Xtratime Community banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
7 need to be ditched, but I assume you won't go for Van Aanholt either. Pretty useless to take him with you if you already have Kongolo, BMI and Blind who can play there.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
7 need to be ditched, but I assume you won't go for Van Aanholt either. Pretty useless to take him with you if you already have Kongolo, BMI and Blind who can play there.
Could be of course, but in case Van Gaal seriously wants to play with wingbacks in a 5-3-2 he could be useful in that position maybe? The other three all are better at / prefer another position.

·
Registered
59,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Vilhena, Boëtius, Rekik en Promes niet mee naar Portugal

Oranje verblijft volgende week in Portugal om zich voor te bereiden op het WK. Bondscoach Louis van Gaal heeft geen vliegticket laten boeken voor Tonny Vilhena, Jean-Paul Boëtius, Karim Rekik en Quincy Promes.

Zij voegen zich bij Jong Oranje. "Zij moeten een heel belangrijke EK kwalificatiewedstrijd tegen Schotland spelen en daarna nog tegen Luxemburg", zegt Van Gaal in gesprek met De Telegraaf. "Dus die spelers komen er later bij. Als wij ze kiezen."
Vilhena heeft zich inmiddels al gemeld bij Jong Oranje. "Die andere drie heb ik vanavond nog nodig, anders kon ik geen 11 tegen 11 spelen op de training. Daarna kunnen zij dan bij Jong Oranje spelen, als de coach daar voor kiest. Zo maak ik Jong Oranje ook sterk."
Van Gaal zal de verrichtingen van het kwartet goed in de gaten houden. "Tegen Jong Schotland kunnen zij een plaats bij de 23 verdienen. Het maakt niet uit of ze bij mij trainen of bij Jong Oranje. De vijf buitenlandse internationals die er nog bij komen, worden vergeleken met de spelers van Jong Oranje. Ik heb tot 2 juni de tijd om die keuze te maken. Het is een afvalrace."
Hopefully van Gaal will stick to his word and give equal opportunites, cos Vilhena already is a better player than Fer.

Kongolo to the world cup - sealed? :hopeful:

·
Registered
59,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Van Gaal's already turning into an embarrassment before he has even been appointed.

"Stupid question" to the BBC journalist

And now "the question is over the line". What kind of English is that?

Might as well get an interpreter like Pochettino or get Giggs to do the interviews, as some journalists will no doubt want to see him explode and turn red.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
My ***** Louis! :proud:

Depending on the final squad (I expect at least 5 Feyenoord players there :stuckup:), this might actually be the first time since I was a kid (92 and 94) that I'll be rooting for Holland. Might even go for a Clasie avatar. :hopeful:

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Yeah, I feel the same way. :err:

But honestly, I like the manager and I'm proud of all the Feyenoord boys. Especially since I've been following their respective careers since day one.

No Van Bommel's any more, only De Jong and Sneijder left of Dutch players I dislike. Depay could turn into one of them though, I'm not buying the PSV shtick about him. :angel:

And when I read Ajax netwerk and see that most of them are anti-Oranje, I dunno, but it makes me value this squad even more. :proud:

·
Registered
59,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
What...they want van Rhijn in the squad? :D

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Where to start..

Van Rhijn is getting criticized and told to pull his head out of his ass, but Vilhena over Klaassen has hurt them a lot. Also the inclusion of the entire Feyenoord defence has the poor saps hoping Holland get pumped every game.

The funniest bit is the outrage over Kongolo getting called up, when in the past, all a youth player had to do was kick a ball for Ajax 1 and he would have been called up. :howler:

·
A i nogomet
1,360 Posts
Honestly, while I like to bash Feyenoord as much as any Ajacied, the choices Van Gaal made are sensible. Klaassen would have been good too, but Vilhena is going to become a great player, so you might as well throw him into the fire. Only Feyenoorder I have my doubts about is Clasie, because he tends to go invisible in big matches. Still, I find the inclusion of former Rotterdammers Fer and Wijnaldum far more questionable.

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
Van Persie got knee issues apparently? Pulled up in trainig and having a medical. Suarez got issues as well

·
Registered
59,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Surprising.
Kongolo made it.

No Promes despite his hattrick

·
Registered
59,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Might as well have called up Lex. Would at least be amusing.

Fer is not better than him and has done nothing for Norwich all season. Even Jake Livermore is a better player.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts