Xtratime Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
1 minute added time :howler:

During the first 30 minutes Académica's players rolled and dived and faked and cried for pretty much the whole time, and the ref gives 1 minute of added time! :howler:

The rest is Quique.
Quique did nothing wrong in this game. The team played well and should have won easily. The ball just wouldn't comply. But that's the problem with falling behind - there no longer any cushion for moral victories.

Overall I think Quique was the least bad of the last 3 coaches. There are glaring weakneses, starting with - and most important in my opinion - Petit's departure. He had a bad (last) season for us and there is no telling if he'd be a shadow of his in-form former self, but not finding a quality replacement for him has been this team's greatest obstacle.

Further, no real winger on the right side, and leo's departure hurt us too. Aimar has had very little influence and has been nothing short of a disappointment. Reyes is an embarrassing diver even by Liedson standards. Quim disappointed us early on with some embarrassment of his own.

Yet, things could have gone a little differently if not for the 3 points stolen from us at the cave. Moments like that can define the season. But alas...

The point here isn't to defend Quique - in the end, there's only a bottom line, not s ummarization of details - but to state that the team is not without glaring weakneses, of which, in my opinion, while coaching is certainly among them, it isn't the most glaring.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Even in the first half the play was overwhelmingly in our favor - David Luiz' miss staring the keeper in the face and the shot that clanked off the post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts