Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well mates, maybe you have already heard about the Lotito-Rossi call that lead the Lazio coach to get a three game ban. Now you can read the second part of that call at the web site
http://www.laziali.info/news.php?cat=calcio&id=9016&log_stat=not
That's a very interesting talk that casts a light on a number of things happening at Lazio those days (April 2006). The first question arising is... "who paid the bill for that call?" :) Maybe it's part of the 75 million euro Lotito spent in those four years...
For the non Italian speaking mates, I will try to translate some interesting bits. So, let's start with the famous Di Canio case. Here's what Lazio president and coach told in that call:

Lotito: “I will tell you the truth, I would like to get rid of Di Canio and replace him with an important player, so that people could not start protesting, because by now the atmosphere in the dressing room needs to be changed. I will tell you who came to talk to me about that" ”.

Rossi: “Get Di Vaio, he's an important player and he's a Laziale”.

Lotito: “Have a laugh at what I will tell you now. Peruzzi came and told me that he doesn't want Di Canio in the team any more, Oddo too doesn't want him, Zauri too, and also Inzaghi. Evryone says me to get rid of him. No one can't stand him any more. Mudingayi himself has got problems. Di Canio affects the Curva, he tells outside whatever happens in the dressing room and he isn’t a player like Zola who is content to play 10 minutes evry match, he wants to play the whole game".

Rossi: “But President, we have to put him in the conditions that going away has to be his decision, otherwise we will be in troubles”.

Lotito: "And what kind of troubles you mean? I get all the responsability, I am already in total clash with the Curva".

Rossi: "I know, but if you get rid of Di Canio and replace him with an unkown player, you are going to get troubles".

Lotito: "That's right. You know who I would like to get? Recoba".

Rossi: "Who?"

Lotito: "Recoba".

---

Maybe with his boss attitude Di Canio annoyed pretty much his team mates, and also his friendship with a few Curva bosses to whom he told what was happening in the dressing room did not help Paolo being liked by his team mates. Next bit will be about what Rossi said about Recoba... :)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I knew I was right about Di Canio's negative influence (if we can trust this transcript and the bias of the people talking, of course).

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Was there any doubt about Di Canio's influence? The same rings true from his own words. I remember reading him say that Rocchi and the Filippini twins were the only ones he got along with in the first season. Giannichedda he hated in particular...who of course left soon. Coincidence?

I think we can trust the transcript since it's the one used in court. Plus isn't the audio file also available somewhere, at least I remember hearing bits.

Great job Aq!

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
I'm not really surprised that Di Canio was one to stir shit in the dressingroom. That's pretty much a no-brainer.

What's more interesting is how the hell does some random website get a hold on a phone transcript like that??

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Was there any doubt about Di Canio's influence?
Well, there are certain fans who think Di Canio can do no wrong but that might have been on some other Lazio forum, here we seem to be more cynical towards our club and its players. ;)

What's more interesting is how the hell does some random website get a hold on a phone transcript like that??
Good question. It did te trick in calciopoli but it is getting ridiculous now. Lotito might be a bastard but he does have a right of privacy...

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think this transcription was part of the trial files, since Lazio lawyers presented the telephone call in the trial in order to show that Lotito and Rossi were not talking about "softening" Lecce but about the transfers market. I don't know if anyone has free access to the trial files after the verdict has been issued, but fact is that the transcription has gone public. For how unfair it may be, it's big fun to read that anyway :)
Ah, and Silvio B. has promised to stop these transcription though.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Second episode...

Lotito: "Recoba. You told me that you don't want him, I wanted to get him, and then I would have liked to see what Curva had to say".

Rossi: "In my opinion Recoba is a fool. Good player, but a fool".

Lotito: "Recoba's agent called me.".

Rossi: "Paco Casal"?

Lotito: "No, a very good friend of Recoba".

Rossi: "And?".

Lotito: "I told him that Recoba's wages are a lot of money, and his friend said that Recoba is ready to lower his wages because he wants to leave Inter to bounce back because at Inter he's under used and despite it he has scored 15 goals. he has good relationships with Moratti, but not with Mancini.
Then I said that Recoba lives at Lake Como, he's full of vices, but his friend said that's not true, he has a child and is the opposite of what I said. And Recoba said he would have been happy to come to Lazio because Lazio is an important club. That's what people don't understand, including that Oddo idiot. Lazio has been in big difficulties but now we are back on the right track, a sound club who pays wages regularly, with good values and fairness. And this also because I'm in war against ultras, no one has ever had the courage to do it, see Sensi who defended the ultras at "La Domenica Sportiva" because he paid them to be quiet, evryone knows that. I am in total collision with ultras and at this point I don't care what they may do if I sell Di Canio, because it can't be worse than this.
You know that I have bought 18 players, I have tried to fullfil all the requests from the technical staff, evrybody would like to buy Adriano, but to tell you the truth, I would never buy Adriano, because in the dressing room there must be men with good temper. I have learnt that at my expenses, look at all the damages people such as Cesar, Giannichedda and Liverani have done.

Rossi: "And Recoba is one of them".

Lotito: "Right, that's what I am saying. But first I want to talk to Recoba"

Rossi: "You may talk to him, but I think he's a fool"

Lotito: "But I said Recoba just to say a name, it might happen that Recoba does not come, but no one will have to say "You get rid of Di Canio to get an unknown player". For example, Obinna is a good player, no? You know him better than me, no?"

Rossi: "Obinna?".

Lotito: "Is he young?"

Rossi: "He's young, but if I had to replace a creative player, I can't do it with Obinna"

Lotito: "Noooooo, it was just to talk".

Rossi: "You have to get, say, Makinwa".

---
Now we know who to thank for Makinwa being a Lazio player. And I wonder how Oddo and Sensi have reacted when this has gone public :)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Rossi: "In my opinion Recoba is a fool. Good player, but a fool".
Good one, Rossi! ;)

·
Administrator
52,974 Posts
Hilarious stuff. Lotito is a cool cat hehe. And I was agreeeing with Rossi just until the last sentence :dielaugh: Obinna is way more talented version of Makinwa, a speedster with skill, while Makinwa is just a speedster. Rossi saw him as creative :pp

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Then again Makinwa played his best football under Rossi, so he might know something we don't. I sincerely hope so, as it seems like Makinwa will be with us at the start of next season...

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Well, there are certain fans who think Di Canio can do no wrong but that might have been on some other Lazio forum, here we seem to be more cynical towards our club and its players. ;)
If you replace 'cynical' with 'realistic', 'sensible' or 'in touch with reality' you're right on the money. ;)

This stuff is great fun to read. I had no idea that Liverani or Giannichedda was trouble in the dressingroom. But okay, that's just Lotito's words...

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On a brighter note, Rossi saved us from Recoba. And was trying to persuade Lotito to buy Amauri. But this is another episode... :)

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Episode 3

Lotito: "Makinwa, right".

Rossi: "Or Di Vaio, these are the right players".

Lotito: "I will tell you. I think Di Vaio is another sick player, we have to get players out of the Roman mechanism, otherwise they will get into that black hole, we have to get people that behave in a different way. You got it right when you said Makinwa, together with Behrami I was dealing to get them in exchange for Liverani.
And to think that in order to keep Liverani, I have refused Preziosi’s offer, 50% of Makinwa and 50% of Behrami. See how stupid I am. But then, they all are traitors, mercenaries, instead we have to get people who fight. Pandev’s agent told me “Look, Claudio, Goran likes you very much, you are almost like a second father for him, he always says good things about you. And also Mudingayi has a very positive opinion about you”. So, those are the people I want. But indeed, when I go to Formello to talk to the players before a game, for example I talk to Liverani, but Liverani doesn’t care anything, because these people only think about money and they also ruin the other people. Liverani is ruining Oddo, he has told him “Come to Fiorentina with me”. I know that.”

Rossi: "Sell him to Fiorentina".

Lotito: "Eh"?

Rossi: "Sell him to Fiorentina. What about money? "

Lotito: "I will ask them 10 million euro, so we will be able to do another transfers campaign".

Rossi: "You have to ask what you think it’s the right price. But you haven’t to tell him that he must stay put”

Lotito: "No".

Rossi: "It has to be him who has to say “I am happy to stay at Lazio”, that is different”.

Lotito: "But it’s not that I want to sell players in order to get money. See, Delio, I have not sold anyone. For example, we have two promising youngsters, Quadri and Siguera, you can work on them and in a couple of years they will be good stuff".

Rossi: "I know, but it’s only that we have to wait for them, we can’t think that they can replace the leaving ones.”

Lotito: "Right. If Dabo goes away, we get Guana, for example. If we lose Liverani, there’s Ledesma. What about Matuzalem?".

Rossi: "Who?”.

Lotito: "Matuzalem. Last year they paid 18 million euro for him! So, he is well worth something. I am telling this because now I am trying to get rid of Sereni and Baronio, that’s the first thing to do because I know you do not want them and you are right. ".

Rossi: "No, no, I don’t want even to see them at the pre-season training camp. I don’t want them, they have not even to come back”.

Lotito: "Eh, Delio, I will do evrything possible to avoid them coming to the camp, have no doubt about that, now I have to find a solution, I am working to send Baronio to Torino after he refused to go to Ascoli. As for Sereni, maybe Parma or Fiorentina, let’s see. But again, Delio, I have not the attitude to sell players to get money, I already know that this team need at least 4 important players. A very strong central defender.".

Rossi: "Very strong”.

---

Two years and still with Baronio... I guess Rossi is not content to see the tanned blonde player coming back to the pre-season camp evry summer :)

·
Administrator
52,974 Posts
Really fascinating stuff, bit like we are intruding to say the least, but lets hope there are dozen more episodes ;)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Great stuff, Aquila. Really interesting, its appreciated.

I'm sure others would love to know about this, may i have your permission to copy and paste these extracts onto the Laziofever forum?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good job, really fascinating stuff. Kind of gives one a whole another view on Lotito. Maybe he's an ass but he's doing something right. Sadly it won't stop the hysterics blindly repeating their negative mantras. Rossi's a class act.

Whatever happened to Siguera and Quadri?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks mates.

I'm sure others would love to know about this, may i have your permission to copy and paste these extracts onto the Laziofever forum?
Of course you may. :)

Now, episode number 4

Rossi: "Another player we will not get anything out of him is Inzaghi, Inzaghi has already retired, President".

Lotito: "Already retired?"

Rossi: "Aye, we will not get anything out of Inzaghi, do you still think we can count on him?"

Lotito: "I said Inzaghi just for example".

Rossi: "No, you have said Inzaghi has come to talk to me and criticize Paolo, but Inzaghi is not a football player any more".

Lotito: "I know, I know".

Rossi: "Inzaghi can do cabaret, football is another thing".

Lotito: "So, we have to sell him"?

Rossi: "Aye, absolutely. You will not get anything out of Inzaghi, Inzaghi has a 4 year annuity , eh, I tell you".

Lotito: "No, no, I will send him away. But why at the beginning you told me that he was committing himself, is he changed now?"

Rossi: "At the beginning he was committing himself, but then he backed out".

Lotito: "Right".

Rossi: "He is always injured, he has been the only player injured for two months now, he feels pain at adductors, he doesn’t train any more".

Lotito: "At adductors?"

Rossi: "Eh, President, it’s self evident that he has no motivations any more, he does not care anything".

Lotito: "Aye, that’s the way it is and we have to get rid of him".

Rossi: "And we have to find a way to send Tare away, President".

Lotito: "Tare?"

Rossi: "Aye".

Lotito: "Lot of clubs want Tare".

Rossi: "And we have to replace him with another player. He’s a very good guy, but he is not a player for Lazio".

Lotito: "All right".

Rossi: "He is not a player for Lazio, he’s good, but not a player for Lazio, we need a different kind of player, younger. Walter agrees with me".

Lotito: "8 clubs asked me for Tare, I swear."

Rossi: "And we sell him".

Lotito: "Not now, in January 8 teams asked for him".

Rossi: "Aye, Tare has good market, but we have to replace him".

Lotito: "We need a towering player, eh? Is there anyone?"

Rossi: "Eh, I like very much Amauri of Chievo, I like
Bogdani, and then Makinwa, Makinwa is a tower".

Lotito: "Aye, but Makinwa is not a tower".

Rossi: "No, Makinwa is better in the air than Tare, I have coached Makinwa, I have coached Tare, Makinwa with his head is stronger than Tare".

Lotito: "Eh I know Makinwa jumps better".

Rossi: "No, but Makinwa is 1,85 high, Tare maybe 1,90".

Lotito: "What about Caracciolo?"

Rossi: "Caracciolo is not a bad player, but it would be hard for Caracciolo to play with Rocchi".

Lotito: "Of course. And Makinwa will be "seconda punta" with Rocchi?"

Rossi: "Makinwa can play with Rocchi".

Lotito: "You would rather get Makinwa instead of Recoba?"

Rossi: "Aye, Makinwa is fitter... Recoba is a very good player, but I think he's a fool as a person. He would create a lot of problems in the dressing room, he would be someone to send away, like Liverani. Thats' what they told me".

Lotito: "But why you say he would create a lot of problems in the dressing room?"

Rossi: "It's self evident, he's an anarchist, he doesn't care anything, you can see it by the way he plays, that's irritating, can't you see how he plays? He only played well against us because we let him play well. He can score goals from free kicks, or some dead ball situations, but if you think he is a team player, then you are wrong. He's a prima donna playing for himself only".

1 - 20 of 37 Posts