Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 695 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12/22/2003. Fulham striker Louis Saha has admitted he wants to join Manchester United when the transfer window opens in January. The Frenchman has been a reported transfer target for Sir Alex Ferguson, although Fulham have stressed they have no interest in selling him.

However, Saha told the Sun: "I cannot say no - United is my dream and I want to go there. It's now Sir Alex Ferguson who needs a striker. In six months the facts of the matter will have changed."

Fulham boss Chris Coleman is confident Saha, who has ten goals this season, will not be leaving the West London club. "You would expect this kind of speculation because Louis is a top player and he is banging the goals in. But he is not going anywhere," said Coleman.

"He is very important to us and he is very happy here and wants to stay. He has two years left on his contract anyway after the end of this season, but we want to offer him a new deal. I have spoken to Louis already myself. We have yet to talk to his agent, but all the signs are good."

soccerage.com

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Saha!

Do you think he'll be a good signing?IMO I think he has great speed and technique and has proven himself in the Premiership, another would be James beattie for a few year now he's proven his Consistency in the top flight.
:)

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
He would be great, but fergie said today that United didnt do anything wrong, and they sent a private bid to Fulham but cuz fulham sent it to the press and because they dont want to sell him, united wont make another bid. So we will look elsewhere. Hopefully we get Luis Fabiano or Alan Smith.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Saha 'not speaking' to Coleman

Fulham striker Louis Saha is not on speaking terms with boss Chris Coleman - and is quoted as saying he will do "everything possible" to leave the club.

The French striker was "appalled" by Fulham's refusal to sell him to Manchester United after Sir Alex Ferguson tabled an £8million bid for his services.

Saha reportedly told Friday's edition of L'Equipe: "I know he (Coleman) did not like what I said - he told me. We have not talked to each other since Wednesday."

Saha, who has been one of the success stories of this season's Premiership with 12 goals, was a largely anonymous figure as Fulham slumped to a 2-1 defeat against Middlesbrough on Wednesday.

The former Metz forward suggested the simmering dispute is to blame.

He said: "Against Middlesbrough I performed one of the worst matches of my career, maybe this was no accident."

Though stopping short of suggesting he will give less than 100 per cent for Fulham, Saha remains convinced he is justified in wanting to leave.

He said: "I will not do anything stupid out of respect for my team-mates, who I really like, but I will do everything possible to leave. An offer like the Manchester one, even Coleman would not turn it down."

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Ferguson criticises Fulham over Saha saga

Sir Alex Ferguson has blamed Fulham for the row over Louis Saha and says Manchester United will not submit another bid for the striker.

Chris Coleman accused United of bullying tactics and insisted that the player will not be leaving during the January transfer window.

Saha claimed he was "appalled" by the manager's refusal to sell him and saying that he wanted to move to Old Trafford.

Ferguson claims Fulham made the problem worse by going public with the news of United's offer.

He said: "We sent them a letter marked private and confidential and they gave it to the Press.

"I spoke to Chris Coleman about the boy at the start of the season and left it there. I never said another word.

"Then we sent them a letter, containing our bid, signed by (chief executive) David Gill, not by Alex Ferguson.

"We did everything right. By sending a letter we did it professionally. There won't be another bid. We don't want any fights. Fulham seem determined to keep the boy so there is nothing we can do about that."

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saha would be an excellent signing for Manchester United. He has scored 15 this season and is very technical and pacey player. He is quite agile and can get a good cross in when he is in the position. I really don't want him to leave because we will have to play Sava or Hayles who aren't half of Saha at the moment.

The Ruud-Saha partnership would build into a great line, one of the best in Europe, with one doing great skillfull work and one smashing in the goals.

I like Saha a lot and I want the best for him, but I can't want Fulham to start losing so I'd want to keep him until the summer at least, where we can get someone really good for his money.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
He would have been a good buy during this transfer break as we need a backup for Ruud.But with Fulham behaving the way they are at present,its highly unlikely that we'll be pursuing the player anymore unless the club themselves contact us again.

In the meantime,I am a bit worried whether the club has decided not to look into other avenues and continue with the batch of players we have at present.Though a formidable bunch,it doesnt allow much lee-way in terms of injuries and thats why its adamant that fergie brings in a couple of players for cover during the season finale.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Saha set to join United

Fulham's Louis Saha has told the Daily Mail he expects to join Manchester United this month.

The Premiership champions have been chasing the 25-year-old since the transfer window reopened and reports suggest Fulham have finally agreed to a £9.8million deal.

Saha told the Mail: "I am very happy now that we are about to complete the deal.

"My dream of playing for United is close to being reality but first I have to complete a medical.

"I have wanted to go to United in my mind for a month and now I know that I must prove I can play in the team there.

"This is a big step up in my career and I know that I will have to show that I'm good enough."

Chris Coleman and Cottagers owner Mohamed al Fayed insisted they would not be forced into selling the forward who has inspired Fulham to the brink of a Champions League place this season.

However, Saha's agent Branko Stoic said yesterday: "Sir Alex Ferguson will not give up on Louis Saha.

"Negotiations are hard but a new, superior bid is coming, and I believe the transfer will go ahead this week."

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
No deal on Saha, say United and Fulham

Manchester United and Fulham have strenuously denied reports that an agreement has been reached over the transfer of Louis Saha.

Fulham are understood to have rejected an £8million bid earlier this month and both clubs were insistent today that there has been no movement on the deal since then.

Fulham spokesman Chester Stern said: "There has been no fresh bid from Manchester United. There is no truth in the story at all."

Saha has told the Daily Mail he expects to join Manchester United this month and and Fulham have agreed to a £9.8million deal.

He told the Mail: "I am very happy now that we are about to complete the deal.

"My dream of playing for United is close to being reality but first I have to complete a medical.

"I have wanted to go to United in my mind for a month and now I know that I must prove I can play in the team there.''

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Chelsea move in for Saha

Chelsea have attempted to steal Fulham striker Louis Saha from under the noses of Manchester United.

Reports that the Frenchman was on the brink of a near-£10million move to the Premiership champions were denied by United and Fulham.

Fulham, according to club sources, would be looking for around £18million before considering letting their star asset go.

Sir Alex Ferguson is understood to be interested in bringing the striker to Old Trafford, but no deal is imminent, even though Saha was quoted this morning as saying he is "very happy" that the transfer has gone through.

Fulham officials say the last bid received from Old Trafford was for £8million 10 days ago - and no fresh offer has been received.

Fulham spokesman Chester Stern told the Press Association: "There has been no fresh bid from Manchester United. There is no truth in the story at all."

United insiders believe Fulham are trying to establish Saha's market value, even though Chris Coleman does not want to lose the player.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nooo! Its bad enough with Manchester UNited, now with Chelsea wanting him aswell there is gonna be a bidding war and one of them will eventually win. :(

I'd hate Saha to go to Chelsea. He won't get any playing time like at Manchester United and will be hated by most Fulham fans. :mad:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Fulham should sell him in their best Interest's,It's clear the player is that disgruntled and want's to go.he won't be playing at his best and will be that frustrated when on the Pitch.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Schumy said:
Fulham should sell him in their best Interest's,It's clear the player is that disgruntled and want's to go.he won't be playing at his best and will be that frustrated when on the Pitch.
I have finally come to realise that myself. Saha said that he will either leave now or at the end of his contract for free, which means an upset Saha for 2 1/2 years, and his value goes down and down. I hope Manchester United pay at least £12m for him. I think thats a reasonable price for the 3rd highest scoere in the Premiership and someone who's future was rated higher than Henry and Anelka a few years ago.

D

·
0 Posts
Saha is a good player but he's nothing special. Manure are spending £10million on a back=up player(1 upfront is Fergie's style now)

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
thats because he plays 3 guys on a free role behind ruud....so its kinda the same

As long as he plays giggsy, scholesy and kleberson/ronaldo behind ruud on a free role i dont mind as all 3 of them attack, but i do not want us to go to the team that we played in oct/nov

with 3 defensive mids (fortune, p neville keano)

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
with ole coming back we will be even more attacking as he is a striker turned to an attacking midfielder.....but who knows if fergie gets another striker (saha) he might decide to turn back to the 442...but as i said in that last post, as long as we have attacking players and not defensive mids i dont care whether its 1 or 2 strikers

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Saha delivers ultimatum

Fulham striker Louis Saha has delivered an ultimatum to the Londoners over his on-off move to Manchester United.
As reports continue to indicate that Chelsea have joined the hunt for the Frenchman, the 25-year-old's mind seems set on a dream switch to Old Trafford.

Having denied making comments to The Mail on Wednesday, which had claimed he was only a medical away from sealing the transfer, Saha has spoken to the press in his homeland.

"Fulham aren't playing it straight," he told Le Parisien.

"As soon as I meet anyone from the club, the conversations stop. One day it's 'yes', the next it's 'no'.

"They're treating me like a product.

"I don't want to end up like Ronaldinho, who didn't go to Manchester United over money.

"It's a financial problem. The club says they prefer to sell me in six months but now I've had enough.

"Either I go at the end of the month or at the end of my contract in 2006. If Fulham like me that much, they'll have to look after me until the end.

"And, in the end, I'll leave for nothing."

Saha seems to be suggesting it is now or never for Fulham if they want to pick up a sizeable sum for his talents. Some reports claim the capital club want as much as £18 million for the ex-Metz attacker.

"At the bottom of it all, I believe in myself," he added.

"Bluffing looks pretty but you can't do it too much.

"I know Manchester United don't want to upset Fulham but my directors are also businessmen.

"When a large sum of money is put on the table, you have to know when to stop playing around or your find yourself with nothing but a frustrated and angry player."

D

·
0 Posts
Drito said:
with ole coming back we will be even more attacking as he is a striker turned to an attacking midfielder.....but who knows if fergie gets another striker (saha) he might decide to turn back to the 442...but as i said in that last post, as long as we have attacking players and not defensive mids i dont care whether its 1 or 2 strikers
Manure will be playing 4-5-1 for a while yet, Fergie is convinced it'll work.

Ole is a striker, always will be. he's average on the wing.

1 - 20 of 695 Posts