's no doubt he could have stayed in Serie A.

What's hacked him off exactly I don't know, and unless you're Guidolin or in the squad then I doubt you know what is really going on. Yes we have lots of attacking options, but we're not scoring enough goals and that's not necessarily the forward's fault. The window is now closed so we can't sell him and he's stated he wanted to get this team back in Serie A. It's time for Guidolin and him to be adults and work out wtf the problem is and deal with it.

As long as he's getting paid by this club he has a duty to follow the instructions of the manager.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
you must be pretty worthless to only nail 60% of penalties. Admit that you pulled that statistic from your ass.
He's English, I'd say 60% of penalties scored should be enough to get him into the English side for any future knock-out tournaments they are involved in :D

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
do you think he didn't go in the transfer window as he knew he would not get the royal treatment nor the pay cheque he gets at parma? He really needs to go, regardless of his abilities, as his attitude is unacceptable.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think people are being very foolish and incredibly harsh on Lucarelli here. Everytime something slightly bad happens an unbelieveable amount of animosity is shown to the person in question.

E.G

Everyone went completly beserk at Beretta being manager and if it had been for the fans on XT he would be 5 foot under by now. End Result he put us the highest in the leauge we have finished in years.

Ghiro: Constantly gets criticism from the people on here about his poor decisions. Now look at it here this guy SAVED our football club, at least now we can talk about football at the weekend and not if we will be playing at the weekend. This guy has signed the likes of Rossi, Ranieri and now Seire B's top scorer in Vantagiatto, yet he would still be deemed as a poor owner and a disgrace.

Transfers:

How often have we heard for the head of Berta and Zamagna. HOW MANY? All the negative transfers get completly destroyed yet when we sign complete gems like Rossi who kept us up no one ever says "good job zamagna".

People football

It always makes me laugh how fickle people can be when making a judgement on players. For example everyone is ALWAYS asking to play a youth keeper or leandro martinez and were all devestated at the loss of DD and Ciga. Fact is they only get such good press because they are young and "exciting" if we signed a 19 year old unproven Brazilian and he scored in his first game people would be calling up tissue companys left right and center. If we sign a standard italian 28 year old striker and he scores people forget all about it.

I always remember the jokes about Kutuzov and how much of a disgrace he was for getting drunk once. Fact is he was wanted by many clubs in Serie B and their management know more about him than this whole board put together i would imagine. The guy scored goals last season in this leauge and was just completly criticised for us. Same with Ruopolo and Dedic etc all "utter shite" on this website and then do well elsewhere.

Now onto the point with Lucarelli it makes me completly sick how people just destroy him into the ground. No one likes Lucarelli for 3 reasons.

1) He is old and a bit fat
2) He has a history with Livorno
3) He is NOT Cristiano Lucarelli of 3 years ago.

This guy is 3 goals behind the top scorer in Serie B. Sure its mainly all penalties but a penalty is exactly the same as having a chance in a game. Scoring a penalty is about 60% chance you will score. Lucarelli has nailed all 7 pens this year something I would say any footballer would find hard. As captain he led this team to around 15-18 games unbeaten and has maintained the club in the top 5 of the leauge.

Yet he is worthless.

Paloschi gets NO criticism hardly at all yet he has missed sitters all season and has been a huge let down. We paid a lot of cash for him but you know why he gets no criticism? Because its easier to criticise a fat guy with a bigger reputatio than a young guy who we all want to believe in.

Im not in a great mood tonight but it always annoys me when people just constantly criticse this team. WE ARE NOT IN SERIE A, WE ARE NOT GOING TO SIGN FANCY PLAYERS.

Deal with it, this season has been awsome for us we are in a great posision and FG has been SUPERB, yet how come there is a 100 times more criticism for a guy with 10 goals and our leading scorer than praise for the best manager we have had in years?

WHY?

Because its easier to complain.

Sorry for this rant the Pittsburgh Steelers who make Bologna look like a timid *****cat made me lost out to £70 quid tonight i just get fed up with the constant negativity and insults on this board.

As for Parma

Great manager
Great transfer campaign lost no key players gained Serie B's top scorer.
Great win at weekend
Superb posistion in the leauge

Lets GO PARMA!!!!!
Nate, 2 or 3 months ago i would have totally agreed with you, and i remember getting slated for supporting Cristiano when everyone else was raping him.

But now, i'm afraid he's gone way too far. His actions to the press and his team-mates have been completely unproffessional and childish. And furthermore, there is no doubt in my mind he had control of the dressing room and Guidolin wouldn't substitute him when he clearly needed to.

I have hardly stopped having a go at Paloschi since he joined so i agree with you 100% there that some people seem to think he's god (in my opinion, he scored one crucial goal for Milan and suddenly he's the new Beppe Rossi). Though i will say, against Albinoleffe in the second half he was incredible.

And the thing that tops it off for me, is that against Albinoleffe, the team looked fresh, re-newed and eager without Cristiano. Vantagiatto is twice the player Cristiano is and so I think it's time he moved on.

Though I also agree with you about the penalties. 7 out of 7 is very impressive and we should be very grateful for his service to us in that sense.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts