Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

27/03/10 | 20:15 | SportTV
Estádio da Luz​

We're just 2 days away from the match that could decide the winner of the Portuguese League 2009/2010. In case of victory, we'll increase our distance to 6 points and, although we'll still have 6 games to play, the morale boost that a win would give us would certainly put us in a position where only a miracle would take the league away from us.

Saviola is in doubt for this game but, other than him, we're pretty much in full strength. I'm betting on this starting lineup although several variations are just as possible; namely Rúben Amorim for Maxi, Carlos Martins for Aimar or Peixoto for Coentrão.

Quim
Maxi - Luisão - D. Luiz - F. Coentrão
Javi García
Ramires - P. Aimar - Di María
Saviola - Cardozo​

CARREGA, BENFICA!

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Here is an excerpt of an official comunicado from the honourable S.C. Braga:

Este é um clube de Guerreiros, do Minho, fiéis aos seus valores, aos seus princípios, na defesa dos quais lutaremos até morrer, e apesar das injustiças e contrariedades, este espírito vai continuar a guiar os nossos atletas e os nossos adeptos nos confrontos que se aproximam.
Are they serious? Is that club ran by fanatic freaks, or what? It seems like they want to provoque another little pedrada. And what is that, "lutaremos até morrer"? My dear, such morbid and necrophile words can only come from somebody least sophisticated, who even fails to recognize the definite character of death. I hereby solemnly proclaim, that I don't want any player of Benficas squad to fight to death, mainly and obviously because I respect them. But some people don't seem to learn from the tragical incidences that have also overshadowed Portuguese football in the past decade.

I am most shocked by the lamentable conditions at S.C. Braga. Those quoted, gentlemen, are at best the proclamations of hooligans, but by no means those of a professional souvereign club.
What a shame!

---

Apesar disso ... Carrega Benfica!

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
Before this season, I'd say you're taking the message too literally; but who knows. Too much off field nonsense this season between players and fans that needs to be addressed and cleaned up.

The size of this game cannot be understated. A Braga victory would put them back in first, while a defeat relegates them to playing for 2nd. Even a draw keeps them in it with the idea that they would clinch the head-to-head tie breaker.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Naval - Benfica
Benfica - Sporting
Académica - Benfica
Benfica - Olhanense
Porto - Benfica
Benfica - Rio Ave

Braga - Guimarães
Leiria - Braga
Braga - Leixões
Naval - Braga
Braga - Paços de Ferreira
Nacional - Braga

If we look at the calendar, the last games of the season are considerably easier for Braga. Although we could probably get away with a draw, it would certainly be a huge risk to take with games against Sporting and Porto on the horizon.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
We'll be Champions, no worries. :)

Take Guimarães for instance, they're not exactly Braga's best friends and Nacional is a tough team to beat in Funchal. Except for that, the lucky streak of Braga will not last forever :stuckup:, whereas we don't depend on luck and guerilla-methods like others. :star:

Before this season, I'd say you're taking the message too literally; but who knows. Too much off field nonsense this season between players and fans that needs to be addressed and cleaned up.
I know it's not actually to be taken literally, but apart from that, it's still a most disgusting comunicado from a club that (probably) likes to consider itself professional, especially given the fact that some football supporters (everywhere) just obviously lack the ability to understand certain metaphors. ;)
Braga seem to be keen on having their own few supporters in the media as well, with yet another pedrada ... the warriors from the Minho, impressive! :eek:

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
its for sure a must win game! those 6 pts advantage would be key in order to meet our goal of becoming champions, since we still have ahead of us at least two tough games, with sporting and porto

and braga has been proving a tough cookie this season, barely loosing any pts!

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Likely Saviola will not play.

We have porto and sporting but braga have guimaraes.

A 2-0 win today plus a win at naval.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
No Chance for Braga,between 3 to 5 goals...they will score likely one.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Braga is going to get spanked. now that they have to open up, look for the fast break to kill 'em once and for all.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
How they haven't took 3 or 4 yet is mind boggling.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
And it ends 1-0!!!

Only watched the last 15min of this game - due to it being Sunday morning down under and I didnt wake up early enough.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Not the best of games.Saviola,cardozo were poor.....

Ramires mvp as all defense.

Didn't expect to see such a organized Braga side,Domingos is a pig but he
is a good coach.

http://videos.sapo.pt/DorzHzIhsz6tNPVlrDsl

:howler::howler:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Good thing: we won, got the three points and are close to the title

Bad thing: we couldnt score a second goal which would put us even with the head to head with Braga for the season since we lost by 2 there and won by 1 in Lisboa.

Conclusion: 6 games to go and we cannot finish tied with Braga otherwise they have the tie break and will win, can't see us losing that many points though. I also want to see Braga get 2nd spot, they played very well the whole season and deserve.

To the clown saying Forca Braga up top, has his team found the way of of Barreiros yet???? :howler: Seems like Sinama Pongolle finally scored in his own net after being a threat in the first game :D, What a clown this guy is:kiss:

·
Sportinguista
1,344 Posts
Good thing: we won, got the three points and are close to the title

Bad thing: we couldnt score a second goal which would put us even with the head to head with Braga for the season since we lost by 2 there and won by 1 in Lisboa.

Conclusion: 6 games to go and we cannot finish tied with Braga otherwise they have the tie break and will win, can't see us losing that many points though. I also want to see Braga get 2nd spot, they played very well the whole season and deserve.

To the clown saying Forca Braga up top, has his team found the way of of Barreiros yet???? :howler: Seems like Sinama Pongolle finally scored in his own net after being a threat in the first game :D, What a clown this guy is:kiss:
Braga deserve to be champions, they were superior the whole year right up until Vandinho (key player in their team) infamously got an eternal suspension for the tunel incidents:rollani:

anyways hopefully justice is served cold. Sporting to win in da luz, porto to beat benfica and braga win the league on head to head!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts