Xtratime Community banner

261 - 280 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
69,548 Posts
Not him. This one is 21 and played one year for juniors of Grasshopers.

La 15 ani, lui Andrei i s-a ivit ocazia să studieze în Elveţia, la un liceu cu profil de management, care avea şi o academie de fotbal. "Am fost remarcat şi îndrumat către Academia lui Grasshoppers. Dar, după un an, s-a schimbat toată conducerea clubului, iar autorităţile elveţiene nu mi-au mai dat permis de şedere acolo. Aşa că am renunţat şi m-am întors acasă", a povestit jucătorul Stelei.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,943 Posts
Lower leagues talk (Liga II and III) (2017-2018)

I knoew you guys care very much, but Foresta apparently got Florentin Petre as coach.

That guy was one of my favourite wingers back in the day.. one of the few highlights in that France game in WCQ 2010 too

Good luck to him! I am supporting Foresta as a second team I hope they promote buddy, they’re a traditional but smaller club with now serious ambitions

·
Registered
69,548 Posts
Dunarea Calarasi and Hermannstadt already promoted to Liga I.

Chindia Targoviste will play the promotion play-off. Differences between Liga I and Liga II are so high that Liga II teams playing this play-off have little chances.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,943 Posts
Geoflores :)D) scored for U Cluj as they lead 1-0 against Metaloglobus

·
Registered
16,071 Posts
How surprising that he goes to third division

But it's great news that big clubs are making a comeback

U Cluj and Petrolul formed good teams for Liga II

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,943 Posts

I dream of a 16 team Liga I with

U Craiova
Steaua (original)
Dinamo
Rapid
Poli Timisoara
Ripensia Timisoara
CFR Cluj
U Cluj
Astra
Viitorul
Petrolul
Arges Pitesti
UTA Arad
Sportul Studentesc
Hermannstadt (for their cool German throwback name and project :))
Botosani/Poli Iasi/Vaslui/Foresta Suceava? Should be at least one Moldavian club

What an exciting league this would be. Probably very competitive too. Most if not all would likely be well-backed by fans or a half decent owner who hopefully wouldn’t pull what the Unirea owner did if they ever had success beyond just the league.

Anyways, back to reality.. that’s great news and really cool for a non-Romanian of that standard to sign for a big club at a low level but making a comeback! Respect to Matulevicius

·
Registered
69,548 Posts
Don't forget Farul, and their possible derbies against Viitorul.
Vaslui doesn't exist anymore.

In a saludable, well organized Liga I, I wouldn't mind 18 teams. But with all the traditional teams in there.
Or 16 teams and a strong Liga II.

Yesterday, Telekom commentator said that next year the U21 rule will be modified: every team will be forced to play with two U21 players.
Maybe that way some clubs start to care about their youth.

·
Registered
69,548 Posts
My Liga I-II dream project:

Liga I:
16 teams (all traditional or strong teams).
Play off/Play out system.

Play-off: top 6 teams (regular season + play-off games= 40 games each team).
Play-out: bottom 10 teams, play-out only one leg (regular season + play-out games= 39 games each team).

Relegation: bottom 3 play-out teams, directly.

Liga II:
18 teams
Normal regular season system: 34 games each team.

Promotion: Top 2 teams directly. Teams from places 3-6 go to a promotion play-off and the winner will promote.

Relegation: Bottom 3 teams, directly.

·
General Iordanescu
28,169 Posts
Vaslui doesn't exist anymore.

Yesterday, Telekom commentator said that next year the U21 rule will be modified: every team will be forced to play with two U21 players.
Maybe that way some clubs start to care about their youth.
Actually there is a new Vaslui now too, called ASS FC Vaslui. I think they're still in Liga IV.

As for more U21 players, yes, please.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,943 Posts

My Liga I-II dream project:

Liga I:
16 teams (all traditional or strong teams).
Play off/Play out system.

Play-off: top 6 teams (regular season + play-off games= 40 games each team).
Play-out: bottom 10 teams, play-out only one leg (regular season + play-out games= 39 games each team).

Relegation: bottom 3 play-out teams, directly.

Liga II:
18 teams
Normal regular season system: 34 games each team.

Promotion: Top 2 teams directly. Teams from places 3-6 go to a promotion play-off and the winner will promote.

Relegation: Bottom 3 teams, directly.

I can’t believe I forgot Farul.. I had a buddy in high school who’s uncle was involved there, I can’t remember if they were owners or what.

So we’d have the Hagi derby (or Constanta Derby), Eternal Derby, the other Bucharest derbies, Craiova-Dinamo Derby, Cluj Derby, Timisoara Derby, maybe Moldavian Derby.. if Pandurii was involved maybe an Oltenian Derby crazy.

And I like that system. Also U21 rule change is great news! Right now only Viitorul, Craiova, and Dinamo seem to have any genuine care in youth development (in Liga I).. maybe with Poli Timisoara back too. And FCSB gives young players chances now but they buy them much more than develop.. still important as they usually have weight for us in Europe. Also U Cluj and Sportul Studentesc in lower leagues were pretty good with kids.

Besides that, we are relying on very small clubs/academies in lower leagues and youngsters raised abroad. Maybe a lucky one comes out of a random club like Morutan with Botosani (U Cluj important in his raising too), but we definitely more focus and investment on the youth.. is the U21 rule the only way to encourage that?

·
Registered
16,071 Posts
The U21 rule has worked wonders, The U21 and the U19 campaigns, great for our standards, are in much part due to that rule, cause many kids had the chance to develop and have games on their backs.

Excellent that 2 will have to play next season. The rule also includes that team rosters have to include home grown players in an increasing manner, and a U16 team. So the clubs will be forced to improve in that aspect

·
General Iordanescu
28,169 Posts
"Nicolas Anelka a răspuns pozitiv invitației conducerii celor de la Foresta Suceava și va veni în România pentru a da lovitura de start a meciului dintre Foresta Suceava și Bucovina Rădăuți (Liga 3)."

261 - 280 of 291 Posts