Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is right. Louis Fernandez the French who coached Beitar two years ago returns to Jerusalem and will be the sporting manager of the club. He comes to substitute Giora Spiegel who after the disastrous result in Krakow resigned.
Gaidamek decided to keep Shum in the job and expects both of them to give Beitar another title.

Honestly, i think it wont work, Shum wont like Fernandez pressuring him and telling him what to do, it happened with him at Panathinaikos and right after he won a double with the Greeks. Sooner or later it will happen the same. Fernandez will end up as the coach in some point just like happened with Caanen.

In other news, Beitar are trying to sell Derek Boateng. The Ghana international who will become a free agent next season cost 2 million euros for Beitar when they brought him from AIK Stockholm and earns 750.000 dollars a season.
Beitar will try to sell him to Dinamo Kiev.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Hmmmm big news indeed....

I think you are right. Shum will go in the end and Fernendez will take over.
I don't see Shum continuing, even though i am confident he can win a tittle for Beitar this season.

The problem was that we had the same exact team playing again this season from last. Nothing really impressive came except 2 Latin signings. I dont know if that should be blamed on Shum or not...but the reality is we go out of the CL very easily...

In any case, well see what happens.

When Shum won doubles with the Greeks, was he removed cause he failed in Europe? Or cause he didnt win a tittle the year after?

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm big news indeed....

I think you are right. Shum will go in the end and Fernendez will take over.
I don't see Shum continuing, even though i am confident he can win a tittle for Beitar this season.

The problem was that we had the same exact team playing again this season from last. Nothing really impressive came except 2 Latin signings. I dont know if that should be blamed on Shum or not...but the reality is we go out of the CL very easily...

In any case, well see what happens.

When Shum won doubles with the Greeks, was he removed cause he failed in Europe? Or cause he didnt win a tittle the year after?
Shum won the double with Panathinaikos in the 2003-2004 season after a seven year reign of rivals Olympiakos. He went to Greece right after he managed to qualify Maccabi Haifa to the CL and have great victories over Manchester United and the very same Olympiakos in which he would play next year in the Greek League. Despite the great achievement the board wasnt exactly pleased with him and after some dissagreements with the technical manager and was sacked.

Shum is not Beitars problem, as we commented in the Beitar-Wisla thread, the players were lacking motivation (even though trying to reach the CL is a very big motivation) dont play in love for the club. Very few know what it means to represent Beitar, you saw that Itzhaki wanted to play despite not having fully fitness, this was the type of attitute the players should have.

This duo between Fernandez and Shum is faded to go wrong somewhere, both are good professionals, but together dont think they will gel up.

Haifa and Maccabi Tel Aviv should get the chance while Beitar is still balancing from the defeat to Wisla.

·
Registered
293 Posts
OLE OLE OLE OLE!
LUIS FERNANDEZ! LUIS FERNANDEZ! LUIS FERNANDEZ!

WE MISSED YOU BUDDY WELCOME BACK!

Great move by Arkadi,Luis is the best option for Beitar, And i have no doubt he will lead us to great things.
Ofcourse he is not coming to work with Shum, Arkadi doesn't wnat to pay Shum release money so he plans on Fernandez's dominance and the pressure of the crowd to cause Shum to quit.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Shum is not Beitars problem, as we commented in the Beitar-Wisla thread, the players were lacking motivation (even though trying to reach the CL is a very big motivation) dont play in love for the club. Very few know what it means to represent Beitar, you saw that Itzhaki wanted to play despite not having fully fitness, this was the type of attitute the players should have.
IMO Shum was a problem against wisla because he fielded a too defensive line-up with only one striker, the players were fully motivated because only 1-2 players of them were in the CL.
(i think only benado and zandberg) and we shouldn't forget that again kale made big mistakes in both games (gaidamak should throw him out)
the center backs were too slow for the fast wisla players.

and also there are two young national players that even didn't play against wisla (ben shushan and kozokin) or are ben yosef and tamuz much better?

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMO Shum was a problem against wisla because he fielded a too defensive line-up with only one striker, the players were fully motivated because only 1-2 players of them were in the CL.
(i think only benado and zandberg) and we shouldn't forget that again kale made big mistakes in both games (gaidamak should throw him out)
the center backs were too slow for the fast wisla players.

and also there are two young national players that even didn't play against wisla (ben shushan and kozokin) or are ben yosef and tamuz much better?
I respect your opinion and you could be right in some points, but i wont go with the majority of the people that say that Shum is Beitars problem. I cant agree with that. Does he have some part in it? Yes. But he is not the only one.
Beitar has a great squad and the reserve players are capable to do what Shum asks them to do. It is natural that Wisla was to pressure Beitar and Shum decided to be more cautious and Beitar despite good players is not Manchester United, so of course they wouldnt be crazy and expose themsleves too much in Krakow. We also cant take the merits of the Polish team who didnt stop attacking despite building the result.
Anyways, Shum was the first coach to qualify an Israeli team to the CL, gave a double to Beitar only three months ago and now people say he is the problem?
Unfortunaely Beitar hasnt done well in Europe and the frustations ended up some place and the unlucky guy was Shum. Fans and media in Israel dont have a lot of patience and you go from heaven to hell in one week. Pity,

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
This is not going to work very well, not at all, it's like the time Sweden had two head-coaches...Fernandez says Shum remains the coach, Gaidamak claims they will have equal rights. It will create nothing but tension, but anyway I'm happy that justice has been made Fernandez is the right main for Beitar and we really missed him , despite his moods... :)

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is not going to work very well, not at all, it's like the time Sweden had two head-coaches...Fernandez says Shum remains the coach, Gaidamak claims they will have equal rights. It will create nothing but tension, but anyway I'm happy that justice has been made Fernandez is the right main for Beitar and we really missed him , despite his moods... :)
Well so why not hire him straight? Instead of causing tension with Shum? Don´t think it was the best move. It had to be or Fernandez or Shum.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
I know but remember when he left Beitar, Fernandez said the reason for the dispute was Beitar's refusal to make him general manager and appoint someone else as the head coach, I think the best solution was to hire Azuri as the new coach, his cooperation with LF back then was great and he proved himself by leading the youth team to the championship title 2 years in a row...

At least we didn't have to get Ohana back, thank god for that :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
I know but remember when he left Beitar, Fernandez said the reason for the dispute was Beitar's refusal to make him general manager and appoint someone else as the head coach, I think the best solution was to hire Azuri as the new coach, his cooperation with LF back then was great and he proved himself by leading the youth team to the championship title 2 years in a row...

At least we didn't have to get Ohana back, thank god for that :D
do you any proof for that?
from what i rememeber he left because he had no contract for next season,plus he wanted to bring a couple of more asistent's to his staff and shaklar refused.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I hope - for the future LF can bring some decent names and not El Loco...

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope - for the future LF can bring some decent names and not El Loco...

Abreu is a very good player. Has international experience and a lot of caps for Uruguay, he plays alongside Forlan in their NT. The problem is that Beitar had hugh expectations already in the beggining of the season and he has arrived like for only two weeks, cant expect him to be the solution, but you will see during the season, not only he scores a lot of goals, but he assists a lot aswell. Just remember the great pass he gave Baruchyan in Teddy against Wisla.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I respect your opinion and you could be right in some points, but i wont go with the majority of the people that say that Shum is Beitars problem. I cant agree with that. Does he have some part in it? Yes. But he is not the only one.
Beitar has a great squad and the reserve players are capable to do what Shum asks them to do. It is natural that Wisla was to pressure Beitar and Shum decided to be more cautious and Beitar despite good players is not Manchester United, so of course they wouldnt be crazy and expose themsleves too much in Krakow. We also cant take the merits of the Polish team who didnt stop attacking despite building the result.
Anyways, Shum was the first coach to qualify an Israeli team to the CL, gave a double to Beitar only three months ago and now people say he is the problem?
Unfortunaely Beitar hasnt done well in Europe and the frustations ended up some place and the unlucky guy was Shum. Fans and media in Israel dont have a lot of patience and you go from heaven to hell in one week. Pity,
Berko, Itzhack Shum is a big joke.
His whole career is built around luck,he got three good teams who were built by the managers before him and succeeded through theier hard work.
His qualification to the champions league was after beating Sturm Graz, the easyiest team in the draw and the easyiest draw an Israeli team ever got in the final qualification round.
he won the Greek league after several of 90th minute wins by goals of Olishadebe. winning the israeli league with the best team isn't that hard and the cup he won beacause a lot of luck.
His teams didn't have any designed style of play,just good players to cover for it. most of the forgien players he bring are realy bad( jolic,paez,ejiofor,visa), he never made his team upstage a team with a worthy manager as an opponent.

When a team looks as bad as Beitar did against Wisla it must means the coach did a bad job prepering them.
the players were out of focus,frightend,not organized,angry. that is all Shum's falt, for what reason did Beitar Sign him if not for that?

but no worrys now, we'll finally a get manager that manged in the higher levels of europe,and knows how the biggest teams train and not how Betar-shimshon players should train.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Berko, Itzhack Shum is a big joke.
His whole career is built around luck,he got three good teams who were built by the managers before him and succeeded through theier hard work.
His qualification to the champions league was after beating Sturm Graz, the easyiest team in the draw and the easyiest draw an Israeli team ever got in the final qualification round.
he won the Greek league after several of 90th minute wins by goals of Olishadebe. winning the israeli league with the best team isn't that hard and the cup he won beacause a lot of luck.
His teams didn't have any designed style of play,just good players to cover for it. most of the forgien players he bring are realy bad( jolic,paez,ejiofor,visa), he never made his team upstage a team with a worthy manager as an opponent.

When a team looks as bad as Beitar did against Wisla it must means the coach did a bad job prepering them.
the players were out of focus,frightend,not organized,angry. that is all Shum's falt, for what reason did Beitar Sign him if not for that?

but no worrys now, we'll finally a get manager that manged in the higher levels of europe,and knows how the biggest teams train and not how Betar-shimshon players should train.
Ariel, without a doubt Beitar played badly againsty Wisla. Does Shum has any guilt in this? Yes. But not 100%. Players with the capacity and experience as the current Beitar squad has, even if the coach is a joke like you said cant play they way they did. The players have also part in this.
With Haifa in the CL, even if he got an already made team he managed to lead them to great victories. He had great payers just like Beitar had against Wisla, but why with Haifa he managed big wins and with Beitar against a technically inferior team comparing to Manchester and Olympiakos he failed? Something got wrong with the players. Maybe he didnt prepare them well, could be, but it is no reason to lose 5-0 and without any resistance.
He is not the best Israeli coach, i agree with that, but i dont agree when you say he is bad. He has his merits. The same way people talked about Grant. many said he was lucky and didnt have any merits in organizing teams, but he reached the final of the CL with Chelsea, you could agree with me that you need more than luck and being a joke reaching that place.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Shum is luck, Ohana is luck, Guttman is Luck, Grant is luck..everyone is luck....
Shum performed well, but seriously he is not the problem. The problem is that if the game was later on, we would have done well....we have lazy players and 2nd rate performances..

with that being said - Barcelona finished Wisla 4-0 tonite.
Not bad result....
the only happy side is that Beitar was not its opponent which would probably have been 8-0 if not more

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shum is luck, Ohana is luck, Guttman is Luck, Grant is luck..everyone is luck....
Shum performed well, but seriously he is not the problem. The problem is that if the game was later on, we would have done well....we have lazy players and 2nd rate performances..

with that being said - Barcelona finished Wisla 4-0 tonite.
Not bad result....
the only happy side is that Beitar was not its opponent which would probably have been 8-0 if not more
Come on all of these guys are luck? Everyone has a bit of luck sometimes and it also follows the competent. IMO i still say Shum, Grant have their merits, they are not the best, but they havent achieved goals only on luck.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ariel, without a doubt Beitar played badly againsty Wisla. Does Shum has any guilt in this? Yes. But not 100%. Players with the capacity and experience as the current Beitar squad has, even if the coach is a joke like you said cant play they way they did. The players have also part in this.
With Haifa in the CL, even if he got an already made team he managed to lead them to great victories. He had great payers just like Beitar had against Wisla, but why with Haifa he managed big wins and with Beitar against a technically inferior team comparing to Manchester and Olympiakos he failed? Something got wrong with the players. Maybe he didnt prepare them well, could be, but it is no reason to lose 5-0 and without any resistance.
He is not the best Israeli coach, i agree with that, but i dont agree when you say he is bad. He has his merits. The same way people talked about Grant. many said he was lucky and didnt have any merits in organizing teams, but he reached the final of the CL with Chelsea, you could agree with me that you need more than luck and being a joke reaching that place.
Maybe Shum isn't a 100% guilty of the loss,but he has a big part at least 60%. you see,one of the most importent jobs of the coach is to prepare the players in thr best way he can so the will come to the game focused,brave,confident and sure of them selfes on the pitch.
the played so poorley they couldnt pass their own 30 meters of field,they were so affraid of failing...
another preperation needed is the tactical one,beitar for a year now are playing with no system leaning on of good performances from specific players at certain games, against wisla nobody knew what to do against muct more trained team,players werent aware to their own pluses and minuses.
shum led haifa to great results because the team was ready by grant,when he needed to build a team with beitar he failed,period.

on the avram grant issue, he had merits in reacing the final no questions.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe Shum isn't a 100% guilty of the loss,but he has a big part at least 60%. you see,one of the most importent jobs of the coach is to prepare the players in thr best way he can so the will come to the game focused,brave,confident and sure of them selfes on the pitch.
the played so poorley they couldnt pass their own 30 meters of field,they were so affraid of failing...
another preperation needed is the tactical one,beitar for a year now are playing with no system leaning on of good performances from specific players at certain games, against wisla nobody knew what to do against muct more trained team,players werent aware to their own pluses and minuses.
shum led haifa to great results because the team was ready by grant,when he needed to build a team with beitar he failed,period.

on the avram grant issue, he had merits in reacing the final no questions.
I agree with you when you say that one of the most important functions of a coach is to prepare the team to their best tacticaly and psycologicaly. No doubt. Beitar failed on these both issues and the result was 5-0.
But in football there are also other points that involve the game and that we sometimes forget. After the 2-1 win at Teddy, beitar was supposed to be someway happy with the result despite the very slim advantage. Instead of the media and part of the fans supporting them, they were saying that this team will fail, that Wisla would crush them and this my friend even if Shum prepared them, this is worse than the coach being a joke, because your own fans and the media (who we know in Israel, constantly pressures teams and players) don't believe in you and this takes your moral. History was against Beitar and during the week people only talked about how Beitar failed in Europe. This has a good percentage in why Beitar lost focus against Wisla.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It seems Beitar will have a tough season ahead of them. Louis Fernandez declared today that probably he won't come to Jerusalem and sign with Beitar. The French has a contract with TV and radio in his homeland and signing with Beitar means to brake the contract, which according to his attorney it will be very tough to reach a deal.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I agree with you when you say that one of the most important functions of a coach is to prepare the team to their best tacticaly and psycologicaly. No doubt. Beitar failed on these both issues and the result was 5-0.
But in football there are also other points that involve the game and that we sometimes forget. After the 2-1 win at Teddy, beitar was supposed to be someway happy with the result despite the very slim advantage. Instead of the media and part of the fans supporting them, they were saying that this team will fail, that Wisla would crush them and this my friend even if Shum prepared them, this is worse than the coach being a joke, because your own fans and the media (who we know in Israel, constantly pressures teams and players) don't believe in you and this takes your moral. History was against Beitar and during the week people only talked about how Beitar failed in Europe. This has a good percentage in why Beitar lost focus against Wisla.
Berko, what the hell are you talking about?
did you not see the screams of joy after the beitar players found out they are playing against wisla? did you not hear shum say "no excuses for failiure"?
the fact that the media did not belive in them should not be their problem,and it was only articles about beitar's past encounters in europe - all failiures.
and how does this have anything to do with the loos? if beitar can't handle the prresure from the media, why are the in this sport? this is excactly where the coach steps in.

Wisla's manager scorzja(something like that) said that he closed training to the media and fans, and did not allow interviews in order for the players to get in maximum focus for the game.
beitar's preperation was joke. cameras were allowed inside the vip area of the airport,the players brought their moms,dads,wifes and kids on the air plane that the team brought for them,thw were alloed interviews in the trainings the day before the game.
this is a big part of our failiure and it is all because of Shum,but the problems with him start way before,with his no system-system on the field,the bad building of the squad(kale,ziv,fernandez-tal,late abreu signing), the no discapline way of training.

shum is a mediocre coach who had a lot of luck in his career,end of story.

It seems Beitar will have a tough season ahead of them. Louis Fernandez declared today that probably he won't come to Jerusalem and sign with Beitar. The French has a contract with TV and radio in his homeland and signing with Beitar means to brake the contract, which according to his attorney it will be very tough to reach a deal.
it is not that, he can break the deals the problem is he wants a contract for 3-years,and gaidamak will only agree for 1,so why should fernandez do this?
this thing raises a lot of questions about gaidamak.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts