Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

07/03/10 | 20:15 | RTP1​

Extremely important game tonight as a win will put us 3 points clear of Braga and 11 of Porto. We have some problems with our left flank since Fábio Coentrão and César Peixoto are recovering from injuries and will probably be spared today. Javi García is unavailable due to the two-match ban.

I'd go with the folllowing line-up, resting Ramires that had some physical problems during Brazil's game.

Quim
Maxi - Luisão - Sidnei - D. Luiz
Aírton
Carlos Martins - P. Aimar - Di María
Saviola - Cardozo​

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Good line up, but I'd start Carlos Martins. He's been on good roll. A win is must. And if we get 3, this championship is over.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Duh. You have Carlos Martins inn the lineup! Too much Vinho.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Unstoppable.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
We're killing them. The score is way flattering for poor P.Ferreira. Shoulda had 5 at least.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
I can't wait to get Braga in here. They are going to swallow 8.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like Fábio Coentrão was OK after all. Good thing we rested Aimar and Ramires for the game against Marseille on Thursday.

·
Registered
496 Posts
We seemed to be at half gas today. Can't believe it wasn't another goleada as the first half especially could have been a goal fest, but it's the three points that count! Surely now out of the reach of Porto and in prime position to shut the door on Braga in order to close this championship! Hopefully we saved our a-game for Marseille on Thursday!

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
We seemed to be at half gas today.
Think so? SLB was looking like they were going to pitch a shutout in the 1st half. Credit to Pacos on the goal, but they weren't even sniffing Benfica's end before that. As u noted, chances were taken but Pacos did a good job of preventing a bigger scoreline.

Di Maria creating extreme havoc on the left side is becoming old hat.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Think so? SLB was looking like they were going to pitch a shutout in the 1st half. Credit to Pacos on the goal, but they weren't even sniffing Benfica's end before that. As u noted, chances were taken but Pacos did a good job of preventing a bigger scoreline.

Di Maria creating extreme havoc on the left side is becoming old hat.
Perhaps two thirds gas. I'm not saying they had a bad game at all, but it's unusual that we have been so wasteful in front of goal when opportunities present themselves.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
lol lol

wasnt a penalty sorry, you cant win them all.

Funny coming from a Sporting fan, but then again you're under the large assumption along with many other Sporting/Porto fans that we've cheated our way to the top. I felt like punching one today at the bar. Suddendly, after months of silence from these blokes, they've come out of hibernation acting as if they've won the league.

This Benfica side is class and if you can't see that now then you never will.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Funny coming from a Sporting fan, but then again you're under the large assumption along with many other Sporting/Porto fans that we've cheated our way to the top. I felt like punching one today at the bar. Suddendly, after months of silence from these blokes, they've come out of hibernation acting as if they've won the league.

This Benfica side is class and if you can't see that now then you never will.
Relax man, they still have to visit our Inferno Da Luz, let them talk so that we can laugh later.

4-1 in Alvalade starting two forwards who had scored a combined 0 goals, they'll get it too and that makes it so much sweeter.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Good game,seeing it live is completely different from on t.v.
You see how well the team is organized upfront and how the players know very well where the ball will go.

Di Maria is a class apart from the rest,David Luiz was a beast....

Only Quim looked medoicre,the rest ok,very good.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Di Maria has been sick! $40 MM or bust, this summer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts