Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think it's fair to say that when AS and Marca agree on a projected transfer, it means there is likely to be an element of truth to the story.

According to Marca, Fabiano's lawyers met Calderon and Mijatovic at the Bernabeu yesterday and informed them their client is indeed available for just €11m. Fabiano is having an unbelievable season at Sevilla with 26 goals in 32 games (all comps). He is the current Pichichi of Spanish Football with 20 goals.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/real_madrid/es/desarrollo/1100206.html

Full name: Luís Fabiano Clemente
Date of birth: 8 November 1980 (Age 27)
Place of birth: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Height: 1.83 m
Position: CF

------------------------------------------

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I agree, I think we're going to sign him.

11 M Euros is a ridiculous bargain.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think anyone can argue with our interest in him at that price. I mean, anytime you have a shot at the Pichichi for 11 mln. euros you have to take a look at it - especially in our case with Ruud's injuries and our lack of cover (Soldado and Saviola are both leaving this summer).

It also makes sense if you consider his age (27-28 for next season), so he has 3-4 more years at the highest level. That's enough time to allow RVN and Raúl to close out their careers and Benzema to develop at Lyon. I definitely want Benzema here in a couple of years.

Raúl, RVN and Fabiano as our forward options for next year? Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Hes a very good striker and he has pace which we are in desperate need of up front. I dont like his personality much though what with his clash with Diogo and other incidents he has been involved in. Hes quite a hot head and his presence in the dressing room may be unsettling.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I know he knows Baptista, but does anybody know what his friendship with Robinho is like?

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am sure he knows Robinho from link-ups at the Brasilian NT. Unfortunately for Fabiano, I don't think Baptista will remain with us for next season. He is one of our dispensable players that has considerable transfer market value.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
i think del nido will not make deal in this easy way

calderon is his bitch

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Place of birth: Changa Manga, Brazil
if his signing is as true as his birth of place then I say they are way off.

He is from Campinas São Paulo, Changa Manga probably does not even exist.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I thought Sevilla owns only a third of Fabiano (something similar to the Tevez/Mascherano case)?
Otherwise, 11M. are a real bargain.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
I agree if Madrid wants they sign them, even if they lack the inteligence when it comes to it :D like signing Baptista as a football player :howler:

Luis Fabiano is a wild card, technically he is one of the best strikers in activity, ball control, speed and finishing are top quality and he is a superb player when it comes to holding the ball in attack. But in a club like Madrid where politics decide the starting lineup its a gamble with such a wild temperament.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
no way look at his record at sevilla before this season in la liga

in 2005 : 5 goals in 23 apps

2006: 10 goals in 26 apps

2007: this season is his first good season

dont want him we will be fine with RVN,RAUL and Saviola with Robinho,Robben, maybe Diego....etc supporting them for 1 more year then we have no excuse but to buy Benzema

We wont buy any class forwards this summer with Rvn and Raul pair convincing Schuster,but we may buy fabiano if saviola's leaving who didnt prove he's a class forward till this moment

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I guess my only concern is that it's his first good season in Europe. He was absolutely horrendous for Porto(so was Diego), and is just now doing well for Sevilla. However, for 11 M Euros, we really can't go wrong and it's a good deal. I just wish Soldado wouldn't go. Get rid of Baptista and Saviola, keep Soldado.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if his signing is as true as his birth of place then I say they are way off.

He is from Campinas São Paulo, Changa Manga probably does not even exist.
I knew he was from Sao Paulo, stupid wikipedia. :mad: I went along with it though as I am no expert at knowing Brazilian villages. I just guessed "Changa Manga" was a district of Sao Paulo or something.

·
Premium Member
12,134 Posts
11M is ridiculous. Sign him! But he's a tough character, I don't think he'd accept a bench role.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
If Real Madrid keep on signing player like Fabiano, Higuain, Metzelder and co than i am not worried at all :)

I remember the days where you bought Zidanes, Figos and Ronaldos :)

·
Administrator
53,290 Posts
Good player, total nutjob though. He will try to eat your players at trainings like Gravesen did.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts