Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's the headline from channel 4 reporting a vent from our beloved president after the 12th defeat this Serie A season (out of 29 matches).

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar23i.html

Lazio President Claudio Lotito believes something has to change at the club if the Biancocelesti are to get back to winning ways.

Lazio lost 1-0 at Catania on Saturday evening and are now ninth in the table with eight games remaining this season.

The Biancocelesti have now lost their last two games and still have Roma, Inter and Juventus to play before the end of the campaign.

“It is time the team changed its attitude and gave something back to this club which has given it a lot,” Lotito said.

“Everyone is under examination, everyone is responsible, even those who believe themselves to be great champions.

“From now until the end of the championship we need a different approach, otherwise I will take unforeseen and unexpected decisions.

“I will be tough with everyone,” he concluded. “Now they are all on international duty, but when they return, they will realise who Lotito really is.”

---

Mah, one wonders whom really he told those words, "those who believe themselves to be great champions"... There are a lot of players at Lazio who have recently played really carelessly.

And what does he mean with "unforeseen and unexpected decisions"? Maybe Rossi is in for the sack? Lazio playing with the Primavera team? Lotito himself resigning or selling the club?

We will see, of course.

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
Isnt this guy supposed to be in jail in Cragnotti's old tomatoe stained cell?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't wait, right? :) Anyway, red carpet to the rare non Lazio fans who adventure theirselves in the intriguing world of the Eagles.

Going off topic, I have the feeling that you do not know well what's with Lotito's 18 months sentence. The sentence was about something I wrote in another topic:

He did a kind of trick with the help of his father in law Mezzaroma. In Italy when you want to buy the majority of shares of a company you have to do a public offer, but Lotito found a shortcut to avoid the public offer. He bought his amount of shares and the same did Mezzaroma, both not reaching the majority of shares. Then Lotito bought Mezzaroma's one, thus getting the majority of Lazio shares without any actual public offer, and there was a transfer of 4 million euro from a Lotito's bank account to a Mezzaroma's one.

I am not a fan of Lotito, but I have to say that if Lotito has been sentenced for that, by this standard half of the Serie A presidents should be taken to court for some illecit financial tricks...

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
I'm not defending him or accusing him, I just thought he WAS and IS going to Jail, as it was clearly mentionned, so besides joking, I am just corious on why he isnt yet. Is it a suspended sentence, or an actual jail time sentence?

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
In Italy someone doesn't have to go to jail as long as there is an appeal pending.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exactly. Unless the court state that the "guilt" may alter the evidences or be "socially dangerous" which, I think, it's not the case with Lotito, although some Lazio fans might think otherwise.

Two notes on that trial:
1) The prosecutor asked for a 20 month sentence but the court verdict was 2 years (not 18 months as I posted in this topic opener, mea culpa). It's a rare case when the court sentence is longer than the prosecutor's one.
2) The CONSOB (the board checking the stock exchange companies) did not institute a civil action against Lotito, but the court proceeded notwithstanding.

Having said that, seeing that Italian justice is a joke, as we noticed in the Calciopoli case and generally regarding the entire life of the Italian reprivate, evrything may still happen.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like words have turned into facts as Lazio will spend the week before the derby by training away from Rome and no contact with press. The latter rule of course is not fit for Lotito who, again, slammed the players threatening them where they seem more sensitive.

Claudio Lotito Threatens To Stop Paying His Lazio Players

The chief is ready to take severe measures following another defeat...

Lazio president Claudio Lotito is so furious that he has threatened to stop paying his slacking players following Sunday's latest blow.

The Biancocelesti went down without a fight against Siena as they lost 2-0 in Tuscany. The result has left Lotito's plans for Europa League football hostage to fortune. The chief has underlined the significance of Lazio's abject form, his warning coming just days after he threatened to kick players out of the club.

"We can't lose like this. You can lose, but you have to fight. The player's don't know me, but I will change now," Lotito told Il Corriere Dello Sport.

"Siena haven't paid their players for four months? I have always been punctual, but now I will change because we cannot continue like this.

"From now on I want to see the team determined and with conviction. We have to concentrate and get the results. We have to show that we are attached to this shirt like the Siena players did with theirs."

The voices of negativity surrounding coach Delio Rossi continue to gather momentum, but Lotito has confirmed that his tactician will not be forced to walk the plank.

"We have to look at who will bring this project forwards, the coach doesn't go on the pitch, neither does the president, it's the players who turn out," concluded Lotito.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts