Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
International
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well one of our brethren managed to beat all odds and score 1/3 of one of the biggest lottery jackpots ever. That's right one of the BIG GAME winners from the 350 million dollar jackpot is a "Portuga" from Englishtown New Jersey. He bought his ticket in Hillside. His last name is Lopes and he's a native of Lisboa.

WHy am I posting this on a soccer forum??

Well just like this man, our select team has some very tall odds to win the World Cup. And if Lady Luck can smile on a Portuguese family there's no reason she won't smile upon a whole country come the World Cup. ;)

Forca PORTUGAL!

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Freddie said:
This guy suddenly has 150,000 new Portugese cousins in Noo Joisey now, doesn't he! :)
I'm now one of them.

Lopes, where you is, man?

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
How many escudos would he collect?

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
None. It's Euros now, buck.

·
International
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
At least it went to someone who was in desperate need of some funds (not to mention Portuguese:) ) as opposed to a senior citizen with one foot in the grave and no relatives where the money was sure to end up in some religious institution...

·
Registered
549 Posts
holy crap! I LIVE IN ENGLISHTOWN NJ! (right on the border between Englishtown and Manalapan) i know some portuguese people who live there but i never heard abotu this. What are the odds of the winner being from englishtown and portuguese?

my mind is still boggled

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Flotown said:
Damn, I'm moving to Englishtown and I am calling myself a long lost relative of Mr Lopes :D ;) !
Yo, Flo! Lopes. Pila Lopes. Nice ta meetcha.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
It's me...... Yea ok I wish it was me. ;) But it's real good that a Portuguese person won the lottery, because like Red Eagle said, the World Cup is also somewhat of a lottery.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Pila said:

Yo, Flo! Lopes. Pila Lopes. Nice ta meetcha.
Nice touch Pila. This guy can take us to Korea/Japan in a month now.

Excuse me Mr. Lopes, not that you have the scrilla can we :finger: off to the World Cup now? I'll show you the family pictures when we get back :D

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Get in line, bucko!:)

·
Registered
549 Posts
UPDATE!

i found out more today in school. turns out the guy doesnt really live in englishtown, but rather in the town of Manalapan(where I live) and he lives on the street right off of my street. this area is often referred to as Englishtown for mailing purposes but it is really in the town Manalapan.

This guy apparently has a son and a daughter, the son is a senior at my high school, and the daughter is a freshmen. I had never met them before however(which is unusual because i thought i knew every portuguese person in my area)

The family was in $600,000 debt to creditors, very lucky to have won considering he filed for bankruptcy a few months ago, (although he didnt show up at his court hearing so his creditors continued to hound him) both kids were advised by bodyguards,(who were just appointed to their house) to not go to school, in fear that it could cause problems. ALso, supposedly the night they found out they won, they immediately called for moving vans, but they claim"they are not going anywhere"

an interesting story. i found this all out in school today. im tempted to walk over there because i hear the news people are still there covering the area. im still amazed at the fact that ive never met them, and that their house is merely 150 yards from my house. ill update with more information if i here anything else.

oh by the way real 1 barca 0 at the half

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Maybe they could donate the money to a very needy charity or something?

A really needy cause ... a group or something that really needs that cash because they are crippled and pathetic...

I think we would all agree that the money would be going to a good cause if he gave it to....

S.L. Benfica :dielaugh:

Should be enough to fix one the wheels on their buses anyway ;)

Do em proud Mr Lopes...Benfica need your cash :dielaugh:

Or, on the other hand, you could just buy Deco's right foot with that money ;)

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Dan said:
Maybe they could donate the money to a very needy charity or something?

A really needy cause ... a group or something that really needs that cash because they are crippled and pathetic...

I think we would all agree that the money would be going to a good cause if he gave it to....

S.L. Benfica :dielaugh:

Should be enough to fix one the wheels on their buses anyway ;)

Do em proud Mr Lopes...Benfica need your cash :dielaugh:

Or, on the other hand, you could just buy Deco's right foot with that money ;)
One things for sure, if Mr. Lopes reads your ... whatever that was, there's no way he'll be able to refrain from donating some to you so you can buy yourself some new material.

If this is your way of a getting ahead of the line for some of his new fortune, well, then I admit you got us all beat.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
For chrissakes I am disgusted in all your attempts to plead your cases in saying "You are related to Mr Lopes;) "

While I wait for more Bulls!t stories I will see that these high class hookers service my every need ;)

Man !!!! I have miss Playboy 98 doing my laundry ;) & then I amgoing to get her to clean my pipes ;)

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
COUTO 5 said:
For chrissakes I am disgusted in all your attempts to plead your cases in saying "You are related to Mr Lopes;) "

While I wait for more Bulls!t stories I will see that these high class hookers service my every need ;)

Man !!!! I have miss Playboy 98 doing my laundry ;) & then I amgoing to get her to clean my pipes ;)
also I forgot to mention I have laced all her Playboy Honey freinds drinks with " portuguese salami " tonite & all of you's are invited :D !!!!!

I am one hard bunny tonite :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts