Xtratime Community banner

Who was the Most Valuable Player of the match?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The League is back after a quick NT game against Argentina, here's the list players called up for the game:

Keepers: Roberto & Moreira;

Defense: Maxi Pereira, Jardel, Luisão, Sidnei, Lionel Carole & Fábio Coentrão;

Midfielders: Javi García, Airton, Felipe Menezes, Carlos Martins, Aimar, Salvio & Nico Gaitán;

Forwards: Nuno Gomes, Saviola, Jara e Cardozo

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Fantastic first 30 minutes of the game. Benfica should've been up by at least three goals or so. Sidnei did score eventually through a header on a corner kick but really; Salvio hit the post once, the keeper saved another shot, Saviola missed a great chance which Cardozo should've had as he was in a better position and there have been plenty of other chances so far.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Benfica are suffocating Guimaraes with an incredible pace. The speed of Benfica's attack look to be at its peak. We're very difficult to defend when we circulate the ball with this kind of velocity.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Christ..how did Nico end up hitting the bar from 3 meters range?

Salvio is brilliant tonight. Involved in everything.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Salvio has looked impressive since the very frst game he had. Making us forget Ramires.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
And Gaitan - he's really come on in the last 3 games.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Golasssso!

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Fantastic goal by Aimar. That close control..amazing. Brilliant pass as well.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
The linesman is a Portista :nono:

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
6-0 would have been a fair result.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
First half of the year, I threw this beloved club of mine under the bus. More like Jesus and Javi Garcia. Jesus for always trying to change things when we face a tough test (See Champs League & Porto debacle) and Javi because I think Ramires helped make him look good. Well those 2 things are gone now and watching this Benfica in the segunda volta is just well....mindblowing. :lick:

Their game is so air-tight and beautiful to watch. As Villa Boas put it himself, Benfica is currenly the best team in Portugual at the moment. Now, I don't know if this is a typical Mourinho head game or a sincere gesture on his part but either way who cares. We're playing like we did last year again and it feels great. Too bad we stumbled early on.

I don't know what was a funnier scene today at my local Casa Do Benfica. Celebrating this 90 minute show & victory with fellow Benfiquista's in front of Portistas and Sportinguistas who were also in attendance, or watching those very same Portistas and Sportinguistas hoping for a Benfica loss, only to spend their money on Bifana's, Vinho Verde, or Super Bock's that end up going into Casa Do Benfica's pockets at the end of the day. :D

There's only team that can draw 50,000+ at its stadium against the Fourth best team in the league according to the table, and play them off the grass and score 4 past them...yes 4. I don't care what the official scorer's sheet documented. That team is Benfica! :proud: :cool:

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Best performance by a team in this year league.

Great goals by Aimar and Carlos Martins.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Mentally challenged linesman, good that we weren't dependent from that nerd.
Great match by Benfica! :proud:

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
Best 90 minutes of the season. Outside of Cardozo's penalty, pure brilliance from start to finish.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts