Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Lotina the most underrated coach of La Liga or what? Its amazing the work he does in all the teams he went to but yet he is just never talked about. Celta thought he was the problem and the cancer of the team last season and sacked him half way through the season and now they're in La Segunda.

This season he picks up an Espanyol side that barely escaped relegation last season and has them 2nd in La Liga and playing some awesome futbol. I just hate how his work has always been overlooked and hes never considered for any hgih profile team job. This guy would do wonders for La Seleccion IMO, he has a fantastic mind and a great man too. Players always seem to respect him and give him their best wherever he went. He may have problems with De La Pena this season but hes getting the results without him so he has his reason. This man is an underrated football genious and i know Txupa will back me up on this :D :pp

Lotina :star: :boxing:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I don't think that he's underrated. IMO, He's a good coach for this kind of teams, Espanyol, Celta, Osasuna,... except his bad year in Celta, he has always done very well. I think that he's going to replace Irureta in A Coruña, if he doesn't renew with Espanyol soon.

De la Peña must play in a team like Espanyol, not as DM, but he did great last year as playmaker. This guy is always going to make 2 or 3 goal assists during the match. Lotina is sometimes too "italian" for my taste though.... I guess that I'm too used to the "perfect machine" :D, besides he's a "perico" now. :finger:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Lotina is a concervative idiot who wouldn't see a good player if he so bit him in the ass. He's scared as hell for using any offensive players and it, just like K4 pointed out, very italian in his style. Espanyol has had a good team the last seasons, but there problem has been that they never worked together and they were dependent of Tamudo. Now Dani has steppen forward and helps them out with important goals and also Maxi is showing the game that made Espanyol sign him in the first place. The defence has improved, I'll give him some credit on that. Still the key reasons are the help to Taumdo. Lotina's treatment towards DLP is shamefull and not playing one of best playmakers in the league is dissgracefull. No, he does not deserve a thread!

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, he is a conservative coach but so are the most successful Spanish coaches in recent years. Del Bosque aside, Irureta and Benitez come to mind as being coaches that havent been the most adventerous in La Primera and personally i dont think Lotina is as conservative as these two.

Robban, I think your post actually proves hes a good coach amigo. You say Espanyol always had a good team and that is true but since he came he has them playing as a team and achieving results. Maybe hes the reason why Dani and Maxi are finally playing like football players? Hes known to be a great motivational man and it looks like he knocked some sense into these two.

As much as i love De La Pena and appreciate his amazing play but Espanyol are doing more than fine without him and Espanyol seem to be creating 2-3 assists a game too. Although i do admit that it is kind of annoying why a player of Ivan's class manages to be overlooked by coaches constantly :irritate:

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
He's not an idiot but at Celta, he proved like most Spanish coaches including Irrureta (as evidence of Depor right now), he has no plan B.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts