Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this testimonial thing has just reminded me of the fact that I'll be seeing the pool in action on sunday in Steve Staunton's/Tony Cascarino's Irish testimonial match. Houllier says he's playing his 1st choice 11 so it could be a nice afternoon in the sun. Good excuse for a few pints downtown afterwards anyway.

X

·
0 Posts
moran's testimonial has ended with a clear victory for l'pool/..

fowler missed 4 easy chances in the 1st 28mins...but later set up a goal for meijer..

scorers-
meijer 2
camara 1
thompson 1

T

·
0 Posts
Looking at it, I think Fowler will be dropped by KK from the England provis squad.

·
Registered
964 Posts
O , great now we start scoring when the games not really important.
I dont think the players play well under pressure.Remember two seasons ago when we struggled to win at Anfield.
Thats also the reason we havent beaten Everton and MU for such a long time.There is to much expected of the players.
Remember when we drew to united and Everton we were completely the best side in the EPL but we strugled against them .
But this only happens in midfield and upfront.The match against Bradford the midfield were always pushed to play the ball back to defence when we should have gone forward like we usually do.

·
Registered
818 Posts
It's only a friendly. Liverpool remained lacking in competitve goals for ages and the trend will not be avert until August.

By the way the last time we played Celtic in a testimonial we won 6-0, I think it was Ian Rush's testimonial.

As for Fowler, give that man a break will ya?

X

·
0 Posts
ok guys although fowler missed those 4 chances..i heard that he's been quite impressive ....

anyway as said earlier on..this is only a friendly...

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I listened to the match on the internet, and Fowlers name was mentioned a heck of a lot, he seemed to be at the centre of everything, and he even set up one of Meijer's goals. Talking of Meijer, why oh why can't he score in the premiership though??????????????? :(

·
Registered
818 Posts
I find Meijer a frustrating prospect to watch. He always impresses in friendly/ reserve games, but when it comes to the Premiership, he fumbled.

Although he didn't have many chances to play, there were really some games in which he missed literally sitters (eg. v Sunderland, which could have made it 2-0 and three points).

With only two goals in the Worthington Cup to show for his efforts, I'm glad he was bought on a free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts