CALCIO: LAZIO, LOTITO "NOSTRI DERBY SONO CON CHIEVO E LIVORNO"
(AGI/DS) - Milano, 3 mar. - Claudio Lotito vuole dimenticare la
sconfitta nella stracittadina e sposta l'attenzione sul
traguardo Coppa Uefa: "I nostri derby sono con Chievo e
Livorno". Il presidente della Lazio, all'ingresso negli uffici
milanesi della Lega Calcio, dove oggi si terra' un'assemblea
straordinaria di serie A, ha voluto precisare: "La sconfitta
nel derby contro la Roma pesa sul morale, ma non deve pesare
sulla classifica, visto che il nostro obiettivo e' un altro".
In settimana alcuni giocatori della squadra biaconceleste (uno
su tutti Massimo Oddo) ha rilasciato alcune dichiarazioni non
troppo filo-lotitiane: "Se qualcuno deve dire qualcosa, lo
faccia con la societa'; a volte le dichiarazioni rilasciate
sono interpretate in modo diverso. Liverani? C'e' una
trattativa in corso, e pensiamo di aver trovato un punto
d'incontro. L'ultima parola poi spetta al giocatore". Lotito
parla poi anche dell'ottimo momento di forma della Roma:
"Questo dimostra che un giusto spirito collettivo e
l'attaccamento alla maglia sono meglio delle potenzialita' del
singolo atleta. La Lazio, purtroppo, non ha raccolto quanto
espresso; nel calcio contano anche gli episodi. Galliani? Ha in
se' un grosso equilibrio professionale, e la sua permanenza a
capo della Lega sarebbe la cosa migliore". (AGI)
do you agree?

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so what's the main reason he is hated by so many laziali?
and still so many adore cragnotti, who fiancially screwed up the club for years and years to come for a short term success?

is it that lotito doesn't want to spend any own money on players?

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
I can only speak for myself and I don't adore Cragnotti.

My problem with Lotito is his general attitude and the way he runs things. He has an annoying "my way only" - attitude that is alianating everyone. He has cut down the medical staff at the club to a minimum which has caused several players to complain about that.

Lotito doesn't listen to anyone and he won't take advise from people who might know better than him. Which has been demonstrated most clearly in our transfermarket. The load of unknown South Americans last year was a massive failure and this season we have a guy like Christian Keller in the squad on a four year contract. If we relied on scouts once in a while we wouldn't make expensive mistakes like that. If we had bothered to take one look at Keller before he signed it was clear as daylight that he would NEVER make it in Serie A.

Furthermore, Lotito is unable to tie up contracts and manages to piss everyone off in the process. Cesar is gone (which was probably going to happen anyway). I realise we're on a tight budget but that's not the entire explanation. Rossi is doing a great coaching job and is ready to stay but his contract is still up in the air. Liverani was very positive about an extension, but now he is pissed off at the offer he recieved. Oddo's contract is running out, as is Di Canio's and Dabo's contracts. All of these are crucial players for us. The rest of the squad is made up of makeshift players on loan or co-ownership deals.

Just in recent weeks Siviglia, Zauri, Oddo and Liverani have all been very critical of Lotito's ways. Something is seriously wrong when players start doing that.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i see.
never heard about keller? is he german?
was talamonti that bad with lazio?
he scored a header against inter in san siro, right?
now he is with river plate.

is behrami on loan or halfshare?

at least among the lazio ultras lotito seems incerdibly hated.
i suppose he doesn't want to sponsor them like cragnotti did to a certain point.

but after all lotito saved your club.
you would have ended up in serie c2 without him.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Keller is Danish. Talamonti wasn't bad, he was just plain avarage and on a loan deal or something. Beharami used to be on a halfshare but he is now fully owned by Lazio. I don't remember the exact price but as far as I know it seemed quite high for such a young player.

I don't really know why Irriducibili hate Lotito but I don't care about them, to be honest.

It's true that Lotito saved our asses, and I won't forget that, but the way things are going I seriously fear the club will be destroyed anyway. It just seems everything is going the wrong way these days.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you have to pay back 6 or 7 million euros each season for the next 10-20 years to reduce the debts, right?
that doesn't leave much room to afford top-players i'm afraid.

seen from now lazio should have kept primavera players as di vaio or pinzi.

easier said when you look back, i know.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Lotito has the right idea about rebuilding the club on the strong financial foundation, and in that I support him. It will take some time, but I am confident that in the long run, we'll be scudetto contenders (and winners) again. That there is progress in the club, is already visable.

But what I don't agree with is the way Lotito is involved in player management. That's something he obviously has not much feeling for, and it would be better if he would leave that to someone else. He's making it seem as if all the players, and the coach, are in it only for themselves and are looking to screw Lotito and the club out of more money. Such a position is quite silly and doesn't do much for Lotito's respectability.

If Lotito would focus on the business end (the financial and organizational management) and leave the sportive matters (transfers and contracts) to someone who has more affinity with that, it would already be a big improvement. Lotito could set certain parameters, within which transfers and contract deals could be made. That way he wouldn't have to worry about it exceeding the stipulations of his financial policy, while at the same time keeping clear of direct dealings with transfers and contracts.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
What Boyo said. Lotito has achieved some impressive things, considering he took over when we were on the brink of bankrupcy but his desire to do everything by himself is really counter-productive. The unreasonable demands of the Irriducibili don't help matters too. He seems reluctant to accept the blame for anything and is constantly looking for scapegoats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts