Xtratime Community banner

241 - 260 of 291 Posts

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,944 Posts
They should watch out, they might get sent to Oltenia :p

They wish they could only be so lucky to have our leeks :D

On a serious note, we have a beautiful national park, square, and now the Ion Oblemenco Velodrome ;) not to mention R.V. and Cozia

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,944 Posts
Lower leagues talk (Liga II and III) (2017-2018)

R. Valcea? Been there, nothing special. Do you mean Targu Jiu with the Brancusi stuff?

I got the most ghetto looking blue yellow and red Romania ball from there, and a Milan CL ball lol. It's nothing special you're right, Cozia was much nicer. Personally I still prefer Craiova and its outskirts the most in Oltenia.. though I don't think I've been to Targu Jiu as far as I can remember. My grandfather used to go there for work.

Outside of Oltenia I've been around too.. I've been to Buzau, weird place.. bran castle and the sighisoara castles/palaces were really cool. I've never been to Moldavia, Cluj, Timisoara, or even Constanta I don't think. But most place between Bucuresti and Craiova and a bit north/south of there too. Oh wait maybe I was in Timisoara for a very short time.. I went on the Carpatii mountains was ****ing beautiful and insane experience. And those mud volcanos lol. I still want to go to Sibiu Cluj and bucegi. Maybe suceava :p

What are the biggest towns in Moldavia btw, Iasi surely first.. then Botosani and then Suceava?

·
General Iordanescu
28,174 Posts
What are the biggest towns in Moldavia btw, Iasi surely first.. then Botosani and then Suceava?
Population wise?

Iasi 1st <-- quite cool
Bacau 2nd <-- not very interesting, unless you like boring places
then Botosani, Suceava, Piatra Neamt...

Galati is sometimes considered Moldova, then it'd be 2nd. Never been, though.

It's Romania after all so screw the cities anyway (if there are 2 things Romos can't do, it's cities and everything else), go into the mountains ;)

·
Ilie Balaci &#10084;
9,944 Posts
Population wise?

Iasi 1st <-- quite cool
Bacau 2nd <-- not very interesting, unless you like boring places
then Botosani, Suceava, Piatra Neamt...

Galati is sometimes considered Moldova, then it'd be 2nd. Never been, though.

It's Romania after all so screw the cities anyway (if there are 2 things Romos can't do, it's cities and everything else), go into the mountains ;)
lol Bacau so boring I totally forgot about it :howler: well I mean they probably have a decent academy or something there no? Chiriches can't be the only one to come out of LPS Bacau :D

Ahh, yeah Neamt..

lol I intend to go to the Bucegi one day. I've enjoyed the Carpati a lot, maybe go back there at some point too. So many places to visit in Romania alone, question is which first :p

·
Ilie Balaci &#10084;
9,944 Posts
That guy on Twitter, Emishor, has got into contact with a club called Romprim Bucuresti in the 4th division (same as the Army's Steaua, Rapid, Dinamo's new team, etc) to try and have them be owned by a bunch of us on Twitter and Facebook.

Facebook group: https://t.co/469f9twK5r

This is the story about it I'm pretty sure:
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/04/19/sports/soccer/a-romanian-team-that-welcomes-all-if-they-have-the-talent.html
They used to be at AS Fratia (5th division) but now at Romprim where they can use the pitch for free but have financial problems with everything else.
Also, Lema is the only black coach in all of Eastern Europe!

More info and standings here:
http://www.frf-ajf.ro/bucuresti/competitii-fotbal/liga-4-2017-2018-6139.html
https://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liga_a_IV-a_București

So, are you guys in? :)

·
Ilie Balaci &#10084;
9,944 Posts
Real talk. And GICA/RomaniaXT as one of the sponsors. Then we could have a valid platform to give light to our opinions in the media and even pro coaches and such if the team were to reach a higher level. Maybe even help change our football a bit. Or maybe that is too big a dream... then again, Unirea Urziceni, Otelul, and Viitorul (a Hagi project mind you) made CL so these things are not impossible :D with the right management, hard work, diversity of the financial support (and a decent amount of it is very important advantage, investing and working hard enough to get to a point to generate it for ourselves - some clubs do this by building solid academies and selling players, maybe some things in the media, etc).

·
Ilie Balaci &#10084;
9,944 Posts
Tell me they’re streaming it on YouTube or something. I think I’ve seen that some of there were already

·
Registered
69,552 Posts
The quality (of the game) must be atrocious. But there will be surely more fans than in many Liga I matches.

I'll only really care about Rapid and Steaua once they get in Liga II.

·
Ilie Balaci &#10084;
9,944 Posts
It would still be cool to watch though.. they’re valid clubs. To keep tabs on them from the bottom up is like watching a Phoenix rise from the ashes

·
Ilie Balaci &#10084;
9,944 Posts
Lower leagues talk (Liga II and III) (2017-2018)

Amazing atmosphere, beautiful pics and videos were posted.

and actually better level of football than I expected for fourth division. Obviously lots of things missing and the shape of the team and some of the defending seems pretty bad.. but it helps having guys like Pancu even in their old age still have that technique and class

And nice Panenka from Predescu, much better than that horrible attempt Calintaru had in Liga I :howler: didn't he play for Pandurii some time ago, or is that a different guy?

241 - 260 of 291 Posts