Xtratime Community banner

281 - 291 of 291 Posts

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,937 Posts
He's very bored I guess.

He is friends with Foresta’s manager Selim Benachour, who he played with at PSG and Mumbai City.

Apparently the President of Foresta wants to discuss some potential project opportunities with him.

·
Registered
69,546 Posts
Academica Clinceni and Chindia Targoviste promoted to Liga I this weekend.

Clinceni is a Voluntari or Urziceni kind of club. City and stadium not really prepared for Liga I football. Apparently they have strong links to FCSB.

Chindia has at least some popular support.

U Cluj or Petrolul will play the promotion play-off.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,937 Posts
'Traditional' clubs in Liga II this season and their promotion chances
(by traditional I mean more well-known clubs with important results in the past and/or big fanbases)

UTA Arad: probably the best chance of promotion from the old school top teams, most goals for and least goals against so far this season, 3rd place and 23 points with only 10 matches while most around them have 12 or 13 matches played.

Petrolul: 6th place; 21 points after 12 matches, 14 GF 11 GA. Decent shot at promotion, but it's going to be competitive.

Rapid Bucuresti: 8th place; 20 points after 11 matches, 14 GF 10 GA. Similar chances as Petrolul. I really hope they make it because they are a huge name in Romanian football and belong in Liga I, plus with their fans and owners, there could be some better investment than these smaller clubs that come and go when they reach Liga I and maybe Europe again one day.

Farul Constanta: 9th place; 18 points after 12 matches, 11 GF, 10 GA. They have a shot, but I don't see them being much of a threat. Hagi's former club, would be an interesting rivalry with Viitorul.

FC Arges: 10th place; 16 points after 11 matches, 14 GF 15 GA. Outside chance, but possible. Another classic big Romanian club.

Ripensia Timisoara: 11th place; 16 points after 13 matches, 19 GF, 21 GA. Don't think they have much of a chance; decent goal scorers, but clearly having some defensive issues. Old school success, would be a cool team to see at the top level and as a rival to Poli Timisoara.

Politehnica Timisoara: 16th place; 13 points after 12 matches, 11 GF, 8 GA. Clearly a solid enough at the back, but don't think they will have any chances this season, even though it is early, with the competition. Considered the original 'Poli' rather than the ASU clone (I think). Would be nice to have such a traditional team with a great fanbase back at the top, and Ripensia might offer an interesting rivalry as well someday.

Universitatea Cluj: 17th place; 13 points after 12 matches, 17 GF, 15 GA. Same as Poli Timisoara, don't see them having much of a chance. They've had a ton of draws lately, they haven't won since September 24th when they beat Mititelu's Craiova in the Cup after extra time, and four days before that 4-0 over Petrolul. Who knows, maybe they'll make a revival, but it's going to be tough.

Out of the 'non-traditional' teams with the best chances to promote, there are Mioveni (the most 'traditional' of them) who sit at the top of the table, Turnu Magurele who are managed by Bratu, Metaloglobus, Viitorul Targu Jiu (new rivalry with classic Pandurii after moving from Petrosani), SCM Gloria (reincarnated/new version of Gloria Buzau team).

Imagine a league like this:

FCSB (or maybe Steaua if they comeback one day and actually invest..)
Dinamo
Rapid
U Craiova
CFR Cluj
U Cluj
Viitorul
Astra
Petrolul
FC Arges
UTA Arad
Poli Timisoara
Gaz Metan
Poli Iasi/Botosani

And a Liga II with:

Botosani/Poli Iasi
Sepsi
Chindia
Clinceni
Voluntari
Hermannstadt
Farul
Ripensia
Mioveni
Gloria Buzau
Pandurii
etc

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,937 Posts
Sefer just scored his third goal of the season (and he has two assists in total as well) for Rapid in a big match vs Mioveni.
Only 20 mins passed so far.

I really hope Petrolul, Rapid, and Arges can promote. Looks like UTA Arad have a really good chance too and will probably do it.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,937 Posts
Yeah, though Petrolul need to score more goals.

I thought Mioveni were gonna be title contenders, and they’re still up there surely, but today they got destroyed at home by Rapid (5-1). The latter have had some close losses and chokes but clearly they have a very good team too. I think I remember reading that they had a good investor and brought an Argentine player Roskopf and an Austrian, and of course the young talent Sefer.

Seems Turnu Magurele managed by Bratu, Metaloglobus, Farul, FC Arges are also up there and probably all fight for the podium along with Rapid, Petrolul, and Mioveni.

Then a few points below but also not far off are Poli Timisoara and U Cluj who are interesting. The rest, not so much. But I think they have their work cut out to think of challenging for promotion.

Pandurii are going to relegate to Liga III, Concordia and Calarasi might too.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,937 Posts
My guess (and hope, although I really want Arges up too):
1. UTA Arad
2. Rapid
3. Petrolul

Third I think plays a playoff against one of the Liga I relegation group teams for a spot

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,937 Posts
Also I doubt anyone relegates to Liga IV directly :D
I read this year they just skip Liga III and go to Liga IV :D

Jesus, I’m tired. Didn’t mean to write that lol

281 - 291 of 291 Posts