Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is important to open up a thread regarding van Gaal's personal record and the players that he wants for Bayern.

Concerning van Gaal, his record is great:

Ajax Amsterdam:

Weltpokalsieger 1995
Champions-League-Sieger 1995
UEFA-Supercup-Gewinner 1995
UEFA-Pokalsieger 1992
Niederländischer Meister 1994, 1995, 1996
Niederländischer Pokalsieger 1993

FC Barcelona:

UEFA-Supercup-Sieger 1997/98
Spanischer Meister 1998, 1999
Spanischer Pokalsieger 1998

AZ Alkmaar:

Niederländischer Meister 2009

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Players that are supposed to be in Van Gaal's plans:

Diego (Bremen)
Stijn Schaars (AZ)

The key aspects that Van Gaal should fix?

1. Right back.
2. Central defense.
3. 4th striker.
4. Ribery's replacement (if he goes).

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
fcupdate.nl said:
RUMMENIGGE: "NO AZ PLAYERS TO MUNICH"

None of AZ's players will follow Louis van Gaal to Munich, the Bavarian club's chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has said.

Stijn Schaars and Sergio Romero in particular have been rumored to make the switch. "Louis van Gaal will not bring any players with him when he comes over here", Rummenigge told Bild Zeitung.

Stijn Schaars has not yet agreed to sign a renewed contract. Romero, however, has. Last month he signed a renewed and much improved deal that ties him to the Alkmaarder club until mid-2012. Any club wanting to obtain his services will have to pay top dollar to get them.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
For some reason I have never been able to like him much, but his record is a good one, and if he can replicate those results at Bayern, then no complaints from me.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
When I read about it, it seemed like it was something major. Judging from the footage however, it seems it wasn't:

[tub]mp95D8ge1b4[/tub]

Apparently some journalist asked why Müller started ahead of Toni, if it was because of van Gaal rating Müller ahead of Toni. Of course Müller started because of Toni's injury and van Gaal said that the journalist should've known that and he stopped the press conference.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
He didn't break it up, they asked if there are more questions and there weren't. ;)

·
Registered
450 Posts
I already like him.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Well, his start to the season is horrible to say the least.

I think one more slip and he may be out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts